Machine Learning Developer2021 - PRESENTFord Motor Company
Technologies: Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, ARM, Android, AUTOSAR, Android Auto, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), TensorFlow, Linux, QNX, Git, Python, Python 3, Python 2, Office 365, C++, CMake, Ubuntu, Windows, Docker, FastCV, OpenVX, Docker Compose, Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), Object Detection, Image Segmentation, Biometrics, Facial Recognition, Augmented Reality (AR), Snapdragon Neural Processing Engine (SNPE), DLC, Mathematics, OpenCV, Open Neural Network Exchange (ONNX), Qualcomm, PyTorch, TensorFlow Light, Bash Script, Technical Hiring, Code Review, Source Code Review, Interviewing
- Tasked with the research and development of future artificial intelligence applications for the next generation of autonomous vehicle infotainment systems at Ford's R&D laboratory.
- Conceived a series of PoCs for the self-driving car, including different areas, such as deep learning, computer vision, user recommendation, embedded systems, and connectivity with other devices.
- Utilized many technologies, including Linux, Office365, Eclipse, Blackberry QNX, CMake, C++, Android Auto, AUTOSAR, Python, OpenCV, TensorFlow, Git, and Google Cloud Platform.
Lead Data Scientist2019 - 2021Patriot One Technologies
Technologies: Data Science, Data Analysis, Image Processing, Technical Leadership, Product Development, Research, Supervised Learning, Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Data Cleaning, Data Visualization, Data Mining, Fourier Transform, Python, Confluence, Jira, Vector Network Analyser, Radar, Seaborn, Pandas, Scikit-learn, SciPy, PyTorch, Python 3, Anaconda, Jupyter Notebook, Git, Machine Learning, Team Leadership, Teamwork, Predictive Analytics, Predictive Learning, Object Detection, Digital Signal Processing, Statistical Modeling, Docker, Visualization, Signal Processing, Autoencoders, POC, Mathematics, Linear Regression, OpenCV, Technical Hiring, Interviewing, Code Review, Source Code Review
- Created a deep learning model that detects concealed weapons with radar and magnetic sensors, digital signal processing, and a convolutional neural network.
- Managed a technical team consisting of a principal scientist and data scientists on an Agile project.
- Accumulated management roles as machine learning engineer and data science team leader with my original role as a data scientist.
Senior Consultant Engineer2018 - 2019Altran
Technologies: Agile, Google Test, CMake, AUTOSAR, VS Code, OpenCV, Git, Continuous Integration (CI), Jenkins, Confluence, Jira, ARM, C++, Python 3, Robot Framework, Teamwork, Python
- Coded embedded C++ for the BMW and Continental future fully digital driver's dashboard, specifically the BMW Series 7 Instrument Cluster 5th Generation.
- Updated procedures on the Confluence website such as onboarding instructions for new team members and how to set up the environment.
- Applied Google unit tests and Python Robot framework to automate testing procedures for verification of new versions before release.
Technology Consultant2017 - 2018Natura Brazil
Technologies: SAP, Predictive Maintenance, 3D Printing, Augmented Reality (AR), Office 365, Microsoft Power BI, Azure, Leadership, Team Leadership, Agile Leadership, Python, Industry 4.0, Predictive Modeling, Warehouses, Forecasting, Technical Leadership, Management, Predictive Analytics, Predictive Learning, Python 3, Visualization, Mathematics, Dashboards, Mobile Apps, Interviewing
- Completed a data science analysis of an MRO warehouse, reducing 30% of the spare parts stock value without impacting stock-out.
- Promoted industry 4.0 applications, including additive manufacturing (3D printing), augmented reality, IoT, big data, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Presented a successful business case for acquiring a professional 3D printer that reduced the acquisition of plastic SKUs by 66% annually.
- Implemented three proofs of concept with augmented reality.
- Served as the scrum master for developing and employing a new system to request materials and services. Increased the administrative assistant team's productivity by 48% and improved access to information for the internal maintenance team.
Chief of Technology Office2016 - 2017GoEpik
Technologies: RESTful APIs, RESTful Development, REST, CTO, WebRTC, Airtable, Vuforia, Android, C#, Unity3D, REST APIs, Technical Leadership, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), POC, Mathematics
- Turned my startup GoEpik into the most attractive Brazilian startup by 2017 while I was the CTO by offering augmented reality for field maintenance. We were accelerated by Google and Plug and Play with an invitation to stay in Silicon Valley.
