Senior Ruby Developer2019 - PRESENTThirdspacelearning LTD
Technologies: Docker, SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Node.js, Sinatra, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Maintained a monolith Ruby on Rails app developed in the last five years by a previous team.
- Designed a tool to automate the developer to start working on the platform, cloning the repository, creating the database, importing a staging dump, setting up the developer environment and check the status of the platform locally.
- Implemented several new features to keep the app up-to-date with the support team requirements.
- Designed the new version of the edtech platform app to break the monolith in several different RoR API services (user management, bookings, sessions, reports, and contracts).
- Maintained the testing framework for the edtech platform, almost 100 new tests added and more than 200 tests updated.
Main Developer2006 - 2019Hgo Srl
- Designed and built, from scratch, the framework for both the back end (PHP) and the front end (jQuery) of a complete ERP system currently used by thousands of customers across Italy.
- Designed and built an ecosystem of microservices with Ruby on Rails to create a series of services related to the CMS and eCommerce.
- Designed and build the communication API with PHP for the ERPapp for the new reactive front end app.
- Supported the front end team with the initial test of the new frontend.
- Introduced the TDD methodology across the company.
- Introduced the Agile methodology across the company.