WordPress Developer2019 - PRESENTOxford Royale Academy
- Audited the performance on their main site, providing a list of actions to increase the speed of the current legacy theme with a focus on mobile.
- Implemented lazy loading for video and images.
- Rewrote code that could affect the site security into WordPress best practices.
- Created new interfaces for the editors to update the site data without requiring them to use HTML.
- Rewrote key page templates to be standard-compliant and performant.
- Established a deployment procedure alongside implementing the use of code repositories.
WordPress/PHP Developer2019 - PRESENTDPC Agency
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, Laravel, OctoberCMS
- Developed an import module for OctoberCMS to import user application data.
- Updated the data structure and validation for 2019 for a yearly application and judging process.
- Updated the design and copy on a theme for OctoberCMS.
- Debugged ad-hoc WordPress pages and updated work.
Freelance PHP Developer | Director2009 - PRESENTZoodo Web Development
Technologies: WordPress, Magento, PHP, CodeIgniter, Zend Framework, MySQL, Facebook, Twitter, CSS3, HTML5, jQuery, Mailchimp, Mandrill, Git
- Developed WordPress websites based on client-provided designs.
- Designed and developed a store using Magento.
- Created a WordPress-based document management application for business use.
- Added custom features such as review exporting to a bespoke PHP system for a subscription box website.
- Supported the main stakeholders on the day-to-day running of their websites as well as suggesting new features and providing project management services.
- Built a web application using CodeIgniter and Flash for creating and sending personalized Christmas postcards.
- Created a Facebook competition for a major cosmetic brand which also acted as a mini-CMS for the competition's section of the company's Facebook page.
- Developed a secure PHP scratchcard lottery application for a charity fundraiser.
- Implemented PSD designs into HTML5 and CSS3 compliant code.
- Developed a social media competition using a Zend Framework and Facebook APIs.
- Installed Google Analytics and optimized reports for troubleshooting issues.
- Created analytics dashboards and automated periodical reports for stakeholders.
- Implemented Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager.
WordPress Performance Optimization Expert2019 - 2019BEAM Interactive (via Toptal)
Technologies: WordPress, ACF Pro
- Identified performance bottleneck on the admin dashboards for a data-heavy custom post type.
- Developed a plugin to allow a read-only mode for ACF fields to optimize performance.
- Made adjustments to taxonomies and custom post type listings to improve performance.
- Audited the data importing process via the API to ensure the performance wasn't affected.
Magento Developer2018 - 2019The Source Snowboards and Skateboards
Technologies: Magento 1, PHP, ChainDrive, SEO
- Provided ongoing remote Magento support and development for a retailer of snowboards, skateboards, and other snow sports goods.
- Developed landing pages for promotions.
- Rationalized catalog rules and catalog organization for performance.
- Fixed Magento hiccups.
- Integrated the logistics and off-line store inventory software.
- Implemented changes to the theme and provided general support to the sales department.
- Conducted performance monitoring and optimization.
WordPress Developer2018 - 2018Pragmatic
- Worked on a variety of WordPress projects as part of an Agile Scrum team.
- Developed the front-end theme from Zeplin designs.
- Integrated with third-party APIs and WooCommerce both to acquire and send data.
- Added analytics features to AMP.
WordPress Developer (Contract)2018 - 2018Colart
Technologies: WooCommerce, WordPress, Symfony, Akeneo PIM, Microservices
- Developed with WordPress for the eCommerce branch of a popular art supplies brand.
- Built multilanguage WooCommerce-based sites for eCommerce for the various brands that fall under the Colart umbrella, on a WordPress MU environment.
- Integrated APIs for the logistics software using microservices.
- Constructed a proof of concept (PoC) of a B2B site integrating with logistics and CRM via APIs and microservices.
- Integrated WordPress with the PIM (product information management) system via APIs.
- Developed themes on customer-facing websites.
Freelance WordPress Developer2017 - 2018HyperGrid (via Toptal)
- Added and improved the functionality on the customer-facing website such as the home page, customizable landing pages, and the blog.
- Redeveloped the support portal from scratch using WordPress interacting with the Salesforce API.
- Overhauled the partner's portal which uses WordPress and is heavily integrated with Salesforce through APIs.
- Integrated HubSpot forms and the API to store customer data.
- Developed a comparison calculator from scratch using WordPress, third-party APIs and HubSpot API (available at CloudMadeClear.org).
- Migrated to the WordPress engine hosting and enabled HTTPS.
- Implemented development best practices such as Git repositories.
Senior WordPress Developer2017 - 2018Rehab London
Technologies: WordPress, WordPress API, PHP, MySQL, React, Facebook, WordPress VIP Go
- Developed the back end of a learning platform for Facebook, heavily using WordPress API.
- Supported front-end developers who were building the app on React.
- Designed the API and data models used to transform WordPress into a learning platform with multiple data formats.
- Integrated Facebook login and the Facebook account kit.
- Configured the application using WordPress MU so it can support multiple future locations and languages.
- Developed advanced features such as user quizzes, user dashboard to keep track of user progress, and achievements.
- Participated in HackWeek to generate new ideas to make the platform the most advanced learning platform in the market.
- Integrated WordPress content with the Facebook onsite messenger bot.
- Successfully passed Automattic's WordPress VIP Go code reviews, considered among the most demanding in the industry.
WordPress Developer2017 - 2017Chi/Donahoe (via Toptal)
- Followed up on a previous project for Smart Growth America to update some functionalities.
- Customized membership plugin search features to answer the client's requirements and filters.
WordPress Developer2017 - 2017Ministry of Justice UK
- Audited an existing intranet solution with a view to improving functionality and reducing technical debt.
- Added new features and fixed bugs on the existing intranet project.
- Planned the migration to a new version of the intranet, involving an almost full refactoring of the code base.
- Developed the back-end of the new intranet version alongside front-end developers.
- Supported the SysOps team on the migration to a new hosting provider.
Freelance Web Developer2016 - 2017Project - B
- Fixed a variety of existing issues with the monthly subscription box application.
- Integrated with the fulfillment center in order to allow for daily send of customer boxes, which used to be done manually once a month.
- Added a feature to send review reminders to customers daily, instead of manually once a month.
- Held an advisory role for technological decisions and development planning.
- Added features in order to add new products to the website, including one-off boxes instead of a subscription.
- Used Google Analytics to identify opportunities to increase conversion rates and improve user experience.
Freelance WordPress Developer2016 - 2016WestWing
- Implemented responsive alternative templates for specific sections of the site.
- Advised on the requirements for the product API in order to be consumed safely.
- Created additional configuration options for the new templates using ACF.
Freelance PHP/WordPress Developer2016 - 2016Chi/Donahoe (via Toptal)
- Created custom post types and functionality.
- Developed two bespoke WordPress themes with custom functionality.
- Created fully responsive HTML from PSD designs.
- Consulted on WordPress best practices and possible solutions for the brief.
WordPress Developer (Contract)2016 - 2016New Scientist (RBI Group)
- Optimized theme queries to reduce database loads.
- Added custom shortcodes to allow editors to use rich content on articles.
- Debugged API calls for the registration and login access.
- Customized the existing theme to allow for third-party analytics and ad-serving integration.
- Added a new functionality through custom WordPress plugins to the existing theme.
- Integrated a social login via Facebook and a Google API with custom authentication and credentials system.
Freelance PHP Web Developer2016 - 2016Breakthrough Media
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, AWS, jQuery, HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Git
- Created plugins to encapsulate features that could be used across a variety of different WordPress websites.
- Supported the front-end development team with any issues related to programming or databases.
- Developed a WordPress plugin for a flexible AJAX search using the WPSearch engine.
- Troubleshot website deployments to AWS, alongside performing WordPress maintenance and configuration work.
Lead Developer | Web Project Manager2012 - 2015RUSH Hair & Beauty
Technologies: PHP, Magento, WordPress, ResponseTap, Mandrill, Linnworks, MailChimp, DotMailer, Laravel, REST, Google Maps API
- Developed the customer-facing WordPress website for the company which served over a million visitors per month.
- Managed all the web projects and supported key stakeholders in the decision making process.
- Developed an eCommerce platform using Magento for the sale of professional hair products.
- Developed a career website using WordPress that acted as the candidate application system and exported the data to a variety of job boards using their APIs.
- Supported the marketing team with any web-related queries, from Google Analytics reports to eCommerce management.
- Implemented an Agile working process and formal testing within the development and marketing team.
- Created a salon locator using the Google Maps API.
- Created analytics dashboards and automated periodical reports for stakeholders.
Freelance PHP Developer2011 - 2011R/GA
Technologies: PHP, CodeIgniter, XML APIs, Twitter API, Facebook API, Brightcove API
- Created a web service to power an iPhone application for a major sports retailer.
- Developed a server-side application to get data from a variety of third-parties using different APIs.
- Integrated the PHP Twitter and Facebook APIs.
- Updated the original web service to add CMS functionality and the ability to create other views for different apps using the same underlying platform.
- Integrated the Brightcove API for video.
Freelance PHP Developer2011 - 2011Smile Machine
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, APIs, Flash, HTML, CSS, jQuery
- Created an API to provide content to a Flash-based website.
- Developed a PHP-based CMS to power all of the micro-sites of a major hair care brand.
- Added a multi-language functionality to the CMS, modifying the database to account for that.
- Built editorial features to the main CMS website such as multiple users and user levels, and the ability to preview and approve changes at different editorial levels.
- Developed the non-Flash parts of the microsites which used the content from the CMS and third-party sources using REST APIs.
Freelance PHP Developer2011 - 2011Wednesday
Technologies: PHP, WordPress, Zend Framework, Doctrine 2
- Developed an internal multi-brand management CMS for a fashion retailer.
- Integrated a client's existing intranet with the newly developed CMS.
Freelance PHP Developer2010 - 2011Stink Digital
Technologies: PHP5, Zend Framework, MySQL, Twitter API, Facebook API, Google Maps API
- Developed a server application using PHP to power a Flash front-end for Diesel Island, a social marketing campaign by a fashion brand.
- Integrated the Twitter and Facebook APIs for a variety of projects.
- Integrated the Google Maps API to create bespoke store locators.
- Developed a server-side app to allow customers to send Christmas messages that would then be displayed on a London's Oxford Street building, using a projector.
- Created web services for several apps so they would follow a strict MVC model and several front-end views could use them.
Freelance PHP Developer2010 - 2010Everything Everywhere Ltd
Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, PHP5
- Updated the content on the Orange websites.
- Developed new widgets, or dynamic blocks of content, using PHP5 and XSLT.
- Supported the marketing and content teams writing technical specs for new features.
- Participated in the weekly Agile programming and scheduling.
- Worked closely with the QA team.
Freelance Senior PHP Developer2009 - 2010i-Level
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS, Microsoft Dynamics
- Programmed new features for their ad-serving platform, Media Genie, used to trade over £400 million GBP a year.
- Working on the integration of the PHP platform with the Microsoft Dynamics ERP.
- Supported the ad-selling team by adding tags and tracking code to some of the managed websites.
- Improved the existing interfaces to make them easier to use for the traffic team.
- Added exporting and importing options to help migrate data across platforms.