Senior Java Developer2018 - 2018Ernst & Young
Technologies: Java, Docker, Spring Security, PostgreSQL, Spring Data
- Contributed to a three-month long project with the purpose of providing secure storage of files for client applications.
- Implemented Spring Security to authenticate users via SSO and basic authentication.
- Stored the file metadata using Spring Data initially transitioning to MySQL then moving to PostgreSQL.
- Refactored the source code to bring it up to standards.
- Implemented new endpoints and made adjustments to existing REST endpoints.
- Tested using both unit tests and JMeter for performance assessment.
Chief Java Architect2017 - 2018Optiva
Technologies: Java, Web Services, Git
- Troubleshot and fixed the most difficult issues.
- Carefully designed and implemented code changes to the applications following the latest code-quality recommendations.
- Built a root cause analysis for production crashes and issues with slowness, including heap dump, garbage collector logs. thread dump and log analysis, and VM tuning.
- Created solution architectures, algorithms, and designs for solutions that scale to the customer's enterprise/global requirements.
- Developed my expertise in one or more of the customer's proprietary enterprise software products.
Senior Java Developer2014 - 2017PrestoSports
Technologies: Java, Spring, JSP, JSTL, GWT, Hibernate (MySQL), jQuery, Bootstrap, CSS, HTML5, Velocity, Jira, Eclipse, Git
- Built a Java web system responsible for the collection of data about collegiate sports teams in the US and Canada.
- Developed new features such as a user interface to allow users to automatically watch sports seasons into the next year.
- Addressed existing bugs (not merely fixing the bug itself but finding the root cause and applying the definitive fix).
- Fixed critical production issues.
- Contributed to peer reviews and solution-brainstorming meetings for my team and other teams as well.
- Refactored code to address new needs; for instance, an overhaul of several system modules to be able to upgrade the TinyMCE framework to the latest version. This included how to process and sanitize embedded videos (both hosted and from YouTube), spell checking modules, and more.
Java Support Engineer2013 - 2014IBM
Technologies: Java, Shell Scripts
- Created usage and health reports based on various log files using shell scripts and Java for a large (20,000+ users) project-management system.
- Monitored system health by checking RAM, CPU, and disk usage.
- Took part in the deployment processes executing all the Linux and database steps and ensuring that the other professionals did their part on time according to the overall plan.
- Offered system health and production feedback to the main development team so that they could improve the application.
Senior Java Developer | Team Leader2012 - 2013Freelance Work (Various Clients)
- Developed Java back-end systems for the Malaysian government responsible for the provision of various permits.
- Recruited professionals to complete various website-building projects.
- Managed professionals related to project website building–including features to a website, a whole website redesign, translations, and more.
- Developed an onboarding wizard that allowed a company to record information and images of new customers into their system.
- Conducted code peer reviews of junior colleagues.
Project Manager2011 - 2011TAM
Technologies: MS Project, Amadeus
- Managed TAM's (the largest Brazilian airline) back-end systems in the travel industry. These systems are connected to Amadeus (one of the largest tourism software companies out there, responsible for all the inner workings of flight bookings and beyond) and other third-party payment systems.
- Ensured that the projects were delivered on time.
- Communicated with all the teams at TAM, Amadeus, and third party contractors.
- Produced project plans and updated them accordingly.
- Provided daily status reports to upper management.
Project Manager2010 - 2011CPMBraxis (via Bradesco Bank)
Technologies: MS Project, Java, COBOL
- Managed a team of 15 analysts and developers working on six projects using Java and mainframe (COBOL) technologies for the banking industry.
- Interviewed candidates.
- Updated MS Project files according to the latest changes in the project execution.
- Took part in requirements gathering and clarification meetings.
- Mentored professionals.
- Acted as a mediator during conflicts.
Support Analyst Level 22009 - 2010Dell
- Led and managed bridge conferences towards a quick resolution of high severity issues–such as when Dell.com's website went down. This did not include doing the technical steps. It was actually about recruiting to the call all the necessary human resources (DBAs, network experts, developers, business people, and more) and drive the call until the issue was resolved. During the call, I provided quick status updates to any senior manager or director joining the call who requested it. This made up of 70% of my daily schedule.
- Updated the documentation and executed a root cause analysis afterwards.
- Drove the resolution of lower severity issues including being the point of contact between business areas and the development teams–taking full responsibility for the issue until it got resolved.
- Produced trend analyses of the production incidents to provide feedback to development teams.
- Trained professionals on the applications involved in the online store.
Team Leader2007 - 2008Compasso (via Sicredi Bank)
Technologies: Oracle ODI, PMBOK
- Managed a team of business analysts, technical analysts, and developers on integration projects between the legacy ERP and the new ERP using Oracle ODI.
- Worked as an interpreter between the subject matter experts from the Indian ERP company and the local analysts that only spoke Portuguese.
- Distributed tasks to the analysts and developers.
- Led daily standup meetings.
Team Leader2006 - 2007CPMBraxis (via Deutsche Bank)
Technologies: Sybase, SQL Server, Oracle, PowerBuilder, Visual Basic, Unix Scripts, Visual Source Safe, Java
- Led a team working on auditing/reporting Deutsche Bank UK projects. I also responsible for providing third level support to an auditing application which ensured that the data produced by a number of applications was correct.
- Reported status updates to the upper management weekly.
- Mentored professionals.
- Implemented pre-sales processes.
- Interviewed candidates.
Senior Java Developer2004 - 2005Dell
Technologies: Java, J2EE, JSP, Oracle, CA Harvest
- Worked as a Java developer on the application responsible for communication with vendors on the software and peripherals store at Dell.com.
- Wrote modules to produce sales reports.
- Built XML parsing modules necessary to provide further features to the vendors that had their own ERPs connecting to our application.
- Worked on requirement clarification processes with the US team.
- Helped improve the logging of the application.
Java and COBOL Developer2001 - 2004CPM Braxis Capgemini (via Bradesco Bank)
Technologies: Java J2EE, COBOL, IMS, TELON, IBM Db2, Eclipse, Tomcat, CVS
- Developed COBOL modules for the banking industry. These modules ranged from reports to data processing modules that would read data from either text files or Db2 databases and produce output files with the updated data.
- Developed servlets that interacted with the COBOL modules and displayed data in JSPs.
- Tested the integrations between the COBOL and Java parts of the framework.
- Conducted software peer reviews of my colleagues.
- Helped setup version control.