Verified Expert in Engineering
Gbenga is a result-oriented software engineer with five years of experience analyzing, designing, developing, testing, and implementing various web and mobile applications. He has experience building, deploying, and managing enterprise and fintech applications for organizations, both as an employee and freelancer, using modern web and mobile technologies. With his diverse set of skills, Gbenga will be a great addition to any team.
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is a web lesson player that is being used by millions of users across the world to learn English from anywhere in the world.
Digital Business Solutions SA
- Developed a specialized payment page for a prominent bank, facilitating the acceptance of payments for specific services from users spanning eight countries.
- Led the front-end development of a web-based payment gateway for DBS, enabling customers to collect payment-related funds efficiently using various online payment methods, including credit cards and mobile money.
- Standardized the coding practices and fixed long-standing bugs in some of the existing products.
Senior SEO, React, and Next.js Expert
Small Chip Investments LLC
- Set up SEO for all the pages of the product, increasing its rank on search engines.
- Added tracking tools to the project using Ahrefs and Google Search Console.
- Fixed bugs in the product that have been there for months. Improved some parts of the UI of the product.
React Native Web Developer
Property Finder FZ LLC
- Joined the development of a design system using React Native and React Native for Web. This system was the foundation for building various web and mobile applications across the company.
- Migrated existing web and mobile applications to a unified stack using React Native and React Native for Web.
- Trained and upskilled team members during the migration process.
Senior Front-end Engineer
- Contributed to the existing online collaboration tool built for tablets and desktop apps to increase velocity for their core application canvas web view on their cross-device team.
- Fixed several bugs assigned to me, one of which was a major bug on the Mural boards of users that has been in the backlog for a long time.
- Built a feature to enable users to share a Mural with other users using "share codes" so other users can contribute to the same Mural in real-time.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
- Made contributions to ensure the continuity of the smooth operations of the internal web application.
- Added new features and also optimized existing ones.
- Built a feature to enable the bulk upload and management of logistics information of users.
- Worked with team members to improve the speed and performance of some of the multiple cron jobs running on the system.
Senior React Native Engineer
International ESL Services LLC
- Developed from scratch a web lesson player, using React Native Web, that can be used by users (children) to learn the English Language. It was a thoroughly tested application—tests were written using Jest and React Native Testing Library.
- Tracked and fixed issues and bugs using Jira; collaborated closely with other team members using Slack and Zoom.
- Worked primarily on the application's core features and performed many code reviews.
Lead Front-end Engineer
- Developed the web and mobile app Advancly that helps manage transactions made by Advancly funders and can be used to make investments in Advancly investment plans. So far, over $100 million has been processed on this platform.
- Worked on building a widget for Advancly that companies can use to provide loans to their customers in a few seconds. More than ten African companies use this widget to provide loan services to their borrowers.
- Built a platform from scratch for Advancly aggregators to manage their borrowers' loans. This application can also be used to process loans on behalf of users, especially those who are not tech-savvy.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed a mobile app to help users overview their data usage and internet activities and make payments for internet bundles. The mobile app is still active on both Play Store and App Store and currently has over 10,000 downloads.
- Worked with the back-end team to revamp the website from an old framework and give the UI of the website a new look. The website shows details of the company and is also used by users to monitor their data usage and internet activities.
- Built a single-page application using Node.js, React, and PostgreSQL to enable managing the activities at various network base stations owned by the organization.
Freelance Software Engineer
- Built the first version of the Shecluded web application to enable women to access different loans. The application allows users to sign up, log in, apply for loans, and repay loans.
- Built an admin application to allow the system admin to monitor users' activities, loan applications, grants, and loan payments. Admins can also generate all kinds of reports on this platform.
- Worked with the stakeholders to gather the business requirements for the product, had sessions with some potential users to understand what the product should achieve, and worked with a back-end engineer to bring the product to life.
3Line Card Management
- Built a terminal management system (TMS) to manage the activities of thousands of POS terminals owned by banks used to monitor their agents' actions and manage their revenue.
- Developed the front end for an agency banking application called Freedom Network. Thousands of agents use this application across Nigeria to process transactions, such as internet subscriptions, airtime recharge, transfers to banks, and more.
- Built different versions of Freedom Network for three other banks during my time with 3Line. All the applications I built for 3Line are still in use still today.
Property Search Web and Mobile Applicationhttps://expert.propertyfinder.ae
I worked alongside their team members to move all their web and mobile apps to a single stack using React Native. I led the development of the design system, which was built with React Native. I also worked on building features for the initial release to production for the web and mobile applications.
Online Collaboration Toolhttps://www.mural.co
Open English Junior Web Lesson Player
Bolt Internal Web Applicationhttps://www.gobolt.com
Advancly (Advancly Spark, Advancly Embed, Advest)https://www.advancly.com
Advancly Mobile Apphttps://apps.apple.com/ng/app/advancly/id1609750373
React Native, Redux, Bootstrap, Next.js, Material UI, Tailwind CSS, Express.js, Ant Design, Cypress, Flux, Jest, Jasmine, NestJS
React, Node.js, REST APIs, React Native for Web, React Navigation, React Redux, Context API, jQuery, React Router
Mobile Development, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Cross-platform, Responsive Web Design (RWD)
Android, iOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Contentful, Mobile, Vercel, Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker
Software Development, Storybook, Front-end, Server-side Rendering (SSR), Web Development, Mobile App Development, Pixel Perfect, Design Systems, Push Notifications, Mobile Payments, Subscriptions, Full-stack, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), RESTful Services, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Authentication, APIs, Mobile Apps, Mobile First, CI/CD Pipelines, Mobile Applications, Email Templates, Responsive Email Templates, Fintech, API Integration, Single Sign-on (SSO), Redux Toolkit, Zustand, Deployment, Third-party Integration, Geolocation, Monorepos, Styled-components, TypeORM, SEO Marketing
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Federal University Oye Ekiti - Ekiti, Nigeria
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring