Gian Piero Bandieramonte
Verified Expert in Engineering
With over 15 years of experience building desktop and web apps, Gian Piero is a full-stack developer who believes in the power of prudent software engineering to create a positive impact on society. His deep knowledge of finance gives him a competitive advantage when developing fintech software. Gian Piero is keen on implementing solutions that efficiently meet his clients' needs.
The most amazing...
...web app I've worked on is a payment platform called Novemberfirst.com, where I upgraded algorithms powering reliable and fast transfers of funds worldwide.
- Created eCommerce web apps for my clients' startups, enabling them to sell products online and boosting their sales capacity by at least 50%.
- Enhanced the responsiveness of my clients' websites, improving usability and attracting more customers.
- Fixed bugs in one of my client's websites by performing manual and automated QA testing. Developed automated testing code using technologies such as Jasmine.
- Developed at least seven REST API integrations with Venteur's partners, expanding the array of offered insurance services to their customers. This way, their product became more competitive, increasing the ability to attain new customers.
- Improved the app's exception or error handling, making debugging easier, hence becoming more stable. This was crucial to helping the app become more reliable for its users.
- Performed code reviews from code written by my colleagues, spotting a few potential bugs.
Senior Software Developer
Abruzzi Spur Holdings LLC
- Assisted the client in finding the right tools for performing data analytics on real-time data streamed from a 3rd-party API for trading options.
- Developed a UI in React that presented—in a readable manner—cryptic real-time data streamed from a 3rd-party API using web sockets. The front end is customizable: it can show/hide columns, search data in any table cell, or expand columns.
- Contributed to the front-end solution, which helped the client in enhancing investment strategies offered to final customers through a subscription-based service.
Senior Software Engineer
- Increased the company's sales by roughly 15% by implementing currency exchange functionalities solicited by customers using the Financial Information eXchange (FIX) protocol.
- Implemented optimal levels of forex trading margins, which resulted in the company earning a top competitive position in Denmark's fintech sector.
- Boosted the payment platform's robustness, reliability, and precision by developing front- and back-end unit testing, integration tests, and end-to-end tests.
- Enhanced the company's ability to treat cancer by improving the radiation precision of its flagship radiotherapy solution, ExacTrac, by 8%.
- Rewrote the C++ controller software of a robot that records and reproduces breathing patterns from patients' lungs, improving its precision by 51%.
- Improved ExacTrac's quality standards by performing both manual and automatic quality assurance tests on its core functionalities, including its patient monitoring precision for radiotherapy.
Arca Análisis Económico
- Co-founded the company's core business and wealth management unit by developing its framework, where more than $7 million was managed.
- Outperformed major fixed-income benchmark indexes through the creation of an experimental proprietary investment strategy.
- Implemented trading algorithms with Excel VBA while exploiting Bloomberg's API capabilities. Such algorithms sought to cherry-pick undervalued fixed-income securities, boosting investment returns by at least 2% annually.
Econoinvest Casa de Bolsa, C.A.,
- Established an online brokerage by developing a web application that enabled our clients' online trading of financial securities.
- Increased the company's client acquisition ability by 70% by developing a web application allowing settlers to constitute their trusts online.
- Took part in a team responsible for more than $200 million in assets under management and structured the investment portfolios with bonds and stocks in line with our clients' investment policy statements.
- Developed quantitative models for measuring portfolio performance and evaluating fundamentals concerning stocks and bonds for prudential asset allocations.
Payment Platform Enhancementhttps://app.novemberfirst.com/
I recreated the payment platform in a way that it could perform quote and trade requests, as well as process the respective responses in a faster and more stable fashion. The code was also rendered more maintainable and scalable so that further enhancements could be done more efficiently. A wider array of functionalities were added to the trading platform, including dealing with requests for quotes (RFQ) and market data simultaneously, enabling the trading of SPOT, TOD, and TOM orders, and handling express payments.
The offering of these new functionalities solicited by customers and the fueling of the number of transactions they perform on the platform led to a significant increase in the number of new account openings and, consequently, in the company's revenue by at least 12%.
