Java Developer in San Francisco, CA, United States
Senior Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTCisco Systems
- Built an API gateway and data processing/aggregation microservices using Springboot for a distributed monitoring solution.
- Made key contributions to the design and implementation of a Java auth framework based on Oauth2.
- Implemented a project management system on top of Openstack API.
- Increased stability and security of an open sourced monitoring Ruby-based agent by refactoring and implementing the authentication layer.
- Boosted performance of the data ingestion service by 60% by analyzing code with profiling tools and fixing identified issues (decreased auth overhead, optimized payload processing).
- Implemented product licensing capabilities in monitoring solution by building middle-tier services and integrating with licensing service.
Java Developer2015 - 2016Max2 (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Kafka, Scala, Play Framework, Akka, Redis, MySQL
- Hardened mobile app Java back-end API security by introducing a signed request feature (Amazon API like).
- Boosted performance of API back-end pagination requests by 50% by implementing Redis-based pagination.
- Increased the robustness of the API by introducing JSON schema and automated payload field validations.
- Made code more reliable and testable by refactoring and applying testability best practices.
Founder and Lead Developer2014 - 2015BSDvm
Technologies: Java, PHP, Python, AngularJS, Play!, Apache Thrift, ZeroMQ, Akka, HTML, CSS, VMware, Amazon AWS
- Designed and implemented a VPS infrastructure orchestration layer in Python.
- Built a cloud provisioning system based on a custom work queue implemented with Java and Akka.io.
- Designed and implemented a cloud control panel with PHP and AngularJS.
- Built integration with Amazon AWS via Java API.
- Created the main company website.
Engineering Manager2012 - 2014Google (via EPAM)
- Implemented a number of BI system plugins for proprietary file systems, databases, and data warehouses.
- Designed and implemented a web application that served as a metadata dictionary for the data delivered to multiple data warehouses.
Software Engineer2011 - 2012Google (via EPAM)
- Developed a multi-purpose Java query tool based on MapReduce.
- Participated in the migration of the application from a MySQL to a NoSQL database.
Software Engineer2010 - 2011Google (via EPAM)
Technologies: Java, GWT, Python, Protocol Buffers, MapReduce, MySQL, NoSQL
- Implemented a GWT front-end framework that served as the basis for application development for a CRM administration application.
- Implemented a quick search feature that improved the UX.
- Re-engineered the application's mail queue administration view.
- Covered the application functionality with functional automated tests.
Software Test Engineer2006 - 2010GlobalLogic
- Developed a testing framework in Java/Selenium for a web application.
- Wrote a parser in Perl that helped to fix thousands of legacy automated tests written in Tcl.
- Java Quant/algorithmic Trading Framework (Development)
The framework is implemented based on Interactive Brokers Java API and open sourced back-testing engine. Allows to easily implement new trading strategies and backtest them, using historical data from multiple sources: Interactive Brokers API, Yahoo Finance API, Database, CSV files.
- Albumica (Development)
A web application that allows for sharing of photo albums across multiple social networks. Technologies used include Facebook API, Instagram API, VK API, AngularJS, Redis, and Play!
- GammaCloud (Development)
Developed a PaaS for PHP, RoR, Python, and Java app deployment. Technologies used include Go!, Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, and Docker.
- Building Modern Web Applications with AngularJS and Play Framework (Publication)Building robust web applications is often a lot about choosing the right tools. Doing so with a combination of tools that ensure both a modern, flexible front-end, and a solid, reliable back-end is something everybody wants. This article demonstrates exactly that trick by combining AngularJS and Play Framework to build a simple blog application.
FrameworksSpring, Play Framework, AngularJS, Jersey, Bootstrap 3, Apache Thrift, Django
Libraries/APIsInteractive Brokers' API, ZeroMQ, Instagram API, Facebook API, jQuery
ToolsAWS ECS, Mesos, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), IntelliJ IDEA, Git, VirtualBox, VMware, Vagrant
PlatformsDocker, Linux, AWS Lambda, AWS EC2, FreeBSD, MacOS
OtherAlgorithmic Trading, Quantitative Finance, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Protocol Buffers
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, MapReduce
StorageNoSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, H2, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Master of Science degree in Radio Electronics Engineering1999 - 2004Khmelnitsky National University - Ukraine