Database Developer/Report Writer (SQL/Oracle)2017 - PRESENTToptal Client
Technologies: Azure SQL, Redgate, Devart, Powershell
- Handled the entire lifecycle of the data layer which helps run a sales rep operation application.
- Designed the architecture, developed the database, and rolled out the same in coordination with the rest of the dev team.
- Handled the different stages of the database (DEV, TEST, PROD) and used several tools to sync the schema and the data between them all and to maintain the Azure SQL code so that it's up to date in the Azure DevOps repository. I use tools from Microsoft, Redgate, and Devart.
- Strove to keep all the plates spinning at full speed. This involves: monitoring logs, modifying T-SQL code, and optimizing indexes/statistics and tables structure to get the most out of Azure SQL performance.
- Designed the ER diagram from initial requirements, based on a series of JSON document needed by the middle layer. Using the latest JSON SQL techniques, I developed a series of stored procedures underpinning an API layer.
- Handled the rollout and the different phases of the database lifecycle (DEV, UAT, PROD) and synced data between the instances to keep the app running.
- Created a series of T-SQL functions using SQL Server system-versioned tables that calculate and return only the data that was inserted or modified after the previous API call. This was a requirement for a disconnected progressive app.
Microsoft SQL Database Expert2016 - 2019Toptal Clients
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.NET, C#
- Optimized tables and indexes as well as analyzed and created a proof of concept for a better search using multiple filters. PowerBI, SSRS, and data aggregation.
- Developed the company's audits, logging, and alert reporting interface with knowledge of PowerBI, dashboard creation, data aggregation, and SSRS.
- Extracted data from the raw database to populate the aggregation database, analysis services, or SQL data marts with SSIS.
- Designed ERD and database scripts for progressive web apps. Developed stored procedures to synchronize data between offline clients and central database via JSON files.
SQL Expert2016 - 2017Toptal Client
Technologies: SQL Server, SQL Data Warehouse, Azure
- Reviewed and optimized SQL queries and merged them from different data sources.
- Built complex SQL.
MicroStrategy Senior Consultant2016 - 2016COTY
Technologies: IBM Netezza, MicroStrategy
- Migrated SAP FI reporting from SAP BW to MicroStrategy.
- Developed the semantic layer and reports/dashboards.
- Advanced KPIs for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and supply chain management departments.
- Replicated SAP BW KPIs to work exactly the same in MicroStrategy as in BW info cubes.
- Worked in a remote multi-site team within tight deadlines.
- Optimized SQL queries.
Business Intelligence Senior Consultant2015 - 2015
Technologies: Microsoft BI, SQL Server, SSAS, SSIS
- Handled business intelligence projects in the hospitality and marketing sectors.
- Worked with advanced ETL scripts, JSON REST web services, semantic text analytics, and geographic queries with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Designed POC dashboards in Power BI.
- Immersed in startup culture.
- Involved in international public bidding and technical presales.
- Optimized geographic SQL queries.
MicroStrategy Senior Consultant2015 - 2015AGQ Labs
Technologies: SQL Server, SSIS, MicroStrategy
- Contributed key elements to several MicroStrategy products to support management decisions in logistics, production, and financials.
- Provided data modeling, ETL, and development.
- Maintained the existing BI stack.
- Trained junior employees.
- Provided support for all products.
- Managed projects.
- Gathered requirements.
- Set expectations.
- Optimized SQL and ETL scripts.
Business Intelligence Architect2009 - 2014Public Health Services, Region of Andalucía
Technologies: Sharepoint, Oracle, MicroStrategy, REST, SOAP HL7 Web Services
- Proactively managed a five-member team.
- Designed and built a proof of concept for a full-stack BI infrastructure for hospital data analysis based on MicroStrategy and SharePoint with custom SSO and user authorization to comply with PA standards.
- Made a series of departmental integrations with the hospital information system and HL7 validation.
- Built interactive data pages for almost real-time ER monitoring and bed allocation.
- Negotiated with clients.
Author2013 - 2013PACKT Publishing
Technologies: SQL Server, MicroStrategy, Amazon EC2, Azure
- Authored "Business Intelligence with MicroStrategy," from concept to final review.
- Created additional material for the website, including videos, code, and examples.
- Collaborated with the editing team, one chapter at a time.
- Operated successfully in a multicultural environment.
Automation Developer2009 - 2012INyDIA Labs
Technologies: C#, VBA, XML/XSLT
- Automated and integrated multiple diagnostic appliances with Xiril Robotic Workstation (thermoshaker, barcode scanner, etc.).
- Developed a new application to manage and service an array reader (serial communication layer + UX design).
- Integrated hardware.
- Managed projects and oversaw source version control.
- Did RS232 programming.
Data Analyst and Database Developer2003 - 2009European Commission
Technologies: Oracle, PL/SQL, Visual Basic
- Studied, analyzed, and developed a timeseries-oriented database to store, consult, and update the timeseries datasets used in economic models. With different models and mathematical software (GAMS, Vensim), the database allowed input/output and conversion of datasets between them.
- Employed a goal-oriented approach.
Business Intelligence Developer2003 - 2006INDRA
Technologies: MicroStrategy, Oracle Warehouse Builder
- Designed, developed, and maintained an Oracle data warehouse in one of the biggest hospitals in Spain.
- Dealt with ETL loads, semantic layer, and daily monitoring.
- Mentored warehouse builder and microstrategy users.
- Maintained a proactive, customer-oriented presence with impeccable accountability.
Bioinformatics Developer2002 - 2002CNR Milano
Technologies: Oracle Ultrasearch, SQL Server, Linux, Shell Scripting
- Studied and produced a proof of concept for a full-text search engine for the retrieval of medical and biological literature from scientific web databases (PubMed, etc.) and international genome databases.
- Researched and developed an intranet proteomic application aimed at helping hemoglobin variations research.
Bioinformatics Developer and DBA2000 - 2002FOCUS Diagnostics
Technologies: Oracle, Linux, VBA, Kermit
- Helped build a European database of samples and antibiogram test results for an antibiotic surveillance network.
- Developed connections to different lab hardware and software.
- Facilitated extraction and data cleansing.
- Provided remote support to hospital personnel.
Helpdesk and Third-party Vendor Management Specialist1998 - 2000Syngenta Seeds
Technologies: Oracle, Linux, Classic ASP
- Provided hardware and software maintenance, third-party provider management, and user support.
- Maintained the sales department data warehouse.
- Helped migrate data from a legacy AS-400 to an SAP R/3 system.
- Maintained crucial vendor relationships with a service-oriented approach.
Support Engineer1991 - 1998Microsoft
Technologies: COBOL, Visual Basic, SQL Server
- Applied a problem-solving approach to product support, customer support, troubleshooting, and beta testing.
- Developed samples and technical documentation.
- Helped build a customer satisfaction data-warehouse to measure call center performance.
- Communicated with customers.