ExacTrac: Image Registration Algorithmhttps://www.brainlab.com/radiosurgery-products/exactrac/
With this method, we found significant discrepancies in the pixel patterns between the algorithm's results and my unit testing method's results. Handling such discrepancies increased by roughly 8% of the algorithm's precision, which led to better radiotherapy irradiation beam precision when targeting tumors in patients with cancer and to better cancer treatment solutions offered by Brainlab.
Online Bookstore | An eCommerce Web App
• A React storefront that powers the front end with the interface where users can browse and place orders.
• A React dashboard where managers can oversee the inventory, fulfill orders, manage users, and more.
• A Python API that stores and provides inventory and user data and powers the required back-end functionality.
Both the storefront and the dashboard communicate with the API to receive and store inventory and user data.
This project is based on Saleor's successful open source platform (https://saleor.io/).
Project details under NDA.
Online Trading Platform
A Trading Algorithm
To accomplish this, financial data from hundreds of companies were downloaded through the Bloomberg platform using its proprietary API, which was fed into the Excel models I created. An algorithm ran using such data powered by Excel VBA to aid in analyzing huge amounts of data. An array of charts was also created to assist in the process of selecting the undervalued financial securities.
In addition to picking undervalued fixed-income securities, they also had to be tailored to the financial needs and goals of our clients for whom we designed the investment portfolios. The aforementioned algorithm, at the same time, was responsible for this sort of tailoring.
An Algorithm to Solve Rubik’s Cube
Rubik's Cube has an astronomical number of ways it can be permuted, and the code had to be efficient with time and memory usage. I used C++ due to its high level of performance and control with which the programmer can manage the memory. The path-finding algorithm known as A*, i.e., A Star, was one of the main actors of this solution and worked especially well with this kind of problem.
After code optimizations, tests, and refactoring, a robustly designed program was devised that could solve any shuffled instance of Rubik's cube using an acceptable amount of time and memory.
Web-based Loan Calculators
As a full-stack developer, I created these calculators and presented them in a user-friendly UI within the web app.
Intelligent Trading Systemhttps://www.amazon.com/-/es/Juan-C-Arismendi/dp/3659056383
The system would be fed with the trading patterns of such investor and back-tested to ensure consistency. It was also tested against real-time forward-looking data.
A book was then published following its success. A link to the book is shown in the project URL.
ASP.NET, .NET, .NET 4, Django, Next.js, Tailwind CSS, .NET Core, ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core, Bootstrap, Entity, Angular, OAuth 2, MUI (Material UI), Redux, Jest
BloomAPI, React, REST APIs, Web API, Node.js, Google Sheets API, Entity Framework, Stripe
Visual Studio, Microsoft Excel, Excel 2013, Bloomberg, Google Sheets, MATLAB, Git, GitHub, MATLAB Neural Network Toolbox, Jira, Postman
Data Science, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST, Model View Controller (MVC), Desktop App Development, Requirements Analysis, Testing, Unit Testing, Azure DevOps, DevOps, Object-relational Mapping (ORM)
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Web, WordPress, Desktop, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle, New Relic, Oracle Database
APIs, Quantitative Analysis, Algorithmic Trading, Fixed Income, eCommerce, Investment Analysis, Front-end, Back-end, Modeling, Full-stack, Web Applications, Consulting, IT Consulting, Reusable Libraries, Full-stack Development, Web Development, Web App Development, Server-side Rendering (SSR), Windows 10, Data Analysis, UI Development, Front-end Development, Data Analytics, Data Processing, Data, Algorithms, Dashboards, Optimization, Application State Management, API Integration, User Interface (UI), Machine Learning, Integration Testing, QA Testing, Neural Networks, Integration, User Management, Client Portals, API Connectors, Data Engineering, Data Processing Automation, Design, Artificial Intelligence (AI), SaaS, Code Review, .NET 6
MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, JSON, NoSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS SQL Server
Master's Degree in Finance
IESA School of Management - Caracas, Venezuela
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Simon Bolivar University - Caracas, Venezuela
Danish PD3 Certificate
Udlændinge- og Integrationsministeriet
telc German B2 Certificate
telc – Language Tests
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)