- Senior Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTCisco Systems
- Built an API gateway and data processing/aggregation microservices using Springboot for a distributed monitoring solution.
- Made key contributions to the design and implementation of a Java auth framework based on Oauth2.
- Implemented a project management system on top of Openstack API.
- Increased stability and security of an open sourced monitoring Ruby-based agent by refactoring and implementing the authentication layer.
- Boosted performance of the data ingestion service by 60% by analyzing code with profiling tools and fixing identified issues (decreased auth overhead, optimized payload processing).
- Implemented product licensing capabilities in monitoring solution by building middle-tier services and integrating with licensing service.
- Java Developer2015 - 2016Max2 (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Kafka, Scala, Play Framework, Akka, Redis, MySQL
- Hardened mobile app Java back-end API security by introducing a signed request feature (Amazon API like).
- Boosted performance of API back-end pagination requests by 50% by implementing Redis-based pagination.
- Increased the robustness of the API by introducing JSON schema and automated payload field validations.
- Made code more reliable and testable by refactoring and applying testability best practices.
- Founder and Lead Developer2014 - 2015BSDvm
Technologies: Java, PHP, Python, AngularJS, Play!, Apache Thrift, ZeroMQ, Akka, HTML, CSS, VMware, Amazon AWS
- Designed and implemented a VPS infrastructure orchestration layer in Python.
- Built a cloud provisioning system based on a custom work queue implemented with Java and Akka.io.
- Designed and implemented a cloud control panel with PHP and AngularJS.
- Built integration with Amazon AWS via Java API.
- Created the main company website.
- Engineering Manager2012 - 2014Google (via EPAM)
- Implemented a number of BI system plugins for proprietary file systems, databases, and data warehouses.
- Designed and implemented a web application that served as a metadata dictionary for the data delivered to multiple data warehouses.
- Software Engineer2011 - 2012Google (via EPAM)
- Developed a multi-purpose Java query tool based on MapReduce.
- Participated in the migration of the application from a MySQL to a NoSQL database.
- Software Engineer2010 - 2011Google (via EPAM)
Technologies: Java, GWT, Python, Protocol Buffers, MapReduce, MySQL, NoSQL
- Implemented a GWT front-end framework that served as the basis for application development for a CRM administration application.
- Implemented a quick search feature that improved the UX.
- Re-engineered the application's mail queue administration view.
- Covered the application functionality with functional automated tests.
- Software Test Engineer2006 - 2010GlobalLogic
- Developed a testing framework in Java/Selenium for a web application.
- Wrote a parser in Perl that helped to fix thousands of legacy automated tests written in Tcl.