Software Developer in Brasília - Federal District, Brazil
CTO | Co-Founder2008 - 2016Flow eCommerce
Technologies: Magento 1, Magento 2, Php 5, Php 7, MySQL, Ruby, Python, Chef, Xen Server, Bacula, AWS
- Co-founded and operated a successful startup.
- Delivered over 300 eCommerce projects for clients from diverse countries such as Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and Bermuda.
- Provided, in partnership with the government, consulting and created eCommerce websites for more than 30 small-and-medium companies.
- Managed a team of 7 members in total; apart from freelancers and outsourcing from different cultures and in different locations (Brazil and India).
- Helped 90+ clients with hosting, using a private cloud composed of around 30 nodes, following a 99.5% uptime SLA and delivering over 2 million page views per month.
- Developed partnerships with key players in the Brazilian eCommerce market.
- Implemented the Agile software development methodology using the Scrum framework.
- Created and maintained over 90 Magento extensions—including payment processing, caching strategies, third party integrations, and UI improvements.
Consultant2009 - 2009Timor Leste Republic Government
Technologies: Ubuntu Linux, PHP, WordPress
- Improved the performance and security of the government’s website production environment (http://timor-leste.gov.tl).
Web Developer2007 - 2007International Labour Organization
Technologies: Java, Stellent CMS, Python, Oracle
- Developed 4 websites for the regional ILO field offices within the ILO global website using the Stellent CMS (Java + Oracle).
- Created Java components and Python scripts to automate the creation of new websites for the ILO field offices.
- Installed and supported wiki and project collaboration tools for internal use tested.
PHP Specialist2006 - 2007IsoBar
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Ubuntu Linux, Gentoo Linux
- Managed a team composed of 7 web developers.
- Created a process for development cost estimation.
- Created a process for issues management using Active Collab, an open source alternative to Basecamp.
Project Manager2006 - 2006BrasilTelecom
- Planned and monitored some of the department’s key projects including: Metro Ethernet, IP Traffic Analyzer, and video/audio conferences for corporate clients.
Software Engineer2005 - 2006AgênciaClick/IsoBar
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Ubuntu
- Participated on the successful development of 2 large information systems for the Brazilian government, entirely made in PHP and using Oracle and PostgreSQL as DBMS; being hosted by the Brazilian federal government and used by all of the ministries, government agencies, and the private companies willing to work with the government.
- Automated the approval of the government marketing campaigns through the development of a Soap API used by government agencies, ministries, and private companies.
- Managed the training for the Brazilian government data processing department (Serpro) which is responsible for the maintenance of the above mentioned system.
- Developed a system used in a stand in Rock in Rio Lisbon—where users would take photos and they would be automatically posted to a website.
- Executed Q&A on projects and fixed some of the company's projects.
Web Developer2004 - 2005Fábrica de Idéias (fabricadeideias.com)
Technologies: Php, MySQL, Gentoo Linux, Shell Script, Perl
- Developed a digital video recording and tagging system.
- Participated on the development of a statistical database of all Brazilian municipalities, having the World Bank as a client.
- Developed 2 websites using the company's home build CMS.
Web Developer2003 - 2004Agência de Notícias dos Direitos da Infância
Technologies: ASP, Microsoft SQL Server
- Developed the NGO's website.
- Developed the NGO's intranet portal.
- Provided support for the CMS and intranet portal users.
- Casa Rio Grande do Sul (Development)http://www.casargs.com.br
Developed, hosted, and supported the Casa RGS website—a local company in Brazil specializing in home decor and wedding registries.
- Clube de Vinhos GB (Development)http://www.clubedevinhosgb.com.br
A wine club with a recurring payment solution for subscribed members using as payment methods: credit cards and Boleto (a common Brazilian payment option).
- Quality Nutrition (Development)http://www.qualitynutrition.com.br
A sports nutrition eCommerce website where I was responsible for the development of extensions regarding tax invoicing, payment, and shipping methods as well as hosting and support
- International Labour Organization Offices' Websites (Development)
Developed several ILO office websites, using the Stellent CMS (Java + Oracle).
- Timor Leste Republic Government Website Production Environment (Development)http://timor-leste.gov.tl
Hired by the Timorese government as a consultant to improve the performance and security of the government’s website production environment (http://timor-leste.gov.tl).
- Coritiba Store (Development)
The official eCommerce website for Coritiba—a soccer team competing in the Brazilian main league. The hosting structure was responsible for handling large traffic spikes whenever a new version of the team's jersey was available.
- Edições CNBB (Development)http://www.edicoescnbb.com.br
Conferência Nacional dos Bispos do Brasil (CNBB) is the Brazilian representative of the Vatican, and Edições CNBB is the company responsible for selling all of its editorial content to churches in Brazil. Responsible for the development and hosting of the website.
- Floresta Flores (Development)http://florestaflores.com.br
This is a flower shop website. I was responsible for payment and shipping method integrations, as well as hosting, and general support
- AgênciaClick/IsoBar (Development)
As a PHP specialist, I worked as a team leader for the PHP development team; being responsible for Q&A and project management.
- Tigo Money Official Magento Integration (via Toptal) (Development)https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/tigo-money-payment-gateway-1.html
Developed the official integration for the payment method Tigo Money. The development involved checkout modifications and proper order status handling after the payment process has been completed.
- Magento 2 Tutorial: How to Build a Complete Module (Publication)Magento built a reputation as an e-commerce market leader, all thanks to its ease of use and customizability. Getting into the framework was only made easier with the release of Magento 2. In this post, Toptal Software Engineer Gabriel Queiroz Silva gives us a step-by-step tutorial to building your first Magento 2 website.
ToolsMagento Modules, PhpStorm, Chef, Apache, Nginx, Bitbucket, Citrix Xencentre, Git, Docker Compose, Docker Hub, GitLab, Subversion (SVN)
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Continuous Delivery (CD), Prototype-based OOP
PlatformsMagento Community Edition, Magento, Magento 2, Magento API, Magento 1, Docker, Xen, Linux, XenServer, Ubuntu Linux, New Relic
FrameworksKnockout.js, PHPUnit, Zend Framework, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Symfony, Prototype Framework
StorageMySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis
OtherClient Management, Web Hosting, Ubuntu Server, Bacula, Unix Shell Scripting, DNS
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering2002 - 2008Universidade de Brasília - Brasília, DF, Brazil