Sr. Software Engineer2018 - 2018Yours Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Lerna, AWS, Docker, Bitcoin, Blockchain, Rollup.js, Bookshelf.js, Next.js, React, Express.js, Node.js, PostgreSQL
- Co-lead the design and implementation of Money Button , a user-friendly cryptocurrency wallet and a digital currency payments system that leverages blockchain technology to simplify the development of e-commerce websites and content applications.
- Developed and maintained Yours.org , a content platform where users can earn money by creating and discovering good content. Built several key features like content search and a notifications system.
- Implemented Money Button as a microservice-based architecture including a web application, a REST API, a blockchain monitor, among other services.
- Participated in the hiring process by searching for talented candidates and performing interviews, often involving live coding exercises.
- Organized a multi-project repository scheme based on Lerna, allowing several open- and closed-source projects to interact effortlessly during development.
- Implemented Money Button's authorization and authentication system based on the OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework.
Software Developer (Consultant)2018 - 2018Zeppelin Solutions
- Developed an automatic documentation generation tool for Solidity, the programming language for writing smart contracts on the Ethereum platform.
- Created the API documentation website for OpenZeppelin - the open-source framework to build secure smart contracts by Zeppelin.
- Contributed to the Solidity compiler open-source project on Github.
Associate Software Engineer2016 - 2017Trifacta Inc.
Technologies: BigQuery, Google, Google Cloud Storage, Docker, C++, Python, Java, Node.js
- Wrote and optimized algorithms for computing data transformation primitives on GCP’s Dataflow engine for parallel data processing.
- Developed a time scheduling microservice based on Java Quartz, designed for high availability and resilience.
- Integrated Google’s BigQuery large-scale data warehouse into the product, spanning multiple back-end services (Node.js, Java, Python) and the platform’s web application interface (front-end and back-end).
Research Intern2015 - 2016Max Planck Institute for Informatics
Technologies: Parquet, Apache Avro, Apache Pig, Spark SQL, MapReduce, HDFS, Scala, Java
- Built a Java tool for exporting Wikipedia’s full edit history XML dumps (+10TB uncompressed) into Avro format.
- Extracted the full link structure of all +37M pages and +640M revisions in Wikipedia’s edit history.
- Wrote a data processing pipeline for Apache Spark SQL engine to compute Jaccard-type semantic relatedness scores between pages and various page popularity metrics.
Software Engineering Intern2015 - 2015
Technologies: BORG, FlumeJava, Guice, Java, Blaze
- Wrote a FlumeJava distributed processing pipeline for detecting book series from messy or incomplete book metadata.
- Set up automatic deployment for the developed pipeline using Borg for daily extraction.
- Executed extraction on data provided by major book partners yielding +1500 book series.
Freelance Software Engineer2013 - 2014Data Extraction Freelance Projects
Technologies: Scrapy, Python, MySQL, PHP
- Created a stand-alone tool for continuous, high-performance web data extraction jobs. Written in PHP and multi-cURL for leveraging multiple asynchronous requests, the tool harvested millions of entries per day producing a MySQL database as output.
- Developed multiple customized web crawlers using Python's Scrapy Framework, later deployed to the cloud for autonomous periodic execution.
Web Developer2012 - 2012Artfos SA
- Developed and maintained CRUD applications with a standardized development process.
- Launched a PHP continuous integration server based on JenkinsCI.
- Wrote automated end-to-end tests with Selenium IDE.