Verified Expert in Engineering
Dinis is a senior software developer with 12 years of experience currently focusing on mobile development with Xamarin. In the past, he has also done native and hybrid mobile development as well as web development. Dinis has served as the team lead of small development teams throughout the last few years and helped my managers and companies with key technology decisions.
Windows, Visual Studio, Git, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've been involved in is a partnership with Mercedes-Benz to create a custom-built telemetry app for the legendary big-wave surfer Garret McNamara.
Lead Mobile Developer
- Served as the lead developer for mobile apps for iOS and Android using Xamarin.Forms.
- Suggested and designed new apps to replace older ones. The new apps managed to drastically increase the development cycle.
- Implemented automated UI tests and CI/CD and helped with other key tech decisions.
Tech Lead Developer
- Worked across several projects and customers, usually as the team lead developer.
- Led training and workshops inside the company and for customers and other organizations, including universities.
- Developed mobile apps using Xamarin.Native, Xamarin.Forms, Android (Java), and iOS (Objective-C); developed websites with .Net MVC; and contributed to other R&D projects.
- Created a real-time telemetry solution for McNamara and Mercedes using Android and Azure.
- Worked as a team lead developer for a USA-based customer building an app for mobile analytics (Windows Store app).
Research and Development
- Developed an interactive itineraries experiment using Microsoft Kinect and Google StreetView. This was showcased at an international exhibition in Lisbon.
- Developed several apps and PoCs with Phonegap, Kinect, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Windows Store Apps.
- Organized several geek/tech events, helped define internal programming practices and methodologies, and presented workshops on Windows Store apps and mobile web development.
- Helped sales managers with pre-sales initiatives.
Mobile App for Safety Managementhttps://www.sitedocs.com/
The project already existed in an unfinished state when I started working on it, so I started analyzing how to improve it. As a result, we built a new app that has completely replaced the old one while using improved maintainability techniques and UI/UX.
Nutrition Platform and Service
Developed the Android and iOS mobile apps that allowed users to access the platform and the back end (Azure/.Net MVC) used by nutritionist professionals.
Mobile Banking App
The app was developed with Xamarin for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone; code sharing was done for the three platforms and sharing between the two app user types, which were similar in design and logic.
This app was used as a case study by Xamarin.
Mobile Analytics App
During this project, I worked primarily remotely while maintaining constant contact with my team and other company teams. I also relocated to the USA a couple of times to work directly in the office.
Real-Time Telemetry App/Service
I created custom-built telemetry for Garret McNamara as part of this project, and among other findings, the top speed achieved was 62.4 kilometers per hour.
XAML, C#, Objective-C, Java
Xamarin, Mobile, iOS, Android, Universal Windows Platform (UWP), Windows Phone, Web, Windows, MacOS, Azure
Xamarin.Forms, Software, .NET MAUI, Windows Store
Xamarin.UITest, ASP.NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Microsoft Kinect, PhoneGap
Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, jQuery Mobile
Visual Studio, Git
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
NOVA University Lisbon - Lisbon, Portugal
Xamarin Certified Developer
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
Microsoft Certified Professional
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring