Freelance Android Tech Lead2020 - 2021Ontraport
Technologies: Android, Kotlin, Agile, Clubhouse, Zeplin, APIs, REST, Retrofit 2, KOIN, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Android Jetpack, Coroutines, RoomDB, Firebase, Coil, Zendesk API, Android Studio, Slack, Tortoise Git
- Built the app that allows users to view and manage their contacts, deals, tasks, notes, fully custom objects as well as manage relationships between them, like assign tasks to contacts, and manage deals associated with companies.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained the architecture, set the direction for the rest of the team and supported the project post-release. Worked as part of a team of around three people.
- Worked with a massively complex API that was not intended to be used by mobile clients, but we pulled it off and created something that worked reliably and smoothly, and the client was happy. Visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ontraport.android to see the app.
Freelance Android Developer2019 - 2020Tempcon Instrumentation Ltd
Technologies: Android, Kotlin, SQLite, Bluetooth LE, Android Studio, Slack, Tortoise Git, Dagger 2
- Designed the app, its architecture and implemented it. It was connected to an industrial hand-held thermometer via BLE Bluetooth and I implemented the BLE client.
- Worked on the app that allowed the user to record temperature measurements for things like cooked food or water in a treatment facility as well as sending email reports.
- Created the app that ended up being quite complex, with pre-set measurement profiles.
Freelance Android Developer2019 - 2020Vemely
Technologies: Android, Kotlin, Firebase, SQLite, Dagger 2, Video Processing, FFmpeg, Android Studio, Slack, Tortoise Git, SourceTree
- Worked on the Vemely, a social media content creator app, initially built for iOS where users can upload videos and the app embeds subtitles into them.
- Built the Android app and release it to Play Store. Check out https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.luminixmarketing.vemely to see the app.
- Implemented video editing with FFmpeg, so users can have multiple ongoing projects, view their status, edit them and publish them to various social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter directly from the app.
Android Developer2017 - 2019Deliveroo
Technologies: Android, Dagger 2, Retrofit 2, Google Maps, Agile, Kotlin, RxJava 2, SQLite, Android Studio, Slack, Tortoise Git
- Acted as an Android developer and was responsible for the app used by Deliveroo riders to navigate their way from the restaurant to the consumer as well as tracking their payments and scheduling their work.
- Served as a part of the Rider Care team and was responsible for developing tools for riders.
- Worked on:. • the ability to book their work ahead of time, in order to ensure fair and predictable access to work slots. • the ability to book time off, which gave riders peace of mind about their status on the platform. Visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deliveroo.driverapp to see the app.
Freelance Android Developer2018 - 2018AddyCar
Technologies: Google Maps, Android, RxJava 2, MongoDB, SQLite, Dagger 2, Retrofit 2, Kotlin, Mobile GPS, Location Tracking, Android Studio, Slack, Tortoise Git
- Built an Android app that allowed users to earn money by serving adverts on their cars.
- Worked on the app allowed users to register their car, receive campaigns and apply to them.
- Implemented tracking GPS location feature while driving in order to ensure fair compensation. Visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.addycar.driverapp to see the app.
Senior Android Developer2016 - 2016Hailo
Technologies: Android, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Android Studio, Tortoise Git, Retrofit 2
- Was responsible for the application used by customers to hail a taxi.
- Increased the number of user signups by implementing signup with PayPal. I also helped reduce the number of trip cancellations by participating in the respective R&D and experimentation and implementing the winning UI features.
- Helped to migrate passengers to a new app (MyTaxi) after a company merger.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016
Technologies: Android, Java, GraphQL, Android Studio
- Increased user interactions and revenue on the Snaptu platform, which is the back end for the Facebook mobile app on feature-phones in emerging countries.
- Shipped several UI/UX improvements for a multi-cultural, performance- and bandwidth-constrained environment of millions of users all across the planet.
- Worked on the Facebook Android application which is the world’s largest Android codebase.
- Worked at Facebook and had the opportunity to familiarize myself with the “Silicon Valley work style” which is a very passionate, independent (bottom-up) way to work while also being very product-oriented and highly international.
Senior Android Developer2013 - 2015Endava
Technologies: Java, Scrum, Agile, Android, Android Studio, Jira
- Served as a part of a large international team, developed, and supported Android applications in Scrum environment.
- Worked on the Telekom Mail app – official email client for Deutsche Telekom, the biggest telecommunication company in Germany.
- Got recognition and I was offered a Germany-based job by a Telekom manager at the end of a project. I didn't take it because it was around that time I got my offer from Facebook and decided to move to the UK instead. Visit see the app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.telekom.mail to.
Android Developer2010 - 2013Softvision
Technologies: Android, Java, Agile, Android Studio, Jira
- Acted as a part of a team and was responsible for numerous projects over the years.
- Worked on the Mr. Number app, the most popular call blocker apps. Visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrnumber.blocker for details.
- Collaborated on the Fan TV app - an Android app for TV that allowed users to enjoy movies, music and audiobooks, back when Android TV was a thing.
Android and BlackBerry Developer2008 - 2010AROBS Software
Technologies: Java, Scrum, Android, Android Studio, Agile
- Developed and supported Android applications in a Scrum environment.
- Built the OncoEMR app – Android client for the OncoEMR oncology-specific electronic medical records system.
- Created the Hotelzon app – Android and Blackberry client for one of Europe’s biggest hotel booking platforms. Visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hotelzon to see the app.