Verified Expert in Engineering
Emilio is a tech lead with a strong educational background and extensive experience in the fintech industry. He's proficient in leading teams in implementing innovative financial solutions. He's skilled in technologies such as TypeScript, Python, and Java. He effectively collaborates among cross-functional teams, delivering projects from core banking integrations to blockchain solutions. Emilio loves contributing to open-source software and is proficient in microservices and distributed systems.
Agile Software Development
The most amazing...
...team I have ever led delivered three highly complex, business critical projects within one year.
Have Technology GmbH
- Led a team of four developers in the integration of a 3rd-party core banking system, a payment gateway for the SEPA network, and a virtual debit card issuance platform.
- Designed and implemented internal microservices and a GraphQL gateway for an in-house mobile app, with a focus on high availability, throughput, and fault tolerance.
- Collaborated with developers, product owners, and business stakeholders in the delivery of features, including accounts, subaccounts, internal transfers, SEPA transfers, and card functionality within the Banking and Payments Squad.
- Led a team of six engineers in extending and maintaining non-custodial wallets for Bitcoin and Ethereum, in addition to integrating a core banking system, facilitating SEPA payments, and processing debit card payments.
- Carried out a comprehensive restructuring of our release process, implementing a release train approach across our back end, web application, and React Native app. This led to a significant increase in the frequency and quality of our releases.
- Delivered three key projects in the span of a year, unblocking the release of Ethereum wallets and ensuring compliance with regulatory timelines.
Senior Software Engineer
- Co-led the design and implementation of Money Button, a user-friendly cryptocurrency wallet and a digital currency payments system that leverages blockchain technology to simplify the development of eCommerce websites and content applications.
- Developed and maintained Yours.org, a content platform where users can earn money by creating and discovering good content. Built several key features like content search and a notifications system.
- Implemented Money Button as a microservice-based architecture, including a web application, a REST API, and a blockchain monitor, among other services.
- Participated in the hiring process by searching for talented candidates and performing interviews, often involving live coding exercises.
- Organized a multi-project repository scheme based on Lerna, allowing several open- and closed-source projects to interact effortlessly during development.
- Implemented Money Button's authorization and authentication system based on the OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework.
Software Developer (Consultant)
- Developed an automatic documentation generation tool for Solidity, the programming language for writing smart contracts on the Ethereum platform.
- Created the API documentation website for OpenZeppelin - the open-source framework to build secure smart contracts by Zeppelin.
- Contributed to the Solidity compiler open-source project on GitHub.
Associate Software Engineer
- Wrote and optimized algorithms for computing data transformation primitives on GCP's Dataflow engine for parallel data processing.
- Developed a time scheduling microservice based on Java Quartz, designed for high availability and resilience.
- Integrated Google's BigQuery large-scale data warehouse into the product, spanning multiple back-end services (Node.js, Java, Python) and the platform's web application interface (front end and back end).
Max Planck Institute for Informatics
- Built a Java tool for exporting Wikipedia's full edit history XML dumps (over 10TB uncompressed) into Avro format.
- Extracted the full link structure of over 37 million pages and more than 640 million revisions in Wikipedia's edit history.
- Wrote a data processing pipeline for Apache Spark SQL engine to compute Jaccard-type semantic relatedness scores between pages and various page popularity metrics.
Software Engineering Intern
- Wrote a FlumeJava distributed processing pipeline for detecting book series from messy or incomplete book metadata.
- Set up automatic deployment for the developed pipeline using Borg for daily extraction.
- Executed the extraction of the data provided by major book partners yielding over 1,500 book series.
Freelance Software Engineer
Data Extraction Freelance Projects
- Created a stand-alone tool for continuous, high-performance web data extraction jobs. Written in PHP and multiple cURL requests for leveraging multiple asynchronous requests, the tool harvested millions of entries per day, producing a MySQL database as output.
- Developed multiple customized web crawlers using Python's Scrapy framework. Later deployed to the cloud for autonomous periodic execution.
- Delivered extraction jobs across different industries for several clients.
- Developed and maintained CRUD applications with a standardized development process.
- Launched a PHP continuous integration server based on Jenkins CI.
- Wrote automated end-to-end tests with Selenium IDE.
BchAddr.js: Bitcoin Cash General Purpose Address Translation for Node.js and Web Browsershttps://www.npmjs.com/package/bchaddrjs
CashAddr.js: The New Bitcoin Cash Address Format for Node.js and Web Browsershttps://www.npmjs.com/package/cashaddrjs
solidity-docgen: Solidity Documentation Generatorhttps://github.com/OpenZeppelin/solidity-docgen
Google Cloud Dataprephttps://cloud.google.com/dataprep/
At Trifacta, I worked as part of the team involved in rearchitecting Trifacta's data preparation product into a microservice-based architecture fit for integration into the Google Cloud Platform.
My contributions to this project included implementing and optimizing data transformation operations as data-parallel primitives on Dataflow, Google Cloud's distributed computing engine. I was also responsible for the integration of BigQuery—Google's serverless, highly scalable, low-cost enterprise data warehouse—as a data source on Dataprep.
Algorithmic Problem-solving Competitionshttps://github.com/ealmansi/misc-programming-problems
For this competition, candidates must train themselves to master advanced data structures and algorithms and the skill of coding bug-free programs under pressure and tight time constraints. The attached code sample is a solution I wrote for a competitive programming problem from the Sphere Online Judge (SPOJ).
Note: The code is optimized for execution speed and minimizing coding time as is required in such competitions, not legibility.
Express.js, NestJS, Next.js, Redux
Node.js, API Development, REST APIs, React
Git, GitHub, Amazon Cognito
Agile Software Development, Scrum, Microservices Architecture
JSON, PostgreSQL, Database Architecture, MySQL, MongoDB, Google Cloud
API Design, APIs, Software Architecture, Back-end, Technical Leadership, Data Structures, Algorithms, Full-stack, CI/CD Pipelines, Front-end, GitHub Actions, Cryptocurrency, Cryptocurrency Wallets, Ethereum Smart Contracts, Web Scraping, RPC, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Open Source, Bitcoin
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, AWS Lambda, Kubernetes, Blockchain, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash
Licentiate in Computer Science
University of Buenos Aires - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Analyst Degree in Computer Science
University of Buenos Aires - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Java SE 7 Programmer I