Verified Expert in Engineering
Git, Sublime Text, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a complex AngularJS form powered by a robust data model running on Node.js that I'm currently in the process of porting to ES6.
Contract iOS Developer/Web Developer
- Built a state-of-the-art website including custom parallax scrolling with jQuery to engage and entertain visitors.
- Used advanced CSS3 techniques to create eye-catching transitions between embedded videos.
- Integrated optimized SoundCloud API calls into the iOS app.
- Overhauled the tutorial and in-app gallery for their music-sharing iOS app.
- Upgraded oAuth authentication in their social networking music-sharing iOS app.
Contract Front-end Developer/iOS Developer
Wide Open Technologies
- Built out a large WordPress site utilizing advanced CSS techniques like Flexbox, plus numerous jQuery-based UI elements.
- Built a powerful filtering interface for video-editing software using Backbone.js.
- Overhauled an iOS app with a beautiful new iOS 7-inspired interface and additional functionality.
- Maintained the web app of a slick, full-featured todo list app using CoffeeScript and Backbone.js.
- Added new features to a RESTful Ruby on Rails API.
Contract Web Developer
- Developed an administrative interface for their iPad-based loyalty program using Ruby on Rails and jQuery.
- Developed a CMS using Backbone.js and CakePHP for a mobile-first surfing magazine.
- Built a complex, interdependent series of forms for a self-improvement workshop series using Gravity Forms in WordPress.
- Built over 30 websites from Photoshop comps using clean, semantic HTML and CSS.
- Managed development of a collection of eCommerce sites and developed modules providing functionality ranging from single-page checkout to advanced usage tracking.
Contract Software Engineer
- Switched their math-intensive gradebook to a client-driven AJAX model.
- Integrated Pusher for real-time synchronization of background jobs like PDF generation.
- Optimized messaging queue to display correct notifications for deep comment threads.
- Implemented functionality to clone complex data models, among other administrative tasks.
- Streamlined registration process with invite tokens for various user roles.
- Developed a responsive, modular header for their suite of news sites.
- Implemented real-time commenting on the sports page using activity streams.
- Deployed code to Akamai across all sites, serving 45 million users per month.
- Conducted extensive research into Modernizr and other polyfill solutions.
- Built a responsive page that emphasized news content for their entire platform.
- Built a 3-site "competency toolbox" for a human resources firm using extensive jQuery UI and CodeIgniter.
- Built a personnel management app in Adobe AIR with jQuery.
- Built a prototype for a single-page AJAX-based web app to promote awareness of congressional voting records.
- Revamped the company website with a new slideshow to demo their new portfolio pieces.
- Developed a .NET API in C# to power a classroom attendance-tracking iPhone app.
EScope Chrome Extension
EScope Data Visualizationhttp://www.eyeonelections.com/new-data-visualization/
Institute for Sustainable Infrastructurehttp://sustainableinfrastructure.org/
AngularJS Zilyo Demo
Cheddar Web App
The Story Studiohttps://thestorystudio.org/
jQuery, Google Maps, Backbone.js, Node.js, Pusher, Modernizr, CocoaPods, Parallax
Git, Adobe Photoshop, Karma, NPM, Bower, Subversion (SVN), Gulp, Grunt, Sketch, Sublime Text 2, Sublime Text, Adobe AIR, Mongoose
Prototype-based OOP, Agile Software Development, Functional Programming
Linux, WordPress, iOS, MacOS
PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
CodeIgniter, Jasmine, AngularJS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), AFNetworking, .NET, CakePHP
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of California, Santa Cruz - Santa Cruz, CA