Java Developer in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Freelance Developer2015 - 2016Austrian Institute of Technology (Freelance)
Technologies: Java, Postgres, Maven, Hibernate, Spring, Wicket, MATLAB
- Implemented a web application to facilitate the configuration, running, and reporting of energy consumption simulation using an existing MATLAB program.
Software Architect2012 - 2015BDEV
Technologies: Cassandra, Java, MySQL, Hibernate, Spring, C#, CXF
- Performed analysis of architectures and use of technologies in company applications.
- Implemented application modeling and development for traceability of medical products for ANVISA (Brazil).
- Developed a model for traceability systems for ANMAT, SENASA and SEDRONAR (Argentina).
- Created a client contact point.
- Worked as a code reviewer.
- Did database modeling and architecture design.
Back-End Developer2011 - 2012Avature
Technologies: Java, PHP, MySQL, Hibernate, Spring
- Created designs for web crawlers.
- Developed 3rd party business software integration into self-developed software.
- Chip Authentication Program For Mobile Phones (Development)https://bitbucket.org/gcastigl/uas-master-thesis
This is my master thesis. It was implemented for Austria Card Company while studying at UAS Technikum Wien. This thesis consists of a software implementation for enabling the usage of contactless banking cards (EMV) with Android smartphones through NFC communication.
The developed application is capable of creating offline generated TAN (OTP) for authentication of transactions though online banking.
- Angular Hibernate Web QuickStart (Development)https://bitbucket.org/gcastigl/angular_hibernate_web_quickstart
This project was developed as a quick-start template for a Java web project development. This application uses the following technologies:
1. Maven - Dependency management.
2. JPA (Hibernate) - Persistence layer.
3. Spring - Dependency injection, etc.
4. JUnit, Hamcrest - Testing.
5. Jersey - Web Server Controller.
6. AngularJS - Web View.
7. Log4j - Logging.
8. Jetty - Servlet engine.
- Image Processing & Analysis (Development)https://bitbucket.org/gcastigl/ati
This project is a standalone command line application that implements many of the most commonly used algorithms for image treating and analysis (i.e.: Photoshop's or Picasa's processing options).
This project was developed for my university (ITBA) for one of the image treatment courses.
- AIS (Development)https://bitbucket.org/gcastigl/ais
A general purpose library for working with genetic algorithms and feed-forward neural networks. This application was implemented for the artificial intelligence course at my university.
- Stenography (Development)https://github.com/gcastigl/stenography
This is a C++ developed project that makes use of several cryptography methods such as: AES-128, AES-192, AES-256, and DES with configurable cipher modes: ECB, CFB, OFB, and CBC for hiding information inside BMP images.
LanguagesJava, C, Haskell, Kotlin, C++
FrameworksJPA, Spring, Hibernate, Unity3D, Jersey, JUnit, AngularJS, Spring Boot, Spring MVC
Libraries/APIsJoda-Time, Guava, jQuery, RxJava, Facebook Open Graph API, Node.js
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming
PlatformsUbuntu, Android, CUDA
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra
OtherArtificial Intelligence (AI)
ToolsMaven, RxAndroid, Gradle
- Master of Science in Engineering in Computer Science (Double Degree Program)2015 - 2016University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien - Austria, Vienna
- Master's degree in Informatics and Computing Engineering2009 - 2015Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires - Buenos Aires, Argentina