Guilherme Janssens Akrouch
Verified Expert in Engineering
Halfway from graduating in computer engineering, Guilherme started a tech company with three other partners to solve local companies' problems by developing high-tech solutions. That allowed him to dig deep into the latest technologies and learn how to work in and manage a squad. Guilherme has acquired high-quality skills in software architecture and mobile cross-platform development with Flutter and has been highly exposed to back-end development throughout the four years.
Slack, ClickUp, GitLab, GitHub, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Discord, Postman, Notion
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a corporate travel and expense app called Ada Travel Tech that serves as a virtual enterprise travel agency.
Expert Interview Engineer
- Acted as the interview engineer by learning the necessary methodology of the interviewing process and showing concise algorithm solving and coding skills.
- Performed 50+ interviews with different developers from all over the world, applying to various fields for other companies.
- Became an expert interview engineer by showing concise knowledge of the methodology and providing excellent candidate experience and communication through the interviews.
Spots Soluções em Tecnologia
- Collaborated with three other engineers on designing the systems for our restaurant-independent-delivery system, utilizing crucial system design skills to accomplish a scalable application able to support 1000+ simultaneous restaurants.
- Partnered with our client's hardware engineering team to design an effective hardware-software system to consume and present telemetry data collected from hardware boards installed in the client's 300+ claw machines.
- Partnered with a travel agency's TI team to identify problems in the corporate travel world to be fixed with our solution. This partnership allowed the team to architect a highly scalable application that can support enterprise-level companies.
Senior Flutter Engineer
Spots Soluções em Tecnologia
- Developed and published a mobile cross-platform application utilizing Flutter (iOS and Android) for our restaurant-independent-delivery system.
- Developed and published a mobile cross-platform application utilizing Flutter to integrate with our client's telemetry system, allowing their staff to have real-time control over the company's claw machines' operation.
- Developed a cross-platform application utilizing Flutter to serve as the mobile client of our latest startup project, called Ada Travel Tech, which serves as a self-managed corporate travel agency.
Ada Travel Tech
I developed the mobile app, which currently possesses multiple finished modules but has not been released yet. Among all the functionalities, it seems relevant to highlight the push notifications for both Android and iOS and peripherals integrations, like the camera for reading receipts or taking pictures. The app also provides functionality to determine whether the device is still connected to the internet, notifying the user not to proceed with any trip creation process that depends on third-party APIs (car rentals, airline companies, or hotel providers).
Utilizing Python, I developed an OCR for reading Brazilian-type receipts. With Google's OCR, I can identify the amount spent and the company's unique ID and address, contributing to our expense module.
Telemetry Data Consuming Application for Claw Machines
The system consisted of consuming data derived by microcontrollers installed in the machines provided by the company. The API would communicate with the front-end mobile and web applications and provide real-time data about the statuses of the machines and other data like prizes sold and plays.
Specifically, my job was to implement the mobile application (iOS and Android) with Flutter and build the AWS Lambda function in Python that received the telemetry logs directly from the microchips, adding them to the database (MongoDB) to be utilized by the RestAPI and provide data to the front-ends.
I contributed to an iOS and Android cross-platform Flutter-based mobile app by providing all necessary functionalities for users to order the food, properly integrating it with our API developed by another team in the company. Also, I deployed the mobile applications in Google Play Console and App Store Connect. In addition to that, I assisted in the system's architecture, raising requirements, and modeling the database.
Reverse Lagrangian Modelhttps://gitlab.com/Akrouch/reverse-lagrangian-model
The algorithm started with the coordinates the stranded animal was found and mathematically backtracked its location to an input number of days utilizing open-source data of Brazil's coast ocean currents.
The database was built from open-source data created by the project OSCAR from NASA, and the algorithm implemented the Lagrangian model reverse.
This project was part of my final thesis in 2020, so I was the only contributor to the project covering all aspects of it.
The app consists of custom assessments built by these corporations to be taken by their employees. The app builds each assessment based on its components, varying from voice recording to multi-choice questions.
My involvement was mostly in the app's UI with the proper state management and its integration with the client's back-end application.
Tea Dating Advicehttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/tea-dating-advice/id6444453051
I was responsible for developing the whole application from scratch with all the necessary features: real-time chat, push notifications, dynamic links, etc.
Consultant for a Flutter team
REST APIs, Node.js
Cross-platform, Mobile Development, Agile, Agile Project Management, App Development, Testing, Web Application Architecture
Mobile, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), iOS, Android, Jupyter Notebook, Firebase
JSON, MongoDB, Cloud Firestore, NoSQL
Algorithms, System Design, Interviewing, Communication, System Requirements, Software Architecture, APIs, Architecture, Technical Leadership, Mobile Apps, Front-end Development, IT Project Management, Leadership, Mobile App Development, Code Review, API Integration, ClickUp, Agile Sprints, Scrum Master, Google Play Console, App Store, Team Leadership, Technical Hiring, Geolocation, Technical Architecture, Design, Discord, Web Applications, Software QA, Data Modeling, Web App Development, Team Management, Mobile UI, Mobile UX
Slack, GitLab, GitHub, Postman, Notion, Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), Figma
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
University of the Itajaí Valley - Itajaí, SC, Brazil