Verified Expert in Engineering
Computer Vision Developer
Eduard is a computer scientist from Germany with a passion for computer vision. He has extensive experience in the automotive sector as an ex-BMW, Hella, and Volkswagen self-driving car engineer. In London, UK, Eduard has developed and kickstarted Zappar's ZapBox: Mixed Reality for $30 project.
OS X, Sublime Text 3, Jupyter, Xcode
The most amazing...
...product I've kickstarted is a $30 mixed reality headset called ZapBox. It's a low-barrier solution for room-scale MR experiences based on Zappar's platform.
Hella Aglaia Mobile Vision GmbH
- Researched and developed 3D object detection methods with deep learning for LiDAR point clouds.
- Worked on a multi-camera and LiDAR fusion approach for object detection from prototype to production. Grew the team from one to five members.
- Supervised a master thesis student on dynamic occupancy grid mapping with particle filter using radar data. Led to a joint publication.
Computer Vision Research Contractor
- Developed a novel pattern and detection method. Created fast, robust, and precise localization methods for marker-based augmented reality at a room scale. Helped kickstart the new ZapBox mixed reality headset product and its production.
- Developed a visual search index for research and development (R&D) purposes.
- Developed a novel pattern detection method and OCR classifier for mobile phone research and development (R&D).
Back-end Mapping Specialist
- Analyzed 35,000 satellite images for image quality problems, including stitching quality, to guide the second product release risk assessment. After selling a million books and getting Google ventures on board, this was the company's second product.
- Developed a reactive web labeling tool for satellite images.
- Invited a team of undergraduate students to label 35,000 satellite images and obtain a week-long internship.
Image Processing Engineer
- Pivoted the company strategy by developing a dermoscopic mole segmentation method. This was the foundation of the company's rescue funding of £500,000 after running into startup cash-flow issues.
- Completed a government research grant worth £100,000 and focused on full-body mole screening.
- Supported the computer vision team, which developed a dry-skin beauty classifier and mobile application.
Master Thesis Student
- Developed a massively parallel particle filter and evaluated the classifier performance regarding occupancy grid mapping and static or dynamic classification.
- Researched a novel particle filter approach and facilitated better understanding and evaluation of such method inside the R&D group, which led to new publications.
- Combined the particle filter approach with Dempster-Shafer grids, which led to the publication of a new IEEE paper.
ZapBox: Mixed Reality Kit for $30 by Zapparhttps://www.zappar.com/zapbox
TensorFlow, PCL, OpenCV, Keras, PyTorch, OpenGL, Node.js
Sublime Text 3, Xcode, Visual Studio, Visual Studio 2010, MATLAB, Jupyter, MATLAB Statistics & Machine Learning Toolbox
Data Science, Agile, Scrum
OS X, iOS, Docker, NVIDIA CUDA, Windows, Jupyter Notebook, Ubuntu, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Computer Vision, Machine Learning, 3D Reconstruction, Bayesian Inference & Modeling, Robotics, Self-driving Cars, Deep Learning, Object Detection, Tracking, Bundle Adjustment, Structure from Motion (SfM), Simultaneous Localization & Mapping (SLAM), OCR, Image Segmentation, Image Classification, Image Stitching, Sensor Fusion, LiDAR, Calibration, Epipolar Geometry, Bayesian Statistics, Augmented Reality (AR), Algebra, Matrix Algebra, Linear Algebra, Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Image Processing, Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), 3D Geometric Analysis, Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), Mobile Vision, GPU Computing
Master's Degree in Computer Science
RWTH Aachen University - Aachen, Germany
Deep Learning Foundation