CTO2013 - 2015Finanex, Cyprus
Technologies: Lightstreamer, Apache Wicket, WebSockets, PostgreSQL, JBoss, EclipseLink, Spring, JAX-RS, Java
- Developed a stand-alone Java application that pushed data to different clients (HTML, Flash, iOS, Android).
- Developed a web application in Wicket and integrated it with a front-end output.
- Connected to payment gateways and executed real time money payments.
- Connected to various third party APIs (MailChimp, GetResponse, Facebook, Lightstreamer, etc.).
- Connected to market data providers with real time streaming quotes (IQFeed and Morningstar).
- Investigated possible technologies for a project and made a selection based on a cost vs. functionality trade-off criteria.
- Interviewed new candidates to join the team (for Java back-end and HTML + CSS front-end positions).
- Prioritized and making strategic decisions based on available resources and business requirements.
- Met with investors and affiliates, presenting technical details of a project.
- Fully administered deployments on Amazon AWS (EC2, RDS) from the initial account creation to the working state of the servers.
- Obtained and installed SSL/TLS certificates.
- Managed DNS accounts.
Java Back-end and Web Developer2010 - 2013Freelance
Technologies: PostgreSQL, MySQL, JBoss, Apache Tomcat, Hibernate, EJB3, Spring, Apache Struts, Ext JS, JAX-RS, Java
- Developed various web applications.
- Modeled and administered MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.
- Developed a rich web UI using Sencha Ext JS.
- Created REST services and clients.
Java Web Developer2007 - 2010European Dynamics - Athens
- Developed business web applications for government e-procurement systems.
- Worked on database modeling (MySQL).
- Administered several deployments on client machines (Linux & Windows).
- Analyzed client requirements.
- Wrote precise use cases based on client requests.
- Led a team of developers.
Java Web Developer2006 - 2007Komercijalna Banka AD, Belgrade
Technologies: JUnit, WebSphere MQ, ActiveMQ, WebSphere, Hibernate, Spring, Apache Struts, Servlet, JSP, Java
- Developed enterprise web applications and web services.
- Administered IBM WebSphere application server through the administrative console and additional scripting.
- Developed stand-alone Java applications that run on legacy IBM mainframes.
- Accessed and incorporated legacy CICS transactions from Java.
- Administered IBM DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server databases.
Back and Front-end Developer2005 - 2006BIS Beograd, Belgrade
- Developed applications for financial bookkeeping and accounting.
- Worked on database modeling.
- Administered client installations on Windows and Linux machines.
- Remotely assisted clients with technical issues.