Senior DevOps Engineer2022 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: DevOps, Bash, IP Networks, Ubuntu, Python, Linux, IT Infrastructure, Proxies, Prometheus, Grafana, PostgreSQL, GitLab, GitFlow
- Implemented continuous integration and continuous deployment and delivery (CI/CD) in GitLab for a Go application.
- Researched, recommended, and documented an appropriate Git Workflow Strategy for the company between Git Flow, GitHub Flow, and GitLab Flow. My recommendation was presented, discussed, and adopted with minimal disruption and no resistance.
- Created a CI/CD pipeline for a React and React Native SDK to build and publish to an npm organizational account.
- Installed Prometheus for infrastructure and database metrics collection to aid business needs. Secured and documented the installation steps. Installed and secured Grafana to visualize the metrics collected.
- Managed proxies and networks across multiple virtual environments.
- Promoted and taught good design patterns, inspiring clean and neat architecture.
- Implemented continuous integration and continuous deployment and delivery (CI/CD) with rollback support in GitLab for a monorepo with three different applications. The pipeline only ran when changes were reflected in the specific codebase folder.
Co-founder | Cloud Security Engineer2018 - PRESENTHepta Analytics
Technologies: PHP, Apache2, Linux, AWS, Azure, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS EC2, VirtualBox, Kubernetes, OpenVPN, Networking, Office 365, Mail Servers, Python, Classic ASP, Apache, Information Security, Cloud Security, VPN, Cloud Architecture, AWS Cloud Architecture, Role-based Access Control (RBAC), Azure Active Directory, Azure Key Vault, Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps Engineer, DevSecOps, Networks, IP Networks, DevOps, Azure DevOps, Docker, Ansible, IT Security, Security
- Co-founded the company, served as a director, led the IT infrastructure team of three, and led client engagements to define and deliver solutions.
- Migrated and rebuilt 24 production VMware virtual machine applications for a client and set up a Kubernetes cluster in a hybrid cloud setup with minimal downtime for consumers. Set up secure remote access and connectivity between sites.
- Migrated and maintained a Microsoft stack (IIS connected to SQL Server 2008 with multiple subdomains) from a local VM to Azure (App Services with managed databases). Set up a DevSecOps pipeline for the client with GitHub and swaps.
- Investigated and responded to a downtime incident at a client's colocation facility. Migrated workloads to the cloud to mitigate the impact and wrote and presented an incident report, which led to the award of damages to my client.
- Set up private email hosting on the client domain for two dozen mailboxes. Migrated six existing Office 365 user email addresses to the new email hosting setup. Designed an email security gateway solution to support the multiple cloud solution.
- Identified potential risks to continued operations of processes at a client's site. The risk assessment phase involved quantifying the risks and identifying mitigation controls following an identification exercise at the manufacturing plant outlets.
- Developed a sturdy Android application that is able to cope within the complex internet connectivity environment to receive audio reports. Deployed a secure dashboard to view, organize, manage, and process case reports.
- Brainstormed a potential fintech solution for a client and advised on potential challenges and workarounds. Developed and deployed Android mockup code to demonstrate an initially intended functionality.
DevOps Engineer2022 - 2022Freelance
Technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, Nginx, MySQL, MariaDB, DevOps, DevSecOps, Azure Functions, Azure Synapse, Kubernetes Storage, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure Files, Azure Storage, Azure Architecture, Kubernetes HPA, Azure Container Instances, Azure Container Registry, Azure Data Factory, Azure Database for MySQL, Azure Synapse Analytics
- Resolved a burst traffic issue on an Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) cluster using a HorizontalPodAutoscaler (HPA) and a Cluster Autoscaler.
- Researched and recommended an appropriate cloud-native data volume for Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) that supports concurrent access across multiple pods and horizontal scalability.
- Architected a cloud-native infrastructure with the Web-Queue-Worker style for a new scalable, secure, resilient, and highly available application, which supports multi-tenant clients.
- Deployed a Web-Queue-Worker sample infrastructure architecture and demonstrated how the client would transition into a big data architecture using Azure Synapse Analytics and other tools.
Security Trainer2019 - 2022e.KRAAL Innovation Hub
Technologies: Training, Azure, AWS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ansible, IT Security, Security
- Taught the National Cybersecurity Training Program (NCSTP) third cohort of 20 trainees on cloud security, featuring 30+ hours of live, practical content, and nine practical labs on Azure, delivered over five days.
- Taught the NCSTP first cohort of 40 trainees on critical information infrastructure protection (CIIP), featuring 24+ hours of live, practical content, and five practical labs on AWS, delivered over four days.
- Received overwhelmingly positive reviews for each training performed.
LinkedIn Learning Instructor2021 - 2021
Technologies: Fintech, Information Security, Cybersecurity, AWS VPC, AWS S3, AWS DMS, AWS EC2, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS S2S VPN, AWS VPN, OpenVPN, AWS RDS, AWS WAF, Sentry, AWS API Gateway, AWS Fraud Detector, AWS Secrets Manager, Ansible, AWS Auto Scaling
- Planned a cybersecurity course on fintech security essentials.
- Wrote scripts for a cybersecurity course on fintech security essentials.
- Recorded a cybersecurity course on fintech security essentials.
Systems Developer2015 - 2016Nature Surf Systems
Technologies: PHP, Android, MySQL, Reverse Engineering, Apache2, Nginx, Apache, Information Security, Java
- Designed and deployed bespoke IT infrastructure focused on security. This included wildcard SSL certificates, strong SSL cipher suites, reverse proxies and load balancers, remote access VPNs, and site-to-site VPNs.
- Led the development team to release a new feature every week for two months straight.
- Reduced an Android application size from 1MB to 40KB by creating a lite, minified version capable of running on entry-level smartphones.
Graduate Management Trainee2015 - 2015Presidential Digital Talent Program
Technologies: Policy Review, Web App Design, Leadership, Team Leadership
- Updated the immigration department's information security policy.
- Reviewed the interior ministry's website and made recommendations for its redesign.
- Led the entire team of 100 management trainees as their appointed representative.