CTO | Co-Founder2008 - 2016Flow eCommerce
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Bacula, XenServer, Chef, Python, Ruby, MySQL, PHP 7, PHP 5, Magento 2, Magento 1
- Co-founded and operated a successful startup.
- Delivered over 300 eCommerce projects for clients from diverse countries such as Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and Bermuda.
- Provided, in partnership with the government, consulting and created eCommerce websites for more than 30 small-and-medium companies.
- Managed a team of 7 members in total; apart from freelancers and outsourcing from different cultures and in different locations (Brazil and India).
- Helped 90+ clients with hosting, using a private cloud composed of around 30 nodes, following a 99.5% uptime SLA and delivering over 2 million page views per month.
- Developed partnerships with key players in the Brazilian eCommerce market.
- Implemented the Agile software development methodology using the Scrum framework.
- Created and maintained over 90 Magento extensions—including payment processing, caching strategies, third party integrations, and UI improvements.
Consultant2009 - 2009Timor Leste Republic Government
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, Ubuntu Linux
- Improved the performance and security of the government’s website production environment (http://timor-leste.gov.tl).
Web Developer2007 - 2007International Labour Organization
Technologies: Stellent Content Management System, Oracle, Python, Java
- Developed 4 websites for the regional ILO field offices within the ILO global website using the Stellent CMS (Java + Oracle).
- Created Java components and Python scripts to automate the creation of new websites for the ILO field offices.
- Installed and supported wiki and project collaboration tools for internal use tested.
PHP Specialist2006 - 2007IsoBar
Technologies: Linux, Gentoo, Ubuntu Linux, PostgreSQL, MySQL, PHP
- Managed a team composed of 7 web developers.
- Created a process for development cost estimation.
- Created a process for issues management using Active Collab, an open source alternative to Basecamp.
Project Manager2006 - 2006BrasilTelecom
- Planned and monitored some of the department’s key projects including: Metro Ethernet, IP Traffic Analyzer, and video/audio conferences for corporate clients.
Software Engineer2005 - 2006AgênciaClick/IsoBar
Technologies: Ubuntu, PostgreSQL, MySQL, PHP
- Participated on the successful development of 2 large information systems for the Brazilian government, entirely made in PHP and using Oracle and PostgreSQL as DBMS; being hosted by the Brazilian federal government and used by all of the ministries, government agencies, and the private companies willing to work with the government.
- Automated the approval of the government marketing campaigns through the development of a Soap API used by government agencies, ministries, and private companies.
- Managed the training for the Brazilian government data processing department (Serpro) which is responsible for the maintenance of the above mentioned system.
- Developed a system used in a stand in Rock in Rio Lisbon—where users would take photos and they would be automatically posted to a website.
- Executed Q&A on projects and fixed some of the company's projects.
Web Developer2004 - 2005Fábrica de Idéias (fabricadeideias.com)
Technologies: Perl, Shell, Linux, Gentoo, MySQL, PHP
- Developed a digital video recording and tagging system.
- Participated on the development of a statistical database of all Brazilian municipalities, having the World Bank as a client.
- Developed 2 websites using the company's home build CMS.
Web Developer2003 - 2004Agência de Notícias dos Direitos da Infância
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, ASP
- Developed the NGO's website.
- Developed the NGO's intranet portal.
- Provided support for the CMS and intranet portal users.