Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTPulse Secure
- Implemented a Python API and design.
- Created a JSON API design.
Full-Stack Software Engineer2013 - 2015Roovy, Inc.
Technologies: Pyramid, AngularJS, MySQL, Python
- Designed a RESTful API.
- Optimized database indexes and queries.
- Implemented web UI features.
- Developed back-end features with Python.
- Created an automated testing system.
- Set up a distributed auto-build (CI) system.
Co-Founder2011 - 2012FoodJing
- Won first place at Startup Weekend Taipei.
- Made use of NoSQL database technology (CouchCB).
- Supported online indexing and search for food items at local restaurants.
- Managed a virtual team of developers and designers.
- Developed a web server using Node.js.
Founder and CTO2007 - 2011Kashoo Inc.
- Implemented accounting software in GWT and Java.
- Implemented website and application analytics.
- Oversaw the user experience design.
- Ran business development projects.
- Managed a team of developers.
Enterprise Project Management Consultant2007 - 2008Western Principles
- Gathered customer requirements.
- Customized the MS Project Server installation.
- Customized the MS Project Portfolio Server 2007.
Software Engineer2006 - 2008Art & Logic, Inc.
- Implemented a customizable boating dashboard in Flash and ActionScript.
- Implemented a 3D DNA/RNA visualizer in Python and wxPython.
- Worked on software to support the use of a touch-sensitive whiteboard with a Mac.
- Installed PayPal payments support.
- Oversaw SQL database implementation.
- Interacted with XML-RPC web interfaces.
- Developed DHTML dynamic web user interfaces.
Programmer2005 - 2006Rockstar Games Vancouver
Technologies: Playstation, Lua, Python, C++
- Implemented incremental builds using SCons (a Python build system).
- Created auto-build and tests (continuous integration) for faster "broken build" detection.
- Fixed and improved a remote Lua debugger for live debugging and updating games.
- Built game features in C/C++, and Lua.
Senior Engineer2001 - 2004Binary42
Technologies: Java, C, C++
- Developed a client-server application protocol.
- Designed a Windows CIFS file sharing protocol.
- Implemented a WebDAV file sharing protocol.
- Administered and maintained Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows NT servers.
- Designed and prototyped a new programming language and platform-independent byte-code.
Software Engineer2000 - 2001Color Selector
Technologies: Delphi, C++
- Implemented color matching and mixing algorithms in Delphi and C++.
- Worked with designers to create a new UI.
- Coordinated with domain experts to analyze the application requirements and algorithms.
- Studied the science of color to design the appropriate algorithm.
- Created dozens of colored material samples to use as input for the color mixing and matching algorithms.
Software Engineer1999 - 2000Financial Models Co
Technologies: OpenStep, Solaris, Linux, SQL, C, Objective-C
- Implemented stock market data management and a visualization system.
- Developed client-server software.
- Implemented several stock market data parsers.
- Wrote and optimized SQL queries.
- Managed OpenStep and Solaris servers.