Senior Engineer/Developer2016 - 2016NMRKT (via Toptal)
- Implemented a Rails API for analytics.
- Implemented React/Redux client side modules for campaign management.
- Implemented React/Redux client side modules for statistics.
- Enhanced several existing Rails apps.
- Enhanced an existing PHP back-end.
- Extracted part of the PHP back-end into a Rails API consumed by a React/Redux front-end.
- Created multiple Elasticsearch indices for analytics.
- Created a number of aggregations to fetch analytics data from Elasticsearch.
Software Developer2012 - 2015ClubJudge
- Developed an OAuth server using Sinatra and microservices in Ruby.
- Broke apart a monolithic Rails back-end into a microservices architecture.
- Built a backbone-based front-end application.
- Created endpoints for a RESTful API based on Node.js.
- Developed a Backbone app which consumed the services provided by the RESTful API.
- Built a Rails management back-office.
- Created Ruby agents which simulated website visits with different patterns, geographical locations, browsers, and operating systems.
- Developed a DSL with Ruby to scrape online content through the Ruby visits agents.
- Applied Elasticsearch indexing to our models for searching and pre-calculations.
- Built multiple Resque and Sidekick asynchronous jobs.
Software Developer2008 - 2012SAPO
Technologies: CodeIgniter, C, Python, Java, MySQL, PHP
- Developed an advertising system management back-office in PHP.
- Built a self-care back-office for clients to manage their advertisement campaigns.
- Created the API, in PHP, for a Groupon-like voucher service.
- Developed a Java-based reporting server based on JasperReports, for an Adwords-like advertisement service.
- Built the payment gateways for the advertising service, the voucher service, a music streaming service, and a games service.
- Created MySQL UDFs in C to prepare domain data for a denormalized database used at runtime in the advertisement service.
- Maintained a Python fraud management module for the advertisement service.
Software Developer2004 - 2010Freelance
- Developed a PHP website and CMS for a yacht broker.
- Built a PHP website and API over CodeIgniter for a website which allows people to ask questions in the Portuguese language and which also contains a number of linguistic resources.
- Installed, configured, and maintained an Intel quad-core server, with 4 HDs set up as a RAID 10, with Debian for a Portuguese linguistics institute.
- Created a Rails personal site for an artist.
- Developed a PHP website and CMS for a yacht product's shop.
- Built a PHP website and CMS for classical cars.
- Created a PHP website and CMS for a veterinary hospital.
Software Developer2007 - 2008Widescope
Technologies: WebSphere, Apache Struts, Java
- Developed a Struts-based online photography shop.
- Built portlets for Websphere Portal Express based on Struts 1.
- Customized the PHP-based egroupware platform.
Tibco Support2007 - 2007PT-SI
Technologies: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Java, TIBCO
- Installed and supported all machines and Unix environments of the Tibco SOA for a client telco.
- Provided AXIS web services for external consumption of system alarms.
- Customized an Access DB using VBA.
- Communicated with technicians from various specialties whose activities are related to application integration.
- Managed HP UX and Solaris machines.
Software Developer2006 - 2007Siemens
Technologies: CCITT High Level Language (CHILL), XSL, XML, Java, C++
- Developed minor CHILL and C++ features on Siemens's the GGSNs.
Consultant2005 - 2007Capita
- Developed multiple ASP online stores.
- Developed COM+ DLLs for data access.
- Developed store procedures for MS SQL.
- Built XSLTs for transformation of product's XML data.
Application Support2004 - 2005TMN
- Developed monitoring scripts in VB script, Java, and bash/ksh.
- Developed web pages for monitoring, visualization, and reporting.
Software Developer2004 - 2004PT-SI
- Developed the Java portal which managed a telco's user points, which they gained from using their phones and which they could trade for products.
Support2003 - 2004SIVA Online
- Maintained the newsletter.
- Developed minor components for the site and content manager.