Chief Scientist2016 - PRESENT3DLook
Technologies: Numerical Methods, Image Processing, Mathematics, Augmented Reality (AR), OpenCV, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Algorithms, TensorFlow, Python
- Developed algorithmic R&D in human pose and body shape estimation.
- Built deformable parametric 3D models and energy-based optimization frameworks.
- Customized neural architectures for high-precision computer vision problems.
Head of Deep Learning2019 - 2020Arrival
Technologies: Image Processing, Mathematics, OpenCV, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Algorithms, C++, Python, TensorFlow
- Led applied algorithmic research and development in robotic perception and control.
- Authored and developed up to production quality a state-of-art learning-based algorithmic framework for monocular 6DoF pose estimation for robotic grasping.
- Optimized neural architectures for embedded platforms.
Principal Research Engineer2015 - 2019V-Nova
Technologies: Numerical Methods, Image Processing, Mathematics, C, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Algorithms, TensorFlow, Python, C++
- Researched and developed algorithms for learning-based video compression.
- Authored and co-authored few international patents and technical standards.
- Implemented original image and video compression algorithms targeting real-time performance on heterogeneous hardware.
Research Scientist2011 - 2015Intel Labs
Technologies: Image Processing, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Algorithms, Intel MKL, Intel TBB, Intel IPP, PCL, OpenCV, C++, C, MATLAB
- Conducted research and development in image processing and computer vision.
- Investigated state-of-the-art algorithms and analyzed their applicability for real-world problems.
- Implemented proof-of-concept solutions.
- Disclosed my own ideas for patent applications.
- Analyzed third-party patents.
Associate Professor2006 - 2015Saint Petersburg State University
Technologies: Numerical Methods, Image Processing, Mathematics, C, Computer Vision, C++, MATLAB
- Maintained research and development activities in computer vision, image processing, and automatic control.
- Participated in a number of joint international research projects.
- Taught graduate level courses in image processing, differential equations, and control theory.
Senior Developer2009 - 2011Encoding.com
Technologies: C, Algorithms, Adobe Flash
- Created a cross-platform desktop application (Adobe AIR) interfacing a cloud-based media encoding service via an API.
- Created a custom Flash video player (Vid.ly).
- Built a media uploader Flash app.
- Consulted back-end developers on encoding standards and codec settings.
Algorithm Developer2009 - 2011Imagineer Systems
Technologies: Image Processing, Mathematics, Augmented Reality (AR), OpenCV, C, Computer Vision, Algorithms, Python, MATLAB, C++
- Led algorithmic development for an Imagineer Mocha Pro, one of the most popular tools in the field of post-production and VFX, widely used by cinema artists.
- Developed a high-performance computational engine solving a number of computer vision problems.
- Integrated solutions with a variety of third-party software, including Adobe After Effects, Autodesk Maya, Maxon Cinema4D, and The Foundry Nuke.
Senior Developer2006 - 2010Russian Web Service
Technologies: HLSL, Lua, 3ds Max, Autodesk, C++
- Created a platform solution for 3D modelers, including plugin utilities extending Autodesk 3DMax, render farm management tools, real-time data feed processors, 3D viewers, and more.