Verified Expert in Engineering
Ivan is a professional full-stack web developer with more than 12 years of design experience in different areas. His primary focus is on creating secure APIs and modern web app solutions. He's ready to deliver high-quality, well-tested, and documented code. Ivan is an open and communicative person and prefers to work on big serious projects as the lead tech.
Git, Vim Text Editor, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I worked on is a back-end application for a POS system with more than 5,000 customers.
Back-end Software Engineer
Granicus (via Toptal)
- Developed various back-end application components as a team member, including REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Created microservice using Serverless Framework and AWS Lambda.
- Prepared technical documentation and architected new components.
- Integrated the product with third-party services such as Stripe, Twilio, Mailgun, and Lob.
Full-stack Python Developer
RoomDots (via Toptal)
- Created and supported user API using Django and DRF.
- Created and supported high-load server-side application for collecting data from various data sources and monitoring the service.
- Created integrations with third-party services.
Senior Software Engineer | Mentor | Scrum Master
- Supported and improved a cloud web-based back-end application for a POS system using Python and Django.
- Created and supported REST API endpoints using Django and Tastypie.
- Worked as a mentor for project newcomers.
- Performed many technical interviews.
- Created a distributed test-runner for the QA team.
- Created a client app for an automated device testing system (including high-level design, low-level design and user manuals) using Python.
- Implemented a PubNub integration.
Firmware Support Engineer
- Created a warehouse monitoring system based on Python scripts and Nagios.
- Supported firmware upload-over-wifi scripts.
- Wrote some Bash scripts.
- Developed a warehouse map generator.
- Created unit tests.
Associate Software Engineer
- Created a power-on/off application for the new BMP-based smartphone using C programming language.
- Supported a status-bar application.
- Supported the legacy devices code base.
- Resolved a bunch of defects in the old device software using JTag.
- Created internal scripts using Python.
Cloud-based POS Application
Test Automation System
Technologies used: Python, C#, PubNub, and DevTest.
Time Management System
Technologies used: Flask (Python web framework), MySQL, and Sphinx documentation.
Admin Web App for an iOS Delivery Platform
Technologies used: Python/Flask, BrainTree, and Bootstrap 3.
Technologies used: Python/Django, Bootstrap 3, and an XLSX export library.
Flask, Django, Bootstrap 3
Tastypie, SQLAlchemy, Marionette.js, Underscore.js, Backbone.js, RQ, Stripe API, Twilio API, Asyncio, REST APIs
Vim Text Editor, Git, Mercurial, Celery
Test-driven Development (TDD), REST, Scrum, Agile Software Development, Model View Controller (MVC)
Linux, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda