- Senior Research EngineerV-Nova2015 - PRESENT
Technologies: C++, Python, Matlab, CUDA, OpenCL
- Researched and developed video compression algorithms.
- Associate ProfessorSaint-Petersburg State University2006 - PRESENT
Technologies: Matlab, C++
- Maintained research and development activities in computer vision, image processing, and automatic control.
- Participated in a number of joint international research projects.
- Taught graduate level courses: image processing, differential equations, and control theory.
- Research ScientistIntel Labs2011 - 2015
Technologies: Matlab, C, C++, OpenCV, PCL, IPP, TBB, MKL
- Conducted research and development in image processing and computer vision.
- Investigated state-of-art algorithms and analyzed their applicability for real-world problems.
- Implemented proof of concept solutions.
- Disclosed my own ideas for patent applications.
- Analyzed 3rd party patents.
- Senior DeveloperEncoding.com2009 - 2011
Technologies: Adobe Flash/Flex/AIR
- Created a cross-platform desktop application (Adobe AIR) interfacing a cloud-based media encoding service via an API.
- Created a custom Flash video player (Vid.ly).
- Created a media uploader Flash app.
- Consulted back-end developers on encoding standards and codec settings.
- Algorithm DeveloperImagineer Systems2009 - 2011
Technologies: C++, Matlab, Python
- Led algorithmic development for an Imagineer Mocha Pro - one of the most popular tools in the field of post-production and VFX, widely used by cinema artists.
- