Software Consultant2016 - PRESENTSelf-employed
- Created eCommerce web apps for my clients' startups, enabling them to sell products online and boosting their sales capacity by at least 50%.
- Enhanced the responsiveness of my clients' websites, improving usability and attracting more customers.
- Fixed bugs in one of my client's websites by performing manual and automated QA testing. Developed automated testing code using technologies such as Jasmine.
Developer2023 - 2023Abruzzi Spur Holdings LLC
Technologies: Node.js, React, Next.js, TypeScript, API Integration, Machine Learning, Data Analysis, MongoDB, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Assisted the client in finding the right tools for performing data analytics on real-time data streamed from a 3rd-party API for trading options.
- Developed a UI in React that presented—in a readable manner—cryptic real-time data streamed from a 3rd-party API using web sockets. The front end is customizable: it can show/hide columns, search data in any table cell, or expand columns.
- Contributed to the front-end solution, which helped the client in enhancing investment strategies offered to final customers through a subscription-based service.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2019November First
- Increased the company's sales by roughly 15% by implementing currency exchange functionalities solicited by customers using the Financial Information eXchange (FIX) protocol.
- Implemented optimal levels of forex trading margins, which resulted in the company earning a top competitive position in Denmark's fintech sector.
- Boosted the payment platform's robustness, reliability, and precision by developing front- and back-end unit testing, integration tests, and end-to-end tests.
Software Engineer2013 - 2016Brainlab
Technologies: C++, ASP.NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#, Visual Studio, Manual QA, Desktop App Development, Desktop, Full-stack Development, ASP.NET MVC
- Enhanced the company's ability to treat cancer by improving the radiation precision of its flagship radiotherapy solution, ExacTrac, by 8%.
- Rewrote the C++ controller software of a robot that records and reproduces breathing patterns from patients' lungs, improving its precision by 51%.
- Improved ExacTrac's quality standards by performing both manual and automatic quality assurance tests on its core functionalities, including its patient monitoring precision for radiotherapy.
Chief Analyst2010 - 2012Arca Análisis Económico
Technologies: Bloomberg API, Bloomberg Terminal, Excel VBA, Algorithmic Trading, Modeling, Fixed Income, Microsoft Excel, Data Analysis, Data Science, Data Analytics, Data Processing, Data Engineering, Data Processing Automation
- Co-founded the company's core business and wealth management unit by developing its framework, where more than $7 million was managed.
- Outperformed major fixed-income benchmark indexes through the creation of an experimental proprietary investment strategy.
- Implemented trading algorithms with Excel VBA while exploiting Bloomberg's API capabilities. Such algorithms sought to cherry-pick undervalued fixed-income securities, boosting investment returns by at least 2% annually.
Investment Analyst2007 - 2010Econoinvest Casa de Bolsa, C.A.,
- Established an online brokerage by developing a web application that enabled our clients' online trading of financial securities.
- Increased the company's client acquisition ability by 70% by developing a web application allowing settlers to constitute their trusts online.
- Took part in a team responsible for more than $200 million in assets under management and structured the investment portfolios with bonds and stocks in line with our clients' investment policy statements.
- Developed quantitative models for measuring portfolio performance and evaluating fundamentals concerning stocks and bonds for prudential asset allocations.