Verified Expert in Engineering
MacBook, Linux, eCommerce, Back-end Development, Node.js, Heroku, GitHub, Software Troubleshooting, Database Design, PostgreSQL
The most amazing...
...eCommerce platform I've developed is Desertcart.com, which has a catalog of 100 million+ products and ships to 162 countries.
- Designed and developed the COD payment method on the checkout page, which increased the number of orders by 20% per week.
- Initiated Desertcart (DC) fulfillment warehouse services, such as storage, inventory tracking, order management, unpacking, packing, delivery, and order tracking for third-party eCommerce platforms.
- Implemented order processing pipeline at company warehouses to process product unpacking, picking and packing. Scaled the pipeline to 15+ distribution, consolidation and fulfillment centers across 4 different countries.
- Integrated APIs from courier companies, such as DHL Express, FedEx, USPS, and UPS, to automate shipment creation and tracking. Also, developed a rule-based system that determines which courier service is the most cost-effective for a given shipment.
- Designed and developed the Plus Membership feature, a recurring subscription shipping service for customers. To date, 7% of the total customer base has subscribed to the service.
- Implemented a system-wide one-time-password (OTP) API to access system resources, such as login, password reset, third-party order pages, checkout confirmation, and COD order confirmation.
- Designed and developed a bank deposit transaction (BDT) payment method on the checkout page, which increased the number of orders by 5% per week.
- Implemented a highly scalable, system-wide, easy-to-use, extensible, and multichannel (SMS and email) notification module, using Sidekiq.
- Served as a developer and made key architectural and technology decisions for Student-Alert, a workflow management and communication tool for schools and parents.
- Worked on fieldzipper.com, a location-based mobile resource management tool that allows businesses to locate, monitor, and communicate with their mobile field workers.
- Implemented a highly customized, drag-and-drop form-builder API to receive form data and use webhooks to forward the submitted data.
- Built a staging and production environment to automate deployments and speed up the development process.
- Collaborated with numerous clients and management on requirements analysis and specification documents.
- Set up a horizontally scaled mobile app back end, using HAProxy, Nginx, and Redis to add new instances during runtime to mock a Heroku-like dynos scalable system.
- Developed and deployed online web apps using Ruby on Rails and AngularJS.
- Led the development of an online Catholic conference and speaker talks platform from scratch.
- Scaled a web-based, bulk SMS management tool to run extensive SMS campaigns for 4.7 million users across Pakistan.
- Implemented the back end of a mobile social network platform. This involved implementing and customizing XMPP's Tigase implementation for front-end web and mobile clients.
- Maintained a matriculation result announcement service over SMS short code and used Redis and caching to scale the system for more than one million users.
Naive Bayes Classifierhttps://github.com/wonderer007/Naive-Bayes-classifier
Ruby on Rails (RoR), XMPPFramework, React Native
Node.js, React, Sidekiq, Ruby on Rails API, Ruby ERB, Sockets
GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Cloud66, RSpec, Capistrano
Agile, Database Design, Object-oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD), Scrum, Compiler Design
AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, New Relic, Web, Amazon EC2, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Engine Yard, Android, iOS, OTP
PostgreSQL, Redis, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), SQL Performance
eCommerce, Scraping, API Integration, APIs, Back-end, Full-stack Development, Back-end Development, Software Troubleshooting, Project Scoping, AWS Certified Developer, Dry-rb, Indexing, Programming, Operating Systems, Search, Amazon RDS, Optimization, Warehouses, XMPP, Tigase, Openfire, Cloud Computing, Data Structures, Architecture, Algorithms, Information Retrieval, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning, Distributed Systems, Front-end, Classification Algorithms, Naive Bayes, SMS, Email
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences (FAST) - Lahore, Pakistan
Redis Labs | RU201: RediSearch