Director of Product Engineering2018 - PRESENTArturo
Technologies: Swift, iOS, Node.js, Git, Metal, OpenGL
- Led iOS and mobile graphics development, contributing to both architecture and execution.
- Contributed to deciding product priorities based on engineering effort, and helped to translate business ideas into programming tasks.
- Managed technical investigations relating to business requirements, to ensure the company stays on the cutting edge in the realm of native mobile video.
- Contributed to the overall product, design, and engineering process.
CTO2014 - PRESENTRiff
- Worked part-time as CTO, supervising and writing code on both mobile platforms and back-end DevOps.
- Maintained our own fork of FFmpeg with additional audio visualization filters.
- Hired and managed other engineers.
- Acted as the creative director and principal technical artist for our GPU-based music visualizations.
Lead Developer (iOS & Mobile Vision)2017 - 2018OCTI
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Metal, OpenGL, CoreML, Keras, SceneKit
- Led architecture and implementation of compositing, rendering, 3D graphics, and VFX pipeline.
- Managed iOS and GPU-based FX and 3D graphics developers to create a cohesive app and rendering pipeline with QA.
- Oversaw and occasionally led the implementation and usage of neural networks and classical computer vision algorithms on mobile devices.
- Led iOS UI development and client-server sync architecture.
- Shaped and evolved project architecture, reconciling product requirements with technical workflow.