- Software EngineerEris Industries2015 - PRESENT
- Collaborated with team members to create open source software to enable a whole new class of distributed applications built on blockchains and smart contracts.
- CofounderThe Productivity Game2010 - 2013
- Co-founded a personal productivity coaching business.
- Designed personal productivity methodology and coached clients 1-on-1 on how to use the method.
- Created a simple productivity timer for time boxing and to synchronize coordinated action between team members.
- Wrote an open source library (ServerDate) to implement multi-client timer synchronization.
- Created a prototype promise management system in Node.js using MongoDB and Express.
- Business ConsultantAuthentic Man Program2007 - 2009
- Assembled a board of advisors to provide guidance to the company's strategic mission.
- Facilitated strategy sessions with business owners to define and clarify the company vision and mission.
- Created and led customer outreach teams to increase sales.
- Managed facilities. Hired and managed an operational assistant and bookkeeper.
- Created customer satisfaction surveys to obtain market feedback on company offerings.
- CofounderTGND Corporation2006 - 2007
Technologies: Ruby on Rails
- Co-founded a company with a mission to create price-comparison shopping internet sites for niche markets.
- Hired and managed two software engineers to create a prototype using Ruby on Rails.
- Worked with a lawyer, an accountant, and an internal marketing employee on the big picture of the business.
- Created "virtual company" infrastructure allowing the entire company to run on the internet, requiring no office space.
- Software EngineerHandspring2002 - 2003
Technologies: C, C++, Qt, Palm OS
- Enabled third parties to create software for our products by maintaining and publishing the Palm OS software development tools.
- Created software tools and wrote documentation to support internal application developers to operate more effectively and efficiently.
- Took initiative to support compatibility with open source software for our products by providing leaders of the community with technical documentation and hardware.
- Initiated a proposal and partnered with a PR executive to design a more ethical customer outreach program to prevent harm to company reputation.
- Wrote a technical report and gave a presentation about the costs and benefits of upgrading the Palm OS development platform to support C++ in addition to C.
- Software EngineerNetStudio Corporation1997 - 1998
Technologies: C++, Microsoft Windows
- Co-founded the company with a vision to create a pioneering consumer application for web graphics authoring, emphasizing ease of use.
- Brought a NetStudio product successfully to market with recognition and was awarded "Best of Show" at the Internet World conference.
- Led and defined the software development process, including feature specification and coding standards.
- Architected the product engine in C++. Defined the major subsystems and their interactions.
- Created runtime class inheritance system in C++ to implement user-modifiable effects.
- Created a smart-pointer API to support transaction-based infinite undo and redo.
- Created a runtime diagnostic tool that generated a view of a high-level internal program state in HTML.
- Software EngineerBrøderbund Software1995 - 1997
Technologies: C++, Microsoft Windows, HTML
- Designed and implemented the artificial intelligence component of a real-time strategy game in C++.
- Brought to market French and German versions of a desktop application (Carmen Sandiego Junior Detective Edition) by providing translation support engineering.
- Recognized and rewarded with the Intellectual Capital Award for innovation and realization of ideas contributing to the company's success.
- Gave a technical talk on how to author web pages using the new HTML technology.
- Wrote a proposal to implement the company wide continuous integration system.
- Software EngineerCenter for Advanced Medical Informatics at Stanford University1989 - 1995
Technologies: Common Lisp, PenPoint OS, PostScript
- Developed a pen-based user interface for Ivory, a patient data entry program, in PenPoint, a pen-based operating system.
- Wrote PostScript-generating code in Common Lisp for reports created by Oncocin, a cancer patient treatment expert system.
- Researched different aspects of a pen-based computing user interface as part of an overall effort to make computers more accessible to doctors.
- Set up an experimental wireless network to be used for mobile computing in a hospital.
- Wrote a GIF codec in Common Lisp.