Cloud Architect2016 - 2017Deloitte
Technologies: X.509 Certificates, Visual Studio Online (VSO), Message Bus, Vault, Compliance, Access Control, Microsoft Azure
- Reviewed and guided Azure implementation from a scalability and security standpoint, including service selection, best practices, and coaching.
- Recommended and implemented key vault secrets through automated deployment pipelines in Visual Studio Online.
- Used .NET C# to implement an image recognition and vectorization layer.
- Reviewed architecture of the overall system and various integration points and provided software architecture and infrastructure recommendations.
- Served as the cloud architect for a SOC2 compliance initiative for the system being built.
Enterprise Architect2011 - 2015Jackson Hewitt
Technologies: Couchbase, MuleSoft, ASP.NET, Model View Controller (MVC), Security, Message Bus, .NET
- Led a team of six developers and architected a large web application for online tax applications as part of a group of 100+ developers, testers, analysts, and contractors.
- Reversed engineered existing integration platforms, including BizTalk, custom ESB, complex tax processing platforms and APIs, and assessed multiple integration technologies, including MuleSoft, BizTalk, cloud ESBs, and TIBCO to provide a long-term integration strategy for the customer.
- Created designs, documented, and assisted in the implementation of multiple C# libraries to help the customer meet specific business objectives, including online tools and enhancements to existing internal applications.
- Provided advanced performance troubleshooting and hands-on resolution of critical database bottlenecks. Created a long-term monitoring and preparedness strategy including people, process, and technologies.
- Frequently interacted with the head of security to draft architectural guidance, implement secured production grade solutions, and facilitate deployment for disaster recovery capable solutions.
- Evaluated multiple NoSQL technologies as part of the customer's strategic assessments, with a focus on Couchbase.
Enterprise Architect2007 - 2010JM Family
Technologies: IBM MQ, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), IBM Db2, IBM DataPower, Microsoft SQL Server, Lawson M3, PeopleSoft, C#, .NET
- Led the technical implementation of an Azure project with advanced encryption and SAML tokens for federated authentication.
- Provided detailed integration architecture for PeopleSoft HR system outsourcing and led the technical project team.
- Developed new integration strategy for a mission-critical Lawson Financial system including IBM Data Power ESB appliance, web services, mainframe integration, and MQ series.
- Architected a mission-critical customer website redesign (80,000 monthly unique visitors); developed and deployed WCF services (geographically dispersed VSAM & DB2 data).
- Led the architecture of a data masking project including evaluation of Compuware and IBM; conducted large meetings to gather compliance, security, and operational requirements.
- Designed and participated in DMZ services for partner integration using SSL and X.509 certificates.
Director of Applications2006 - 2007Vista Health Plans Administrators
Technologies: SharePoint, C#, .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Coded and troubleshot advanced issues on key technologies including website SSL, database performance, indexing, and encryption.
- Owned and managed IT elements of enterprise projects including disaster recovery, CRM, and SharePoint deployments.
- Developed key elements of a CRM by tuning integration components, creating indexes on source and destination tables, and improving load times by 500% using Scribe.
- Guided, reviewed, and recommended promotions for staff; reported to the CIO weekly to discuss team objectives, status, and critical operational procedures.
Lead Architect2003 - 2006Campus Management Corp
Technologies: Testing, Encryption, Messaging, SQL, .NET
- Developed multiple enterprise components including encryption and C# web services.
- Created underlying C# classes used through inheritance by senior developers to implement rapid APIs to clients.
- Led the development of four portals in C# and SQL Server 2000; defined development guidelines, core routines, web pages, database stored procedures, and the security framework.
- Handled regression testing, performance, and product architecture including off-shore development and supervising and coaching a staff of ten architects and engineers.
- Owned quality and process improvement initiatives at the department level, including the successful deployment of the Microsoft Framework (MSF) and new quality metrics.
Architect2002 - 2003Unisys
Technologies: Storage, ES7000, Microsoft SQL Server
- Evangelized Microsoft datacenter programs to Unisys clients by creating vision architectures and deploying ES7000/EMC/Microsoft solutions in highly available SQL Server configurations for ERP and CRM applications.
- Presented enterprise IT infrastructure roadmaps and database consolidation strategies to senior executives as part of presales initiatives.
- Planned and executed software, databases, and BI performance engineering initiatives at Unisys and Microsoft labs on ES7000 32-CPU technology.
Principal Consultant1995 - 2001PricewaterhouseCoopers
Technologies: MSMQ, DCOM, SQL, VB
- Architected and managed a large distributed database network of more than 80 installations worldwide, supporting over 40,000 users with centralized data-marts and reporting capabilities on SQL Server, supervising a staff of twelve.
- Developed a decision support system (DSS) used to create key performance indicators for the retail industry using VB6 and SQL Server 6.5.
- Created a rules engine to abstract the calculation of rules in VB6.
- Built software solutions for full life cycle initiatives including decision support systems, VRU, OLTP, OLAP, internet applications, and enterprise-wide, global solutions.
- Managed internal staff and contractors for many projects, including Y2K remediation plans, quality assurance, and process improvement initiatives.