Verified Expert in Engineering
Francis is an experienced full-stack engineer with a focus on JVM languages and native mobile. As a startup veteran and co-founder of StormPins, he has first-hand experience growing ideas from concept, bringing them into production, and scaling as they grow. He has built apps for iOS and Android and is as comfortable developing APIs as he is deploying them. He loves working with Java and will always have a soft spot in his heart for Objective-C.
Git, Mercurial, AppCode, IntelliJ, MacOS, Kotlin
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was integrating eye tracking into an enterprise CAD application.
Co-founder | Senior Software Engineer
Prospect Hill Advisors
- Developed a geolocation-focused RESTful web service from the ground up using Java, Spring, and Hibernate Spatial.
- Utilized a range AWS technologies including ElasticBeanstalk, CloudWatch, SQS, RDS, and SNS to deliver a service side ecosystem that is both scalable and cost effective.
- Developed a brand new, location-based iOS application using Objective-C, Swift, RestKit, and Core Data.
- Developed a brand new, location based Android application using Java and Spring for Android.
- Developed an iPad application used by broadcast TV studios to view user generated content and display it on air.
- Managed the app across the iTunes App Store and Google Play.
Software Engineer III
- Developed a server side infrastructure to power an in-vehicle telematics system used in the long haul trucking industry.
- Created fault tolerant ETL tools used to process terabytes of sensor data wirelessly collected from long haul trucks.
- Used JavaEE to build APIs used to manage trucking fleets and drivers.
- Worked to drastically increase performance and reliably of existing software applications to better serve an increasing customer base.
- Developed SDKs for customers so they could integrate with our software solutions.
The ecosystem starts with TV viewer facing native iOS and Android mobile apps, using these apps views can tag news stories and upload a photo, video, and description. These applications are powered by a Spring based web service running in AWS. PostGIS is used to handle storing and searching through geographically bound data.
The TV station is able to browse all user generated content using a dedicated iPad app. Using this app they are also able to select content and easily incorporate it as part of a live TV broadcast.
I designed and developed the entire ecosystem. This includes the Java/Spring based back-end service as well as the native iPhone, iPad, and Android clients.
The iOS application was built using Swift and uses the iCloud SDK to sync documents across devices. The backend is written in Scala using Play framework. Payments are powered by Braintree.
ScanPost featured on Product Hunthttps://www.producthunt.com/posts/scanpost
JPA, Spring MVC, Spring JDBC, Spring Boot, Spring, Flutter, JUnit, Spring Security, RestKit, Core Data, Hibernate, Akka, AngularJS, Angular, Play Framework
JDBC, Hystrix, Facebook API, JAX-RS
Jira, Apache Maven, Apache Tomcat, IntelliJ IDEA, AppCode, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Flyway, TeamCity, Xcode, Git, Subversion (SVN), Mercurial, Gradle, IntelliJ, WildFly, Bamboo, Jenkins, SBT, Adobe Photoshop
Unit Testing, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Dependency Injection, Scrum, Agile, Agile Software Development, Aspect-oriented Programming, REST
Java EE, iOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, MacOS, Jakarta EE, JBoss, Android
NoSQL, PostgreSQL, Spring Data, MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Microsoft SQL Server, PostGIS
Scrum Master, GlassFish
Bachelor of Science Degree in New Media Interactive Development
Rochester Institute of Technology - Rochester, NY, USA
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Amazon Web Services