Principal Research Engineer2015 - 2019V-Nova
Technologies: C++, Python, Matlab, CUDA, OpenCL
- Researched and developed for learning-based video compression algorithms.
Research Scientist2011 - 2015Intel Labs
Technologies: Matlab, C, C++, OpenCV, PCL, IPP, TBB, MKL
- Conducted research and development in image processing and computer vision.
- Investigated state-of-the-art algorithms and analyzed their applicability for real-world problems.
- Implemented proof-of-concept solutions.
- Disclosed my own ideas for patent applications.
- Analyzed third-party patents.
Associate Professor2006 - 2015Saint Petersburg State University
Technologies: Matlab, C++
- Maintained research and development activities in computer vision, image processing, and automatic control.
- Participated in a number of joint international research projects.
- Taught graduate level courses in image processing, differential equations, and control theory.
Senior Developer2009 - 2011Encoding.com
Technologies: Adobe Flash/Flex/AIR
- Created a cross-platform desktop application (Adobe AIR) interfacing a cloud-based media encoding service via an API.
- Created a custom Flash video player (Vid.ly).
- Created a media uploader Flash app.
- Consulted back-end developers on encoding standards and codec settings.
Algorithm Developer2009 - 2011Imagineer Systems
Technologies: C++, Matlab, Python
- Led algorithmic development for an Imagineer Mocha Pro, one of the most popular tools in the field of post-production and VFX, widely used by cinema artists.
- Developed a high-performance computational engine solving a number of computer-vision problems.
- Integrated solutions with a variety of third-party software, including Adobe After Effects, Autodesk Maya, Maxon Cinema4D, and The Foundry Nuke.
Senior Developer2006 - 2010Russian Web Service
Technologies: C++, Autodesk 3DMax Script, Lua, HLSL
- Created a platform solution for 3D modelers including plugin utilities extending Autodesk 3DMax, render farm management tools, real-time data feed processors, 3D viewers, and more.