Senior Software Developer and Testing Engineer2018 - 2020Mapillary
Technologies: GitHub, Git, Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Appium, Gherkin, Selenium, Behave, Docker, Python
- Oversaw the automatic deployment through CI/CD pipelines of the 100+ Mapillary microservices.
- Monitored and supported CI/CD pipelines for all Mapillary repositories.
- Updated and improved Jenkins stages written in Groovy for CI/CD and created and maintained a Jenkins agent (images) to support those Jenkins stages.
- Deployed multiple successful app releases over different OS platforms and form factors.
- Automated tests in Python for new features in the Mapillary web page, Mapillary desktop apps (MAC, Windows and Linux), and Mapillary mobile apps (Android and iOS).
- Tracked bugs using GitHub as a tracking tool. Improved the Mapillary test framework and a Python library to make integration and system tests easy to extend by every developer.
- Implemented and adopted a common developer-friendly testing environment based on the Docker Swarm platform, for all Mapillary services.
- Supervised the dynamic generation of a Docker-Swarm-based testing environment for each service.
- Maintained and improved a developer tool written in Python to set up and run integration and system tests in a standard way across the company.
QA Automation Lead2017 - 2018McAfee
Technologies: GitHub, Git, Jenkins, Behave, Gherkin, Selenium, Python
- Developed a McAfee real-time threat-prevention solution.
- Defined and tracked multiple product integration testing strategies.
- Detected cross-product integration defects as early as possible.
- Provided reliable mock-ups for integration testing with new products before their release.
- Provided McAfee Threat Intelligence Exchange server (TIE Server) automation test coverage over 80%.
- Automated TIE Server system and UI tests using Python.
- Improved the McAfee automated test framework with new steps and page object definitions.
- Developed a one-click solution for TIE Server ecosystem deployment that involved multiple McAfee product installations and configurations in different connected hosts.
- Automated TIE Server ecosystem deployment through Python scripts using VMware as a virtualization tool for the installation of McAfee products in Linux and Windows hosts.
Software and Testing Engineer2011 - 2017Intel Corporation
Technologies: Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Parallel Programming, Concurrent Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD), C++, Selenium, Python
- Developed a standard services platform consumed by four million unique agents deployed in Windows and Linux.
- Developed the downloader feature of a common services platform based on a plugin architecture and a publisher-subscriber message bus in C++ (~300,000 SLOC).
- Supported and fixed client issues regarding the downloader component of the common service platform.
- Delivered a new version of the Intel Firmware Updater programmed in Python from scratch, which allowed a fast response to production incidents.
- Used strong object-oriented principles like SOLID, and agile practices like behavior driven development (BDD) and test driven development (TDD) for the Intel Firmware Updater implementation.
- Duplicated throughput rate for message exchange in the communication channel of the Intel Security solution.
- Implemented a multi-threading solution in C++ to improve the performance of data.
- Started an automation solution from the beginning to test the Threat Intelligence Exchange product (TIE Server) and its integration inside the Intel Security solution ecosystem.
- Implemented automated test cases to ensure the correct behavior of the TIE Server and its integrations.