Senior Software Engineering Consultant2012 - 2018I.S. Consulting
Technologies: Groovy, KeyCloak, AngularJS, Kubernetes, OpenShift, WildFly, PostgreSQL, GWT, Hibernate, JPA, Spring, EJB, SQL, Java
- Built a large enterprise application using Java, Postgres, and GWT from prototyping through maintenance. Made design and architectural decisions and provided guidance and code reviews for several offshore teams.
- Facilitated a large migration into a cloud architecture by building REST-based microservices with Java8, Spring Boot, Redis, and RabbitMQ. Created templates and scripts for automatic building and deployment of services and applications into an OpenShift/Kubernetes cluster.
- Implemented single sign-on with Keycloak and LDAP to function across multiple applications using Spring Security and OpenID. Authentication of REST endpoints utilized the same mechanism but created JWT bearer tokens.
- Performed performance analysis and optimization of Java and SQL code to improve overall responsiveness of the application, especially for an event-sourced data structure. Created documentation and guidelines for other developers to use for performance tuning and analysis.
- Created an android application for receiving payments and streaming advertisements on a tablet deployed into taxi cabs. Application interfaced with both a REST-based data service and the taxi-meter.
Senior Software Engineer2006 - 2007OpenLogic
Technologies: Bash, Sh, Groovy, Java
- Built testing and installation scripts for various collections of different open source projects. The scripts would configure different applications to work together so users could install a whole technology stack together.
- Updated Swing-based Java user interface for displaying and manipulating current installed software stacks.
Senior Software Engineer2001 - 2005Computer Research Inc.
Technologies: WebSphere, IBM DB2, Solaris, AS/400, SOAP, JSP, HTML, Python, Java
- Designed, implemented, documented and deployed a Java/JSP based web application for conducting online purchases of municipal bonds. Interfaced with legacy COBOL code and DB2 databases. Application handled multi-million-dollar transactions securely.
- Designed and implemented a system for handling Orders and Order Allocation requests from a FIX (Financial Information eXchange) data sources and interfacing with legacy COBOL applications. The application was a combination of Java and Python code, utilized raw socket programming, and was deployed to both Sparc/Solaris and Linux environments.
- Collaborated with developers on a project for handling high volumes of financial purchase orders via SOAP web services. Utilized Java, Customized Ant tasks, XML, XML-Schema, FIXML, Axis 1.1, JBoss, Apache, Linux.
- Primary system admin for five production Linux systems and one Sparc/Solaris. Also set up and acted as administrator for our internal CVS Repository. Designed and documented source repository branching and merging strategies.
- Mentored junior developers and led them on a project using screen-scraping technology to interface modern web applications with legacy COBOL applications.
- Worked closely with the QA department to develop, document and implement Release Management for projects, which required multiple components in different languages (e.g. Cobol, Java, and Jython).
Technical Team Lead1999 - 2001Exactis.com
Technologies: Solaris, Linux, LDAP, Oracle, JSP, Swing, Java
- Led a team of developers working with Swing, JSP, and Java-RMI to develop sophisticated user interfaces for content management.
- Spearheaded effort to bring Test-First techniques to the development team and to provide infrastructure for running automated tests.
- Worked on R&D team to find newer and faster templating tools for building high-volume email mailings.
- Supported QA and Perl development teams to interface with Java and Linux based products.
Software Engineer1996 - 1999I.T.I.C.
Technologies: SQL, HTML, C++, Delphi, Java
- Developed client/server applications and 3-tiered applications for Windows with Delphi, MS SQL Server, and Paradox databases.
- Contributed to a large, multi-threaded C++ application for handling huge collections of scanned images.
- Performed network and email server maintenance for the company.
- Built audio capture application for recording voice content in high-fidelity, then encoding and sending the audio files via email.
- Created reusable authenication and authorization framework for Delphi applications allowing for enabling, disabling, or hiding screen components dynamically.