Machine Learning Expert for Data Science PoC2021 - PRESENTbreadcrumbdata
Technologies: TensorFlow, Keras, Variational Autoencoders, anomaly detetection
- Developed an autoencoder to detect anomalies in torque and current readings for a production mill. Trained autoencoder on non-event data, found what is not matching behavior as an event.
- Built a solution with MQTT to obtain data and perform inference.
- Supervised other developers to work on deployment and built similar models.
GIS Platform Architect / Engineer2021 - PRESENTBirch Infrastructure, PBLLC
Technologies: Python, Data Build Tool (DBT), Prefect, ArcGIS
- Replicated data from Velocity Suite to BigQuery, performed many ETL operations, and generated materialized views using DBT.
- Converted geospatial data from shapefiles into BigQuery spatial.
- Generated a materialized view of LMP prices with weather information, updated hourly.
- Created Prefect flows to create jobs for data scrapping and downloading from various sources into BigQuery.
- Created APIs to perform data downloads from various sources like FRED, LMP prices, and other spatial data sources.
Developer2020 - PRESENTToptal Client
Technologies: Language Models, BERT, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Python 3, PyTorch
- Created an API for a chatbot to train medical students with virtual patients for the Meksi project in Sydney.
- Used pre-trained BERT models with examples sent from the client.
- Created an API to infer the intent from user inquiries.
- Built a chatbot using the intent classifier, Named Entity Recognition (NER).
- Merged the Bert Response with an IBM Watson assistant response based on confidence to identify the intent. The results were 97% accurate across 512 intents.
Machine Learning to Build Seismic Activity Classifier2019 - PRESENTToptal Project
Technologies: Computer Vision, Deep Learning, Dlib, OpenCV, Qt, C++, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, Python
- Converted seismic traces into the spectrogram to be used with image detection, a Resnet50 model.
- Built a multi-input model with the height of the event as an embedding input and spectrogram as the second input. The model and approach will be published in the scientific journal Bulletin of Seismological Society of America.
- Deployed the model successfully, and it is planned to go into production in 2020.
Machine Learning Consultant2015 - PRESENTGlobal Unmanned System
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), ArcPy, Point Clouds, Amazon SageMaker, 3D Image Processing, Image Processing, Predictive Analytics, Computer Vision, ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET, PyTorch, Data Science, GIS, MySQL, Agile Software Development, Deep Learning, AWS, Git, Scikit-learn, XGBoost, Keras, OpenCV, R, Python
- Developed algorithms to estimate above ground biomass using point cloud data from drone images.
- Created object detection software for sealion detection in drone images.
- Classified images for Sandalwood detection in drone images.
- Developed various image analysis software for drone images using OpenCV.
- Created various GIS applications for satellite images and point cloud data.
- Developed program to help ship berthing at Fremantle Port using slam algorithm and graph network.
- Gathered requirements, and met with mine managers and refineries to learn their problem and find possible projects.
Senior Data Scientist2018 - 2020Freelance Work
Technologies: Transformer Models, Language Models, BERT, Reinforcement Learning, Uniformance Process History Database (PHD), OSI Model, Data Engineering, ArcPy, Point Clouds, RStan, Image Processing, Predictive Analytics, Kubernetes, Microsoft Power BI, ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET, PyTorch, Data Science, GIS, SQL, Agile Software Development, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Statistical Learning, Databricks, Azure ML Studio, Microsoft Azure Machine Learning (ML), C++, R, Python
- Developed refineries predictive maintenance using machine learning in Databricks, Azure Machine Learning service, and Azure Machine Learning Studio.
- Built time series prediction using Keras and PyTorch for anomaly detection.
- Built time series prediction with LSTM/CNN using multivariate one-minute sensors data.
- Developed a PowerBI dashboard for mining with Fleet Management System.
- Built a sound and vibration equipment health using a convolution neural network.
- Managed external contractors to evaluate cloud technology and perform a proof-of-concept solution to common anomaly detection in time series data and apply it to all pumps in the refinery.
Senior Data Scientist2019 - 2019Western Power
Technologies: ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET, Data Science, GIS, Agile Software Development, Artificial Intelligence (AI), TensorFlow, Keras, Python
- Built energy demand time series prediction, using multivariate half-hourly input data using LSTM/CNN neural networks.
