Verified Expert in Engineering
Ghassan is an experienced information technology professional with a Ph.D. in software engineering and expertise in networking and software development. He designed a network of high-density access points that segmented the system into many VLANS to detect cyber attacks and developed a Node.js, Arduino, and MongoDB-based product to monitor the temperature in server rooms. Ghassan is skilled in app, web, and database development and React, IoT, Linux, and Microsoft SQL Server projects.
SQL, MySQL, Node.js, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google BigQuery, Linux, Apache Airflow, Web Services, Redshift, PostgreSQL
The most amazing...
...project I've developed was a reflection-based WPF/C# server based on XML and database storage of XML-based scripts.
Addenda Holdings Ltd
- Created a data warehouse based on Apache Airflow, AWS S3, AWS Athena, redshift, and Tableau.
- Designed a solution for ETL based on Fivetran and Bigquery.
- Implemented the data warehouse under BigQuery and built main reports using Tableau.
- Developed financial reports using Looker and BigQuery and built dynamic dashboards under Looker.
- Cleaned the data from cloud sources and synchronized the database with BigQuery. Written BigQuery views were to be included in Looker.
- Migrated data from PostgreSQL to the cloud, filtered and merged the data within remote PostgreSQL servers, and the BigQuery database.
IT Project Manager
- Developed an app that monitors the server room. The application was written from scratch using Node.js, MongoDB, and Arduino.
- Designed and developed a prototype for fintech solutions based on Oracle, Node.js, Angular, and Ionic.
- Built an app that collects the remote printer's status and counters using SNMP and Node.js, then communicates the collected data to an external supplier.
- Managed the IT department, including a team of three, one database developer and two technical IT resources. Supervised the data maintenance and extraction as well as constructing the new integrations with third parties.
IT Manager | Senior Developer
Wellspring Learning Community
- Prepared the data collected from various sources, including Excel, Textual, and custom applications, and imported it to a new school management system. Deployed and maintained the MSSQL 2012 database server.
- Designed, installed, configured, monitored, and optimized a network of high-density access points. Wrote programs with Python on Linux routers to segment the network into many VLANS and detected poisoning and cyber attacks.
- Managed the team of three IT resources and one developer to switch the institution software to a new solution. Fulfilled the role of IT administrator and supervised the activities of data visualization reports and editing.
ALLC International House Beirut
- Created the website according to specifications.
- Imported data stored in Microsoft Access into the website and linked the website to the Microsoft access database.
- Modified the accounting application written with Microsoft Access and added a web interface to the client portion so users may enter their personal information.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed scripts for Asterisk call routing, IP telephony switching, and VOIP protocols.
- Modified, wrote, and debugged the existing core Linux and C libraries.
- Coded a data bridge with SugarCRM. Improved reporting by SQL query optimization and developed the chat module for call centers.
- Analyzed the information system and wrote system requirements. Used UML to manage the analysis and design of the built software. Applied a value-driven, agile approach and created and maintained project plans using Microsoft Project.
- Normalized the data from different departments and faculties, including data merging, filtering, pre-processing, and data mining of faculties data under Microsoft SQL Server.
- Developed the core of a distributed university management system using C# and reflection. Enhanced the graphical library by adding XML support to graphical windows.
- Designed the solution and act as the technical leader in charge of the software design and delivery. Supervised a team of five developers and one tester to build the UMS from scratch.
Senior Software Developer
- Implemented Java Server Faces (JSF) components using JBuilder and Tomcat.
- Wrote dynamic school solution web pages using Java Servlets (JSP) scripts.
- Created and maintained a new customized branch of JasperReports. Developed and optimized the reporting module of Timeware's solution.
Positron Public Safety Systems
- Rewrote the dispatching software with C# and ComponentOne. Integrated the GIS application in the dispatching software and implemented a high-performance search algorithm of resources based on multi-criteria.
- Deployed a call center full solution and documented the processes. Used the incremental development model to serve additional customer requirements. Led the testing team and assisted the QA team.
- Developed plugins to link the third-party API. Linked the call-taking system to a legacy mainframe telecommunication system. Wrote extended MSSQL-stored procedures for integration.
- Extended the CAD server and optimized the recommendation algorithms using N-Ary tree algorithms.
- Acted as the technical director of the custom development team of 18 developers to propose and develop a solution for public safety resources dispatching. Deployed the solution in the city of Pamplona in the province of Navarra, Spain.
IOT Project: Heat Monitor for Server Roomshttps://github.com/GenericSystems/ghassan
Data Clean-up for Marketing Department
MySQL <-> MSSQL Synchronization
Data Merge and Consolidation
IOT Projects Teaching
Data Center Design
Blood Transfer Management
Toptal React Academy
Statistics Dashboards for a NGO
Node.js, Pandas, React
Crystal Reports, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Apache Airflow, BigQuery, Looker, Microsoft Power BI, AWS Glue, AWS CLI, Power Query, Erwin, Excel 2013, Google Analytics, Amazon Athena
Database Design, ETL Implementation & Design, ETL, Database Development, Object-relational Mapping (ORM), Business Intelligence (BI), Agile, Automation
Linux, Oracle, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
MySQL, MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server, Database Modeling, NoSQL, Database Architecture, SQL Stored Procedures, SQL Server 2012, PostgreSQL, Data Pipelines, API Databases, Databases, SQL Server 2010, JSON, Data Lakes, Elasticsearch, Google Cloud, Amazon DynamoDB, Database Replication, Redshift, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Software Development, Data Modeling, Data Architecture, CSV, Reporting, Excel Reporting, Data Migration, Data Engineering, Data Visualization, Data Analysis, Excel Macros, Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP), CSV File Processing, Reports, Websites, Web Development, Web Services, Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Google BigQuery, APIs, Quality Assurance (QA), Data Cleaning, Data Cleansing, Big Data, Complex Data Analysis, Data Analytics, Data Warehousing, Data Warehouse Design, OCR, Veeam, DAX, Computer Engineering, Tableau Server, Network Design, Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), Compliance, ISAM
Ph.D. in Software Engineering
INSA Lyon - Lyon, France
Master's Degree in Software Engineering
INSA Lyon - Lyon, France
Toptal React Academy Graduate