Senior Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTResy Network, Inc.
Technologies: Python, MySQL, AWS Lambda, S3, SQS
- Developed a tool that successfully migrated data after I was acqui-hired from Reserve Media (defunct). Migration consisted of 2 million guest profiles, 22 million reservations, and 700 venue floorplans.
- Allowed Resy to publish paid inventory to Google to allow diners to book reservations (via Google) that required credit card information.
- Wrote several tools (e.g. Slack bots) that can be used by project managers and non-technical support team to debug issues and retrieve information quickly.
Software Engineer2013 - 2017FactSet Research Systems
Technologies: Perl, SQL, Bash
- Developed a dashboard-style web page (using NodeJS and Angular) to monitor nightly jobs and system resources to gain a better understanding of process runtime and data growth rate.
- Rewrote portions of the nightly Perl-based data load process to make it leaner and easier to test changes. Also added features and fixed bugs as requested by stakeholders.
- Developed portions of a read-only API that allows frontend applications and other stakeholders to retrieve data from the ownership (security holdings) dataset.
- Established team-wide best practices and wrote several scripts to automate on-boarding and mentored newly hired engineers.
- Educated product managers and research assistants on how to generate reports using SQL and Excel by holding quarterly SQL workshops.
Programmer Analyst2011 - 2013New York University
Technologies: .NET, C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET, MVC, PHP
- Developed modules using the .NET framework for an internal building management system that is used to track space usage across all of the university's campuses and buildings.
- Enhanced a capital project management system (written in PHP and Microsoft SQL Server) by adding several dynamic and exportable reports for project managers and fiscal officers.
- Automated invoice aggregation and EDI generation for accounts payable by modifying an application that ran as a Windows service.
- Wrote PHP scripts and SQL Server stored procedures to reconcile purchase order information with the university’s purchasing system.