Web Developer2016 - 20172nd Nature, LLC (via Toptal)
- Created a CSV import of map features with data validation, preview, and ability to remap fields.
- Developed auditing back-end code to keep track of user actions.
- Created basic end-to-end tests with Nightwatch browser automation framework.
- Implemented single sign-on access control, based on web tokens, for a suite of online tools.
- Rewrote and refactored existing PHP back-end code with the Lumen framework.
- Fixed bugs and cleaned up code in the existing code-base.
- Implemented export functionality for PostGIS map features, with support for shape files and XLS format.
Full-Stack Developer2015 - 2017Pareto Solutions (via Toptal)
Technologies: CakePHP, Git, jQuery, Sass, MySQL, MongoDB, Facebook API, Stripe API, Node.js, React.js, Redux, Firebase
- Created a multi-step checkout page with Stripe API.
- Created a CSV tool to update database rows in bulk with preview functionality.
- Implemented required functionalities for a web app that uses Facebook API for reporting, analytics, and marketing automation.
- Created a prototype web tool for automating bids with Facebook's advertising platform.
- Created an editing tool prototype based on React Data Grid that saves data to Firebase.
Senior Web Developer2013 - 2015Extension Engine
Technologies: CakePHP, jQuery, Python, Django, Backbone, Foundation, Sass, Vagrant, Jasmine
- Implemented new features on PaintNite, a website for organizing painting parties.
- Created a web tool for uploading and managing files with endless scrolling and quick file preview.
- Implemented Backbone.js UIs for search and course discovery on Open edX, an on-line learning platform.
- Worked on a proprietary social learning platform that integrates Open edX via RESTful API.
- Contributed features and bug-fixes to Open edX.
Web Developer2012 - 2013ImadeThis AS
Technologies: CodeIgniter, jQuery, Less, Bootstrap, Git
- Worked on Spreads, a digital publication platform.
- Learned fundamentals in Bootstrap and Less.
Web Developer2009 - 2012Extension Engine
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Drupal 6, jQuery, WordPress, SVN
- Helped build a website for CompStudy, a web service for compensation surveys.
- Built an interactive charting tool to allow a user to chart, graph, filter, and sort data in different ways.
- Worked on Parent School Network, a school information and engagement platform.
- Created several websites on Drupal and WordPress.
Web Developer2007 - 2009Booking IT
- Created a solution to seamlessly integrate an e-booking web form into hotel websites.
- Supported a centralized booking system using .NET and MS SQL.
- Improved the design and usability of several PHP and .NET websites.
- Created a Joomla website for a local municipality.
Co-Founder and Web Developer2006 - 2007Kinitos
- Worked in a small team to envision and develop a real time online booking system for yacht charters.
- Helped design a complex relational database for the booking system.
- Created elaborate .NET web forms for administering boats, equipment, and services.
- Implemented optimized SQL procedures for MS SQL server.