Software Engineer2022 - PRESENTMeta
- Handled full-stack tasks, supporting and adding new features to the company's core financial products.
- Worked as a UI developer on an ongoing project. Added new pages and features to the application based on the mockups provided by designers.
- Migrated legacy React class-based components to functional features with hooks.
Software Engineer2021 - 2022Riptide (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Serverless, MySQL, Python, Flask, Node.js, Express.js, Git, React
- Implemented a real-time chat application back-end service using AWS Lambda and Amazon API Gateway's WebSocket.
- Introduced a new version of the legacy service and migrated the database from DynamoDB to MySQL.
- Supported and added new features to the existing web application back end using Node.js and Express.js web application frameworks.
Software Engineer2019 - 2021WorkSpan, United States
Technologies: Flask, Git, Google App Engine, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google Cloud Datastore, PostgreSQL, Spring, Java, Python
- Fixed bugs and supported the WorkSpan web application.
- Enhanced and added new features to the WorkSpan web application.
- Optimized the project's analytics module that pumps data from the Datastore (OLTP) to BigQuery (OLAP). Upgraded libraries to the newest versions, introducing non-backward compatible changes.
- Implemented a parallel execution flow to bulk import business objects from Excel files.
- Added logging to the background long-running processes to gain more insights into execution and display progress information to end-users.
- Rewrote a couple of legacy modules of the application to the Spring Framework and migrated data from the Datastore to the PostgreSQL database.
Software Engineer2020 - 2020Architise, Dubai (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MySQL, Angular, Express.js, Node.js, TypeScript
- Created an MVP product for a multi-cloud management web application during my four-month collaboration.
- Implemented integration with all three major cloud providers: AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Set up the infrastructure on AWS for the back and front end of the application.
- Implemented an automated CI/CD pipeline to automate the deployment process on GitLab.
Software Engineer2019 - 2019First Abu Dhabi Bank, United Arab Emirates (via Toptal)
Technologies: Git, TypeScript, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Spring, Docker, MySQL, Angular, Java
- Created the front end (Angular framework) and back end (Spring Boot framework) for an MVP of a single-page application (SPA) during my one-month collaboration.
- Implemented third-party REST and SOAP web service integrations.
- Created a Docker container image to simplify the local deployment process.
- Built and maintained the development environment in Azure Cloud.
Software Engineer2018 - 2019Mercury1, United Kingdom (via Toptal)
- Developed responsive web pages using the provided mockups during my one-year and one-month collaboration.
- Rebranded existing web pages according to the new design mockups.
- Created a REST API for server-side rendered web pages.
- Enhanced a REST API authorization filter and added an annotation-based access control policy.
- Optimized heavy database queries and reduced response time of REST API calls.
- Fixed bugs and supported the MyTutor web and ionic mobile application.
- Enhanced and added new features to the MyTutor web and Ionic mobile application.
Software Engineer2018 - 2018Wintec Industries, United States (via Toptal)
- Built a user management functionality with an Auth0 integration within my four-month collaboration.
- Implemented an email notification sending functionality using Amazon Simple Email Service (SES).
- Created HTML emails based on Mustache templates according to the provided design.
- Imported the provided raw data into a MySQL database and implemented a reporting functionality according to the predefined scenarios.
- Developed schedules based on AWS Lambda functions to automate raw data processing and transformation reports.
- Implemented a CI/CD pipeline based on the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) to automate the lambda functions deployment process.
- Established a CI/CD pipeline based on AWS EB CLI to automate the project deployment on AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Created and maintained the development environment in the AWS cloud.
Software Engineer2017 - 2018Ahatis, United States (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Spring, MySQL, Git, Java
- Implemented a bridge between two web platforms using the REST API as part of my five-month collaboration.
- Changed a user management functionality according to the new scenarios.
- Established symmetric data encryption using AES specifications.
- Created HTML email templates according to the new design.
- Built a schedule to run tasks in the background asynchronously. Independent tasks were executed concurrently using CompletableFuture and ThreadPoolExecutor classes.
- Integrated Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) using the AWS Java SDK.
- Built a task-list processing functionality using a depth-first search (DFS) algorithm. The task dependencies were organized in the form of a graph.
- Created an Auth0 platform social login integration.
- Implemented an automated CI/CD pipeline to automate the deployment process on AWS Beanstalk.
Software Engineer2017 - 2018Meta SaaS, United States (via Toptal)
Technologies: Spring, Java EE, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Java
- Scraped various websites to extract the required information as part of my one-year and five-month collaboration.
- Built integration libraries for REST and SOAP web services.
- Created integration libraries for websites using an OAuth 2.0 authentication flow.
- Reviewed and fixed bugs in existing integration libraries and other developers' source code.
Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2018National Agency of Public Registry of Georgia
- Developed and supported an online testing web application using MySQL database, Java, Struts 2 web framework, and jQuery/jQuery UI libraries.
- Supported a web-based case management system for the National Bureau of Enforcement of Georgia using Oracle PL/SQL, Java, the Spring Framework, RabbitMQ, and JAX-WS/JAX-RS libraries.
- Supported two Georgian web-based legal registry systems (one for real-estate and the other for legal entities) using Oracle PL/SQL, Java, and JAX-WS/JAX-RS libraries.
- Developed and supported a web-based state property registry and monitoring system of the National Agency of State Property of Georgia using Oracle PL/SQL, Java, the Spring Framework, and RabbitMQ.
- Constructed and supported a desktop-based PIN-pad payment terminal client using C# and a Windows Forms library.
- Built and supported more than one hundred SOAP and REST-based web services using the Spring Framework, JAX-WS/JAX-RS libraries, and Node.js.
- Screened and interviewed developers for the new projects.
Software Engineer2015 - 2017Fsolution, Georgia
- Developed and supported a web-based application for currency exchange offices using a PostgreSQL database, Java, Spring framework, Hibernate ORM framework, and Ext JS framework.
- Built a Windows service that watches the downloads directory and prints downloaded PDF files with a specific name pattern along with a system default printer.
- Developed a few web service integrations to retrieve currency rates.
- Created an automated CI/CD pipeline to automate the application's deployment process.
- Composed an automated backup schedule for database exports.
Assistant Lecturer2014 - 2015Free University of Tbilisi
Technologies: JSP, SQL, Java, Relational Databases
- Taught a class called Introduction to Databases covering SQL and the relational design principles.
- Taught a class called Object-oriented Programming covering Java and the object-oriented programming paradigm.
- Helped lecturers to verify the students' assignments.
Assistant Lecturer2011 - 2013Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
Technologies: C++, C
- Taught a class called Programming Basics covering C and the imperative programming paradigm.
- Taught a class called Object-oriented Programming covering C++ and the object-oriented programming paradigm.
- Helped lecturers to verify the students' assignments.
Software Engineer2008 - 2010Shape Services, Ukraine
Technologies: BlackBerry, CVS, Java ME, Java
- Supported a Blackberry IM+ chat application client using Java and the Blackberry API.
- Added VoIP call support to a Blackberry IM+ chat application client using Java and the Blackberry API.
- Developed and supported a Blackberry screenshot application using Java and the Blackberry API.