Gorjan is an iOS lead developer with a demonstrated history working on computer software. This experience mainly consists of iOS development, Xcode, publishing to the App Store, continuous integration, Agile methodology, and Git. Gorjan believes that the keys to successfully working remotely with a client are exceptional availability/communication, professionalism, and positivity in the face of challenges.
ExperienceGit - 6 yearsiOS - 5 yearsAlamofire - 5 yearsAuto Layout - 5 yearsSwift - 5 yearsiOS Animations - 4 yearsScrum - 4 yearsContinuous Integration (CI) - 2 years
SourceTree, Xcode, iOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is AirCare Air Quality, a very popular app in Macedonia—it collects data from weather stations and raised awareness about air pollution.
Senior iOS Engineer
- Maintained the iOS application stability and kept up with the newest iOS version updates.
- Designed and implemented an ad system that supports the integration of multiple ad vendors.
- Replaced the legacy messaging framework along with adding an abstraction layer for the new one.
- Built an in-app purchase service that supports auto-renewable subscriptions.
- Worked with the Scrum methodology and Jira for efficient work progress.
- Worked on integrating various mediated and direct ad vendors.
Lead iOS Engineer
- Developed a package-delivery app and package-tracking app.
- Worked with Scrum methodology and Jira for efficient work progress.
- Refactored legacy iOS code from the previous developer in order to meet higher quality standards.
- Maintained and optimized existing applications.
- Established the company's best coding practices and rules for iOS.
- Built an iOS internship training program.
- Mentored iOS interns.
- Helped improve the original user experience and layout with personal suggestions.
- Scheduled weekly meetings for iOS technology new features and improvements.
- Coordinated a team of five people.
iOS Developer | Co-founder
- Created an app providing detailed and understandable air quality data to the citizens of Macedonia from 17 different measuring stations.
- Cooperated with local government institutions to gather relevant data.
- Won six awards (EcoAward, Twitter Mobile Awards, Site of the Year awards).
Web Factory LLC
- Developed an application for listing and posting stolen bikes with collaboration from the local police.
- Created a reusable custom transition animation.
- Built an Instagram-like project example for demonstrating the implementation of smooth scrolling.
- Contributed to the company's best practices for iOS development.
- Researched new Swift features, libraries, and architectures.
- Maintained relationships with clients.
- Worked with Scrum methodology for efficient work progress.
A Team Classes
- Taught the courses of Algorithms and Data Structures, Structural Programming, Web Development, and Object-oriented Programming.
- Built a training program for each course.
- Adjusted my way of knowledge transfer according to the individual student.
- Kept all of the training programs up to date.
- Helped many students to pass their final exams.
TimeStamp Keyboard (via Toptal)https://apps.apple.com/us/app/timestamp-keyboard/id1363760897
An iOS keyboard with customizable time and date stamps.
• Improved keyboard extension and app performance.
• Implemented a new feature for user-programmable stamps with 56 stamps option.
• Implemented auto-renewable subscription for the 56 stamps feature.
• Reduced the overall RAM usage.
• Discovered and fixed memory leaks.
• Fixed existing bugs.
An iOS insurance application that helps the user to purchase insurance policies, displaying a branch's locations, giving the contact page, among other features.
• Solely developed this iOS application.
Revim | Reverse Image Search
A fully native iOS application that lets you search by images, instead of keywords.
• Invented the idea.
• Designed all the graphics.
• Developed, tested, and deployed this application.
Vikni Taksi is an iOS app that provides information and contact numbers for all of the cab companies located in Skopje, Macedonia. This project aimed to provide fair prices and easy accessibility to people in need of a Skopje cab.
• Developed the iOS application.
iOS Animation | Open Source Contributionshttps://github.com/sukov/DJKFlipper
An iOS Swift library for Flipboard-like animations.
• Added an option to change the flip direction from left-to-right to top-to-bottom.
• Refactored most of the code.
• Formatted the code.
• Fixed bugs.
A personalized news aggregator iOS application with multiple customizing options. This is the first application in Macedonia representing a comprehensive source of information.
• Developed the iOS application.
iOS Swift Animated Progress Bar Libraryhttps://github.com/sukov/WaveProgressView
A CocoaPods library for an animated progress bar in Swift.
• Invented the idea.
• Developed and published this library.
• An Android social network application for listing business events with specific categories and food preferences.
• Configured the remote server.
• Developed the Laravel REST API.
An iOS application that lets you search the Bible with custom queries, customized style settings, and the ability to add/remove favorite articles.
• Solely developed the application.
• Implemented the flip-board animation for scrolling.
Driving License Testing Websitehttps://vozacka.weebly.com/
A fully-responsive driving license test website. The only purpose of the site was to help the community to learn the test questions more easily and interactively.
• Came up with the project idea.
• Solely developed the site.
• Came up with the app idea.
• Developed the app.
Working With Bytes in Swift 4 (Publication)https://medium.com/@gorjanshukov/working-with-bytes-in-ios-swift-4-de316a389a0c
An iOS application that lists the startup accelerators near your location and provides an option to view their details and contact information.
• Solely developed the app.
Eberza | Web Development
An auction-based system for crowdfunding discounts. The project is a Laravel supported website with recommendation-based user registration and hierarchical discount calculations.
• Partnered with two team members on the design, system logic, definition of service layers, REST services, route definitions, and model mapping with Eloquent ORM for the database.
Alamofire, SnapKit, CocoaPods, Fabric, Google Maps, Apple Maps API, jQuery
Xcode, Crashlytics, Auto Layout, Git, SourceTree, GitHub, Apple Push Notifications, Jira, Google Analytics, Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), Fastlane, Cron
iOS, Firebase, Keychain
Laravel, OAuth 2, Core Data, Bootstrap
Agile Software Development, Scrum, Kanban, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration (CI)
App Store Acceptance Process, SSH, Software Architecture, Multithreading, iOS Animations, KeychainSwift, Server Configuration, Shell Scripting
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering — Skopje - Skopje, Macedonia
Economic Technician Degree in Economy
Economy High School "Vasil Antevski Dren" - Skopje, Macedonia