Android Team Lead2020 - 2021C. Hoare & Co.
Technologies: Android, Kotlin, Java, APIs, Android SDK, Android API, Android App Design, Code Architecture
- Led the design and development of four major components of the bank's mobile application: accounts, transactions, payments, and transfers.
- Translated and implemented the pixel-perfect designs from the UI/UX team.
- Oversaw the architectural design of the mobile platform, which ensured the stability and maintainability of the mobile applications.
- Maintained the legacy code of the earlier application to ensure a smooth banking experience for the clients.
- Mentored less skilled and junior developers through code reviews.
- Worked with the following Firebase tools: Analytics and Crashlytics.
Lead Android Developer and Architect2019 - 2020Acosta Europe
Technologies: Java, Kotlin, Android, Android SDK, Android API, App UI, App UX, Android App Design
- Designed and developed the phone version of the existing field service management app.
- Led the front-end development and architecture of the Android application.
- Worked with several stakeholders (designers, QA teams, API teams, and managers) to ensure that the platform had an overall high code quality.
- Mentored junior developers and helped the onboarding of new team members.
- Worked with the human resources department to build the Android team.
- Led a team of developers to maintain the older versions of the Android application.
- Worked with the following Firebase tools: Crashlytics, Analytics, A/B testing, remote configuration, real-time database, authentication, and cloud storage.
Lead Android Developer2017 - 2019Reach Contact Field Marketing
Technologies: Android, Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, Android API, App UI, App UX, Android App Design
- Ported the tablet version of the company's flagship mobile application to phones.
- Maintained and refactored the legacy mobile application into a modern one with a proper MVVM architecture.
- Added end-to-end and unit tests to the existing codebase to ensure stable and regular releases.
- Implemented several complex UI widgets to make sales representatives' daily work processes easier.
- Regularly joined end-users in the field and investigated how the application was actually being used so it can be improved accordingly.
Head of Mobile2016 - 2017Forevr
Technologies: Android, Android SDK, Android API, Java, Kotlin, Android App Design, Code Architecture
- Managed and led several mobile and back-end developers to build the company's cloud-based messaging application.
- Developed a pixel-perfect Android application in three months from scratch based on the design team's wireframes.
- Led the architectural design meetings and made most of the decisions for the Android application.
- Developed the network layer of the Android application to ensure seamless synchronization between the back end and the Android app.
- Traveled to Ukraine to work with a remote team to ensure high-quality collaboration between the engineering team and other stakeholders.
Senior Android Developer2015 - 2016DeltaRail
Technologies: Kotlin, Java, Android, Android App Design, Code Architecture
- Developed the company's GPS-based commuting application for Londoners.
- Designed and implemented the MVP architecture for the Android application.
- Followed a modular approach while developing the major components of the codebase, including the network, data, views, and business use cases.
- Built complex UI components based on the back-end data received.
- Implemented geofencing in order to offer application users unique features based on their commuting routes in and around London.
Senior Android Developer2014 - 2015Tesco
Technologies: Android, Java, Android API, Android App Design
- Developed the popular 4-hour delivery slot of the Android application.
- Implemented several pixel-perfect UI components that are used by thousands of people in the UK alone.
- Built a test suite and improved the code coverage of the application with new unit tests.
- Worked closely with other teams like the iOS and back-end teams to ensure a high code quality.
Lead Android Developer2013 - 2014JPJ Group
Technologies: Android, Android API, Java, UI, App UI, UX, App UX, Android App Design
- Developed, with a team of eight, the company's Slots game (Android application).
- Designed and implemented the W-2G form entry to be used directly from the Android application so users can report gambling winnings.
- Implemented several GPS restrictions to make sure the application can only be used only in the licensed countries.
Lead Android Developer2008 - 2014ieDigital
Technologies: Android, Android API, Java, Android App Design, Code Architecture
- Worked as a sole developer at the beginning and designed the architecture of the company's first financial mobile application with industry-standard best practices.
- Designed and developed four major components of the financial mobile application: accounts, transfers, payments, and transactions.
- Oversaw the release processes and worked with DevOps to ensure seamless releases.
- Organized technical brown-bag sessions to help juniors to get up to speed.