Senior Spatial Engineer2016 - 2018BHP
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloudera, Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), OSI Model, Data Engineering, Point Clouds, RStan, ArcGIS GeoEvent Server, 3D Image Processing, Redshift, Spotfire, Microsoft Power BI, Hadoop, ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET, GIS, SQL, Agile Software Development, Statistical Learning, RStudio Shiny, Kibana, Elasticsearch, AWS, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Git, Apache Kafka, C#, ArcPy, Keras, Python, Esri
- Helped big mining company to take advantage of its spatial data.
- Created driver behavior analysis software for mining operation.
- Worked with natural language processing with Keras.
- Developed various GIS projects using ArcPY, C#.
- Created predictive models using machine learning.
- Completed time series data analysis.
- Mounted edge devices on diggers in underground mine (Olympic Dam Mine) to classify the underground signs and determine if the bucket is full or empty.
- Built data pipeline using Java to take data from data logger through Kafka into Hadoop cluster.
- Gathered requirements, and me with mine managers and refineries to learn their problems and find possible projects.
- Developed R/Shiny dashboard for mining, hots pot of high rack events.
Senior Algorithm Engineer2014 - 2016Fugro
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Data Engineering, Point Clouds, ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET, GIS, SQL, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Statistical Learning, MATLAB, Julia, Esri, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Git, AWS, Python, C++
- Developed Image analysis software for underwater object detection.
- Processed point cloud data using C++/Python.
- Created an image classification for remote sensing lidar point cloud using Python running in AWS - Fugro Roames for Ergon.
- Created C++ numerical algorithms for echo sounder calculation.
- Created various Julia and R regression algorithms.
Senior GIS Developer2010 - 2014Department of Mines and Petroleum
Technologies: ArcPy, .NET, GIS, SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, TeamCity, Git, R, Python, GPS, Esri, C#
- Developed various GIS software to help surveyors in their work.
- Wrote classification and regression software.
- Developed GeoMap.WA which is used to display the department GIS products.
- Completed point cloud data analysis.
- Wrote various SQL server scripts to optimize retrieval of data.
Software Engineer2008 - 2010Western Power
Technologies: SQL, Java, SourceTree, Oracle, C++, C#, R
- Supported GIS software to show Western Power Assets in Western Australia.
- Created predictive models for wooden pole maintenance and inspection using R.
- Developed and helped in the establishment of wooden pole serviceability index.
- Wrote classification software.
- Wrote Oracle scripts to download data for Oracle reports and optimize database queries.
Senior Software Engineer2006 - 2008Comsec
Technologies: T-SQL, SQL, COM+, ASP, SourceTree, Java, .NET, C++
- Served as a senior software engineer and worked with various kinds of share trading software.
- Developed and designed NAB Equity Lending's online margin lending software.
- Supported various kinds of online trading software and managed funds.
- Created a SQL Server and Oracle database that shared procedures and database optimization.
- Participated in the design of NAB Equity Lending's migration to the Commsec Apollo project.
- Provided bug fixes and problem-solving for issues with trading software.
Senior Software Engineer2000 - 2006ERG
Technologies: T-SQL, SQL, PostgreSQL, Rational Rose, Case, C#, Oracle, C++
- Wrote Various C++, Java Applications for smart rider ticketing.
- Wrote transaction processing software.
- Supported existing software and bug fixes.
- Generated Oracle reports.
- Optimized various PL/SQL queries for reports.
Post Doctor1999 - 2000Columbia University, New York
Technologies: NAG Numerical Library, MATLAB, IMSL Numerical Libraries, Fortran, C++, LabVIEW
- Conducted research on the Columbia Linear Machine (CLM) as a postdoctoral research fellow at Columbia University.
- Supervised PhD and honor students and assisted with lectures and labs.
- Worked with LabVIEW on their National Instrument (NI) products control experiment.
- Looked after the lab supplies and placed orders to maintain operations.
- Wrote signal processing software (filtering) for probe measurements to remove noise.
- Wrote scientific papers and published the results of experiments.
Post Doctor1996 - 1999Flinders University of South Australia
Technologies: NAG Numerical Library, MATLAB, Fortran, LabWindows/CVI, Windows, C++
- Supervised PhD students and honour students during their studies.
- Wrote numerical analysis software for signal processing.
- Helped with lectures and lab tutorials and demonstrations.
- Maintained the lab by ordering supplies and repairs.
- Wrote scientific papers and published results of experiments.