Dino is an Apple app developer always trying to use the latest tools Apple has to offer. He is traveling the world while helping startups make their ideas come to life. He loves building prototypes and MVPs to test out product-market fit as early in the process as possible.
ExperiencePrototyping - 10 yearsCocoaPods - 5 yearsMobile UX Design - 5 yearsiOS - 5 yearsSwift - 4 yearsLean Startups - 3 yearsRealm - 1 yearBitrise - 1 year
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is a Beat Saber score extractor that automatically manages a high-score list between all machines running the game in my arcade.
Senior iOS Developer
- Suggested improvements to send users to App Store reviews. In just two months since releasing that feature, we got 5x more reviews than in the last six years on the store. New reviews have an average rating of 4.7 compared to the previous of 3.8.
- Had creative freedom to implement a prototype for a new feature of real-time workout tracking and guidance using timely audio and visual feedback to the user.
- Improved UX app-wide by introducing subtle bouncy animations to buttons and views as they appear or update.
- Migrated part of the project from Flutter to native Swift.
Lead iOS Developer
- Led the development for the Playbook Creator app, which helps content creators create and manage their content, and of the Playbook consumer app, which enables users to subscribe to the Playbook platform and access all the content hosted there.
- Devised a prompt for review that resulted in an App Store rating of 4.9, focusing calls to action on power users who are happy with the app and the content they consume.
- Built a custom video crop feature that I'm really proud of. It should be still visible in Creator App as part of the App Store promo video of the app.
Lead iOS Developer
- Built an app to find local cafes with good wifi and power outlets.
- Developed an app to connect people that want to teach each other languages.
- Created an app for sharing sound bits around you on Twitter.
- Founded the company in Italy as part of a startup incubator program.
- Made and published an iOS game called Sketch&Fetch.
- Made a mobile app for tracking public bus schedules and itineraries for Rijeka (Croatia).
- Got public funding that was mostly used for team equipment.
- Closed the company after running it for more than a year without losing more than personally invested.
- Developed both back-end and front-end components of the company API.
- Worked on front-end user administration, including the creation of functions for parsing whois data and processing PayPal information.
- Created MySQL tables to save historical data of all the domains involved in WhoAPI processing and optimized the collection of said data.
- Contributed to the development of the Domainchy iOS app, written in Objective-C with a PHP back-end for integration with WHMCS API to allow users to buy domains using the iOS app.
- Built custom scripts in PHP to automate database communication and data profiling.
- Used ETL tools (including Informatica and Talend) to handle data migration and optimization of data handling in general.
- Developed Flex widget for Microstrategy reports.
- Modified WordPress themes by changing designs and adding custom features, such as post ratings.
- Wrote PHP scripts to populate WordPress databases with data from Adria24 Forum and RSS feeds.
- Handled front-end and back-end development of company websites in PHP, focusing on debugging and error handling.
Playbook iOS Apphttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1107266414
I was the lead iOS developer and business co-founder, responsible for most of the UX/UI stuff you can see in the app. I have a strong passion for smooth and bouncy interfaces.
I'm also very proud of the way I made users review our app which resulted in a 4.9 App Store rating. I only focused on power users that are happy with the app and the content they consume.
Playbook Creator iOS Apphttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1166632935
I'm especially proud of the video crop feature I built for this app (should be visible on the App Store preview video).
Autotrollej - Rijeka City Bus
- Teach your kids how to use the app for cases of emergency.
- Make your grandparents' lives easier by setting up a quick call list.
- Store emergency numbers while you are traveling.
Mobile UI Design, Mobile UX Design, Mobile App Design
iOS, MacOS, Bitrise
Prototyping, Lean Startups, Game Development
CocoaPods, jQuery, Twitter SDK, Facebook iOS SDK
Adobe Photoshop, Xcode, Git, Apple HealthKit, Fastlane
SQLite, MySQL, Realm
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
The University of Rijeka - Rijeka, Croatia
University of Pennsylvania