- Conceived and coded the first prototype to visually guide the user to record proofs of task completions with pictures and ease maintenance activities, such as inspection, cleaning, and lubrication. It was converted into sales for Natura and Renault.
- Conceived and coded the second prototype to connect an expert with a field technician through video conference, using an augmented reality platform with computer vision features such as adding markers, texts, and pictures in the field of view.
- Benchmarked similar products and competitors for marketing positioning, including SightCall, Microsoft HoloLens, and Scope AR.
Combat System Integration Engineer2013 - 2017Itaguai Construcoes Navais
Technologies: IP Networks, Windows, Wireshark, HP Quality Center (QC), Translation, Project Management, PeopleTools, Requirements, Digital Signal Processing, Technical Leadership
- Performed assembly and inspection specifications (AIS); setting-to-work (STW); factory acceptance tests (FAT); and integration, verification, validation, and qualification (IVVQ) activities.
- Participated in the transfer of technology at former DCNS premises for the combat system integration activities during on-the-job training (OJT) under the new Riachuelo class (derived from the French Scorpène) for the Brazilian submarine program.
- Translated technical documents from English and French to Portuguese.
Project and Commercial Manager2012 - 2013Mectron
Technologies: Office 95, Leadership, Team Leadership, Aeronautics, Simulations, Navigation, Sensor Fusion, Kalman Filtering, Inertial Navigation System, GPS, MATLAB, Simulink, C, C++, CMake, ARM, Project Management, PMBOK, Aerospace & Defense, Aerodynamics, Telemetry, Pricing, Contract, Business to Business (B2B), Physics Simulations, Controls, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), Sensor Data, GPSS, Digital Signal Processing, Technical Leadership, Interviewing
- Prospected a R$200,000 new contract for embedded software development from DCNS, a French Naval and Defense exporter, by working all the way from first cold contact with the client until the contract signature.
- Led engineers who were expatriated to France for software development on the client’s premises.
- Accumulated the responsibility for the contract prospected by me. Embedded software development for PLC under the PMI methodology to French clients.
- Reported my project progress to stakeholders, including the CEO, the new business director, and the French client DCNS.
- Finished the project within the deadline, and its profit was above expectations, from a loss to 10% positive.
- Wrote contracts, including pricing definitions and answers to requests for information and proposals (RFI/RFQ).
- Represented as an exhibitor in many international defense events, such as the Brazilian LAAD and IDEX in the United Arab Emirates.
Aerospace Engineer2007 - 2013Denel Dynamics
Technologies: Subversion (SVN), Visual Studio, C++, C, Cloud Data Fusion, Kalman Filtering, Inertial Navigation, Aeronautics, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), Aerospace & Defense, Aerodynamics, Autopilot, Controls, Navigation, ARM, Simulations, Hardware-In-The-Loop Simulation, Simulink, MATLAB, Estimators, Embedded C, Teamwork, Digital Signal Processing, Signal Processing, Mathematics
- Developed real-time data fusion for missiles and guided bombs: transfer alignment for initialization of inertial platform and aided navigation (GPS, BaroAltimeter, and aircraft INS).
- Validated the embedded code on hardware-in-the-loop simulation, embedded on ARM using C language, and analyzed flight test data by telemetry in the field at Air Force launching base.
- Increased the flight span duration from 1 to 10 minutes thanks to better navigation accuracy.
- Created a novel target tracking algorithm for missile employing extended Kalman filter by performing data fusion of passive target line-of-sight signals based on 6-states extended Kalman filter with design in MATLAB and embedded in C code.
- Automated code unit tests of in-house linear algebra and Kalman filter libraries.
- Simulated missiles subsystems including moving parts, hydraulic, external, and internal aerodynamics (subsonic and supersonic) on Simulink.
- Defined the technical specification of the inertial unit (gyroscope and accelerometer) for a long-range missile.
- Translated technical documents such as textbooks, papers, and technical reports from English to Portuguese.
Aerospace Engineer2007 - 2008Embraer
Technologies: Datcom, DOORS, Subversion (SVN), Simulink, MATLAB, Aerodynamics, Aeronautics, Aerospace & Defense, Propulsion, Teamwork, Simulations, Digital Signal Processing, Signal Processing, Mathematics
- Retrofitted the propulsion system for the F5-BR jet fighter and AMX (A-1M) jet bomber, including field tests with the airplane anchored to the ground and its turbine operating with afterburner on.
- Created a simulation of the Rolls-Royce Spey Mark 807 engine in MATLAB to support other departments such as aerodynamics.
- Managed propulsion system project requirements with DOORS software.