Verified Expert in Engineering
David is a software engineer who excels at building apps from end to end. He has a demonstrated history of writing clean, performant code, implementing scalable software architecture, and working with cloud computing. David is a problem solver and domain expert with exemplary communication skills. With an aptitude to learn new skills, he is reliable and professional in every environment.
Git, Docker, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Slack, Jira
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is the application for Legit, a startup in Albania that won an ICT award for the year 2022.
- Extended features of projects that had an event-driven architecture by specifying data processing pipelines in KSQL and Kafka.
- Enhanced application performance by analyzing and rethinking database schemas and queries in ClickHouse that handle millions of data records per user.
- Created a logging collection system using Fluentd, Elasticsearch, and Kibana that helped the team debug problems faster.
- Created and managed scalable microservices that get data from external APIs, taking into account known problems such as rate limiting, big data congestion, and system failures.
- Maintained the microservices architecture across all three environments, including development, staging, and production.
- Performed code reviews and managed the release of some of the features.
- Managed CI/CD pipelines using Bitbucket, Jenkins, and Argo CD.
- Used test-driven development and agile methodologies.
Allegis - Cruise Automation - Main
- Developed and integrated a Go-based auto-discovery service that significantly enhanced the visibility into services and systems, providing a comprehensive view of dependencies and improving observability across the board.
- Automated the generation of RAG boards via Dataflow pipelines, sourcing real-time insights from logs, BigQuery tables, and external systems. This streamlined process led to heightened efficiency and improved decision-making capabilities.
- Built elegant React layouts that replaced the outdated data input method via YAML files, universally adopted by all teams for smoother and more intuitive data entry experiences.
- Crafted tailored TypeScript-based Backstage plugins to support crucial functionalities, including internal authentication and authorization. Seamlessly integrated FireHydrant while laying the groundwork for further enhancements and integrations.
- Created a lead collection feature that processed leads from submission to third-party mail integrations such as Mailchimp and GetResponse using RabbitMQ.
- Created a widget editor where users could develop simple forms and popups using Vue.js.
- Communicated directly with clients to transform functional and non-functional requirements into concrete code implementations.
- Developed CRM projects to manage customer data, enhance sales management, and deliver actionable insights while utilizing React and Node.js.
- Maintained and developed features of existing systems using Node.js, Express, Postgres, and Redis.
- Functioned both independently and as part of high-performance teams to troubleshoot problems.
- Worked in a fast-paced environment, building quality products in a short amount of time.
I used Gatsby, which enables the website to have fast load times and delivers dynamic web experiences with performance and security that scales.
Node.js, React, Vue
NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, ClickHouse, Redis, Databases
Web Development, Back-end, Full-stack, Single-page Applications (SPA), APIs, Back-end Development, TypeORM, Algorithms, Data Structures, Signal Processing, Electronics, Statistics, Mathematical Analysis, Computer Networking, Software Architecture, Cryptography, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, KSQL, Gatsby, Cloudflare, GitHub Actions, Incident Management, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
RabbitMQ, Jenkins, MATLAB, Prisma, Git, Jira, Slack, BigQuery, Cloud Dataflow
Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Kafka, Kubernetes, Firebase, MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering
Polytechnic University of Tirana - Tirana, Albania
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring