Verified Expert in Engineering
Dembe is a full-stack developer, very passionate about software development. He has nine years of software development experience and a computer science BSc degree. Dembe has an insatiable appetite for learning and understanding technologies, so he is always up to date and has the right tools to get the job done in his arsenal.
MacOS, Linux, Slack, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Postman, Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS), APIs
The most amazing...
...solution I've developed is a rules engine that helped the company improve a workflow from a turnaround time of fourteen to four days.
Senior Software Developer
Panda Technology South Africa
- Developed an app that connects users with mental health professionals in South Africa using React Native.
- Created the CI/CD pipeline used to distribute the app throughout its development lifecycle using GitHub actions and Microsoft's app center.
- Maintained the company's website, which is built using Gatsby.
- Built the admin dashboard used for data management using React.
Renegade Publishing Inc.
- Architected and developed the AWS back-end environment.
- Developed and requested back-end endpoints using Express.js and Node.js.
- Managed efficient SQL queries for the system analytics dashboard.
Senior Mobile Developer
- Developed a health care scheme member app based on their legacy Cordova-based app, using React Native.
- Assisted with developing the UI/UX standards and designs.
- Developed the CI/CD for the app distribution using GitLab and Fastlane.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed back-end services for the on-premises move to AWS cloud.
- Built automated unit tests using Jest and Husky for pre-commit testing.
- Developed Docker images for AWS ECS and code as infrastructure using AWS CDK.
Senior Software Developer Team Lead
- Developed a mobile application that assisted with access control for residential estates.
- Built a web admin panel that assisted with access control for residential estates.
- Created the coding standards used and followed by the developers.
- Managed code reviews and assisted more junior developers.
- Kept the mobile and API technologies up to industry standards.
- Developed a rule engine, using Node.js, Hapi.js, and MongoDB that is highly configurable and suitable to the business requirements that rule engines in the market could not meet.
- Developed front end with React and Material-UI and back end using Node.js and Hapi.js for investment administration. The front end is highly configurable using JSON object stored in Mongo, so no code changes are required when a new client is onboarded.
- Strengthened developmental methodologies by introducing a code quality document.
- Assessed costs and risks associated with developing new features and products.
Standard Bank South Africa
- Configured and built stubs–virtual services using Java and IBM's Rational Integration tool, formally GreenHat.
- Converted mainframe systems into more modern web-based systems.
- Created automated tests using Jenkins, groovy scripts, and shell scripts.
- Obtained full knowledge of system development lifecycle in an Agile manner.
- Drafted comprehensive reports to document bugs and design flaws.
The user can also book a session with a mental health professional, a one on 1 video call, or a chat-based session via the app.
The user can also work on various activities, exercises, and assessments designed and provided by mental health professionals.
The app is available on App Store, Playstore, and App Gallery.
• Quick access to digital membership cards and scheme membership details.
• Easy submission of claims and tracking of medical scheme expenses.
• Simple registration of chronic conditions and chronic medication prescriptions.
• Hospital pre-authorization requests.
• Tax certificate requests.
React Native, gRPC, Koa, Express.js
GitHub, Agora, Braze, GitLab, GitLab CI/CD, Git, Fastlane, Jenkins, Slack, Postman, Sequelize
JSON, Database Management Systems (DBMS), Databases, Google Cloud, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Front-end Development, Algorithms, Software Development, Information Systems, Computer Science, Cloudinary, APIs, Strapi, IT Project Management, Mathematics, Computer Skills, Gatsby, SaaS
Heroku, Firebase, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ably, Azure, WebSphere MQ, z/OS, AIX, MacOS, Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Midrand Graduate Institute - Midrand, South Africa