Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTDesertcart
Technologies: React, Redis, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), SQL, Sidekiq, Ruby on Rails (RoR), APIs, API Integration, SMS, Email, OTP
- Designed and developed the COD payment method on the checkout page, which increased the number of orders by 20% per week.
- Initiated Desertcart (DC) fulfillment warehouse services, such as storage, inventory tracking, order management, unpacking, packing, delivery, and order tracking for third-party eCommerce platforms.
- Implemented order processing pipeline at company warehouses to process product unpacking, picking and packing. Scaled the pipeline to 15+ distribution, consolidation and fulfillment centers across 4 different countries.
- Integrated APIs from courier companies, such as DHL Express, FedEx, USPS, and UPS, to automate shipment creation and tracking. Also, developed a rule-based system that determines which courier service is the most cost-effective for a given shipment.
- Designed and developed the Plus Membership feature, a recurring subscription shipping service for customers. To date, 7% of the total customer base has subscribed to the service.
- Implemented a system-wide one-time-password (OTP) API to access system resources, such as login, password reset, third-party order pages, checkout confirmation, and COD order confirmation.
- Designed and developed a bank deposit transaction (BDT) payment method on the checkout page, which increased the number of orders by 5% per week.
- Implemented a highly scalable, system-wide, easy-to-use, extensible, and multichannel (SMS and email) notification module, using Sidekiq.
Software Engineer2015 - 20181st4Connect
- Served as a developer and made key architectural and technology decisions for Student-Alert, a workflow management and communication tool for schools and parents.
- Worked on fieldzipper.com, a location-based mobile resource management tool that allows businesses to locate, monitor, and communicate with their mobile field workers.
- Implemented a highly customized, drag-and-drop form-builder API to receive form data and use webhooks to forward the submitted data.
- Built a staging and production environment to automate deployments and speed up the development process.
- Collaborated with numerous clients and management on requirements analysis and specification documents.
Web Developer2014 - 2015Fuzati
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), MySQL, Redis, HTML, Ruby ERB, Cloud66, Ruby, Back-end
- Set up a horizontally scaled mobile app back end, using HAProxy, Nginx, and Redis to add new instances during runtime to mock a Heroku-like dynos scalable system.
- Developed and deployed online web apps using Ruby on Rails and AngularJS.
- Led the development of an online Catholic conference and speaker talks platform from scratch.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014SMSallXMPP
Technologies: Java, Redis, XMPP, Tigase, Openfire, Sockets, Back-end, SMS
- Scaled a web-based, bulk SMS management tool to run extensive SMS campaigns for 4.7 million users across Pakistan.
- Implemented the back end of a mobile social network platform. This involved implementing and customizing XMPP's Tigase implementation for front-end web and mobile clients.
- Maintained a matriculation result announcement service over SMS short code and used Redis and caching to scale the system for more than one million users.