Verified Expert in Engineering
Linux, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), React, Node.js, TypeScript
The most amazing...
...and impactful thing I've coded was Plupload, a file uploading module that got adopted by WordPress and used by millions of people on a regular basis.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Established the optimizations, created recording rules, constructed dashboards, and heavily participated in porting graphs and alerts from Wavefront VMware to Prometheus and Grafana.
- Refactored, developed, and maintained the Airflow DAGs for syncing marketing information from BigQuery to HubSpot.
- Introduced a simplified ad campaign creation flow for the Reddit ad platform and developed features using TypeScript, React, and Redux. Optimized and refactored existing code, fixed inconsistencies and the malfunctioning UI.
- Developed an MVP for leveraging the power of AI for internal marketing purposes, using React, MUI, Styled Components, and Reddit API.
- Architected a solution for performance-wise serving of geospatial data on top of Mapbox, using vector tiles. Hosted in the cloud, leveraging CDN for caching and Kubernetes for seamless scaling of a containerized front end and back end.
- Developed the front-end UI for MVT serving MVP using AngularJS and MUI, with the back end using Node.js, NestJS, and TypeORM, both sides using TypeScript with PostgreSQL and PostGIS hosted in Google Cloud.
- Designed and implemented the end-to-end CI pipeline using Docker containers for deployment into Cloud Run instances. It was interconnected via a private network to Cloud SQL for storing geospatial data and Google Cloud Storage for caching generated vector tiles.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
- Maintained application front and back end to produce maps directly used by autonomous vehicles. Developed features, fixed bugs, wrote research papers and documentation using TypeScript, React/Redux, NestJS, Node.js, and PostgreSQL.
- Set up environment and workflow for Storybook-based screenshot testing with React.
- Configured end-to-end testing with Cypress.io. Wrote utilities and created first tests.
- Developed self-contained, private npm module test framework for testing database queries using Jest, TypeScript, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Docker, CircleCI, and Buildkite.
Lead Software Developer
Zipmex Asia Pte. Ltd.
- Consolidated scattered repositories into one monorepo, drastically simplifying the development and build process using Git, Yarn Workspaces, and Webpack.
- Developed a dedicated microservice to execute hybrid distributed transactions using the saga pattern with TypeScript, PostgreSQL, WebSockets, REST, and MQ.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed smart TV (Samsung Tizen, LG, Hisense) client for online streaming service Myvideo using React, MobX, MST, and Sass.
Senior Software Developer
- Maintained RCE TinyMCE, an integral part of WordPress and many other CMSs, used by millions of people every day. Wrote documentation, fulfilled support requests, fixed bugs, and implemented new features and plugins.
- Worked on improving internal unit testing API agar and its TinyMCE specific extension mcagar (both open-source now).
- Contributed to improving the imagetools library, which directly depends on image manipulation functionality in both TinyMCE and EditLive!.
- Maintained PowerPaste, a premium solution for pasting Microsoft Word/Excel documents into TinyMCE, optimized Flash shim for importing images in legacy browsers and implemented an experimental and more performant alternative to copy/paste flow.
- Implemented TinyMCE Configurator PoC, a user-friendly way of building configuration for the RCE TinyMCE, using JavaScipt and React.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Maintained the front end for internal corporate CRM.
- Developed the front end of the information portal for the corporate call center 11818.
- Initiated department-wide switch from SVN to Git as the source control system, designed new dev workflow, configured test environment on a barebone server, wrote deployment scripts in bash, and recorded CBT series explaining the new workflow.
Lead Software Developer
- Developed and maintained multi-runtime file uploading API, Plupload, which is part of WordPress, is included in Joomla and Drupal via plugins, and is part of many other CMS-es around the world, literally used by millions of people on daily basis.
- Developed a playground for fiddling with different Plupload configurations, similar to CodeSandbox, JSBin or jsFiddle, but specific to Plupload needs.
Freelance Full-stack Developer
Freelancer (former ScriptLance)
- Developed i8, a framework for creating WordPress plugins and themes, which was successfully used to create 30+ modules for WordPress.
- Created exhibition catalog generator for PLMA (the Private Label Manufacturers Association) that was successfully used by a company for several years - the requirement was that the app should launch from USB drive on any browser, including IE6.
- Developed a website for Celebration Town Center Florida.
- Developed a website for GIAC: Georgian International Arbitration Centre.
- Wrote more than 750 articles on various IT topics, including software, hardware, training series, and scientific accomplishments.
- Tested, benchmarked, and reviewed different hardware devices such as computers, laptops, gadgets, accessories, etc.
- Tracked several scientific magazines and wrote about hi-tech innovations, actual research, and promising breakthroughs.
- Prepared a series of guide-trough articles about interesting and useful software.
- Administered infrastructure for MyVideo.ge, the biggest video sharing website in the region, which started as a small site on a single virtual server and under my administration turned into a distributed service with several load-balancers, database cluster and a couple of powerful file-servers..
- Configured and compiled customized versions of software required by MyVideo, including Apache, MySQL, and video conversion and manipulation tool.
- Managed several hosting and billing servers both for the company's own needs and those of clients.
- Wrote automation scripts in Perl, bash, and some PHP.
MyVideo Smart TV Apphttp://smartapp-dev.myvideo.ge
Cypress, Ext JS, Express.js, Jest, QUnit, Jasmine, Redux, Electron, Laravel, Angular, React Native, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, NestJS
React, jQuery, jQuery UI, Node.js, React Redux, MobX, React-JSS, Vue, Facebook API, Google APIs, RxJS, Ramda
Sequelize, Plesk, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, JSX, CircleCI, MS Silverlight, Mocha, JSS, Subversion (SVN), Mercurial, MSTest, Apache Airflow, VMware, Grafana, BigQuery
Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing, Agile Software Development, Functional Programming, Continuous Integration (CI), REST
cPanel, WordPress, Docker, Buildkite, Linux, WHMCS, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Red Hat Linux, Mapbox, LAMP, MacOS, Windows, Android, iOS, Oracle, Kubernetes, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Drone CI, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
MySQL, SQLite, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, MongoDB, NoSQL, Google Cloud, MySQL Clustering, Memcached, Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud Storage
Web Host Manager (WHM), WordPress Plugins, Storybook, Full-stack, Styled-components, React Hooks, ESLint, Containers, Full-stack Development, Integration Testing, Hardware, Software, Science, Innovation, Clustering, Load Balancers, Data, Security, WebSockets, Amplitude, User Interface (UI), Front-end, Prometheus, Playwright, React Testing Library, HubSpot
Bachelor's Degree in Operational Systems and Networks
Georgian Technical University - Tbilisi, Georgia
Bachelor's Degree in Banking and Finance
College for economics and finance - Tbilisi, Georgia
Google Cloud Certified - Associate Cloud Engineer
Advanced Node.js: Scaling Applications
Node.js: Debugging and Performance Tuning
Node.js: Design Patterns
Codility Golden Award for the Molybdenum 2019 Challenge
Codility Golden Award for the Niobium 2019 Challenge
CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate