Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Scientist and Developer
Ernesto is a business intelligence professional with more than 15 years in the field. With his expertise in data warehousing, Amazon Redshift, MS SQL Server, ETL (SSIS), Tableau Desktop, and Tableau Server, he helps companies integrate and organize data from multiple sources to be used for reporting and analysis. His attention to detail, strategic thinking, and expertise make him a highly qualified individual for various projects.
Tableau Desktop Pro, Tableau Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server, Redshift, Jira, Agile, Bitbucket
The most amazing...
...thing I've built and managed was the entire data lifecycle of Luxury Retreats, from data acquisition, cleansing, integration, and data warehousing.
Director of Analytics
- Created Tableau Dashboards to provide visibility for the Retail team and maintained legacy Power BI reports.
- Worked on analytics studies to provide insights aimed at increasing efficiencies and revenue.
- Partnered with data engineering to build pipelines and process automation.
- Provided data support to all the retail business lines, specifically merchandising, supply chains, operation, and brand curation.
Senior Business Analyst
Zoetis - Main
- Developed complex Tableau dashboards to provide visibility to some of the business units.
- Compiled requirements from business users and translated them into interactive visualizations.
- Presented the results to a business audience with excellent feedback.
Senior Business Analyst
- Conducted a lost customer analysis for the Diagnostics BU, where I provided lots of new insights.
- Created a dashboard with a super complex set of requirements.
- Created a framework to give Tableau permissions for new diagnostics users.
- Played an integral role during the biggest data migration ever performed at Airbnb. It included building new data sources, integration to Airbnb infrastructure, data cleansing, and setting up a new Tableau Server.
- Developed Airbnb-certified metrics using an internal framework.
- Trained 100 people in SQL, Tableau, and Airbnb data infrastructure as part of Airbnb Data University.
Business Intelligence Director
Luxury Retreats International
- Modeled a data warehouse using MS SQL Server applications.
- Played a key role to position the BI department as the hub of knowledge and data that provides meaningful insights that drive more-informed decisions across the organization.
- Integrated data from multiple sources to a single data warehouse.
- Designed regulatory reports and templates (Y12, non-consolidated reporting, FR-Y11, FR-2314) using Clarity Visualization Tool.
- Designed BI applications by building cubes in Oracle Essbase.
- Designed reports using Microsoft Reporting Services, T-SQL, MXL, and MDX.
Airbnb Biggest Data Migration
LR Data Warehouse
Fed Reporting at Morgan Stanley
Connectivity Data Mart
Data Analysis for a Montreal School
Tableau, Google Sheets, Tableau Desktop Pro, Apache Airflow, Microsoft Power BI, Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Microsoft Power Apps
Business Intelligence (BI), Database Design, ETL, ETL Implementation & Design, Agile
SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Database Modeling, Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, Database Architecture, Redshift, Apache Hive, Essbase
Dashboards, Data Visualization, Data Analysis, Data Analytics, Business, Business Administration, Data Warehousing, Data Warehouse Design, ETL Development, Finance, Tableau Server, Documentation, Data Engineering, Google Data Studio
Excel VBA, SQL
Master's Degree in Business Administration
Univesidad del CEMA - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Universidad Tecnológica Nacional - Buenos Aires, Argentina
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring