Co-founder, CTO2016 - PRESENTGAUS
Technologies: Python 3.5, Django, jQuery, D3.js, PostgreSQL
- Created an online platform that automates the pre-screening step in a recruitment process. This was done by automatically analyzing applicant resumes and building and visualizing applicant profiles with suggested personalized questions to ask during the interview.
- Created an algorithm that parses a resume in PDF format and extracts a structured tree with labeled information.
Founder2016 - 2016HoP Games
- Developed an infinite runner mobile game in Corona SDK that was published on Play Market.
- Developed an educational mobile game to be published on Play Market.
CTO2015 - 2016Spark Research Labs
- Developed a cloud-based Inventory Management solution designed to assist in the management of warehouse stocks throughout the supply chain.
- Designed the architecture and partially worked on a schema-based multitenant SaaS application for accounting at SMEs with a RESTful API on the back-end and a Single Page Application on the front-end.
- Worked on a SaaS marketing platform for computing the Net Promoter Score (NPS) for products and services. The platform had several user roles, for data collection as well as data aggregation and visualization.
- Coordinated and coached a team of three developers.
- Developed the technical agenda and coordinated the trainers and mentors team of a two week long summer camp - GirlsGoIT. The camp's goal was to educate and raise awareness of young girls in the IT domain.
Speakers' Coach2014 - 2016TEDxChisinau
Technologies: Microsoft PowerPoint
- Coached local and international speakers for TEDxChisinau events.
- Provided feedback on the structure and presentations of speakers during the preparation process.
- Organized and co-hosted four TEDx conferences.
Web Developer / Corporate Trainer2010 - 2015Orange
- Created an internal platform for the entire Sales Department that aggregates and visualizes quantitative and qualitative sales data and generates relevant reports for the Sales Management team.
- Wrote Excel VBA scripts that automated report generation, reducing time from 16 hours to 1 hour required per report.
- Developed a desktop application that reduced by 70% the time needed to find required archived documents with products and procedures information.
- Supported an eLearning platform for testing the knowledge of sales employees.
- My DataViz Profile (Other amazing things)http://datavizprofile.heroesofprogramming.com/
A personal page that reflects my abilities and knowledge about data visualization and that showcases some of the projects I have done in that area.
- Data Science Moldova Community (Other amazing things)https://www.facebook.com/datasciencemoldova/
Organized five events in which were discussed various topics related to Data Science and Machine Learning. For four out of five events, I delivered presentations on machine learning algorithms (Regression, Random Forest, etc.) as well as facilitated the discussion groups during each event and presented the AI news block during each event.
- Textury (Development)http://textury.heroesofprogramming.com/
Textury is a tool for analyzing any body of text on the subject of emotional component and how exactly the speaker/writer uses emotions to make his point.
- Satellizer (Development)http://satellizer.heroesofprogramming.com
Satellizer is a tool to visualize eleven years of satellite launches, as well as to gain insights on the uses and users of satellites.
- Heroes of Programming Blog (Other amazing things)http://blog.heroesofprogramming.com/
A blog about programming in which the basic building blocks of a programming language and principles of programming are represented as heroes.
The reader can gain insights on how some basic things work as well as take quizzes and read interviews with developers from around the world.
- A Guide to Performance Testing and Optimization With Python and Django (Publication)Donald Knuth said that "premature optimization is the root of all evil." But there comes a time, usually in mature projects with high loads, when the need to optimize presents itself. In this article, Toptal Freelance Software Engineer Iulian Gulea talks about five common methods to optimize a web project’s code using principles that can be used in Django as well as other frameworks and languages. Using these principles, he demonstrates how to reduce the response time of a query from 77 to 3.7 seconds.
FrameworksDjango, Django REST Framework, AngularJS, Phaser.io, Flask, Redux, Corona SDK, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
PlatformsUbuntu 16.04, Linux Mint, Linux, Blockchain, AWS EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Windows
Libraries/APIsRestangular, D3.js, jQuery, NLTK, React, React Redux, NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Google Charts API, Matplotlib
ToolsPyCharm, Photoshop CS6, Slack, Trello, Gulp.js, Webpack 2, Seaborn, Git, GitHub
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), Data Science, Functional Programming, Scrum, Agile
StorageMySQL, PostgreSQL, JSON, MongoDB, AWS S3
OtherSVG, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), RESTful APIs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2006 - 2010Technical University of Moldova - Republic of Moldova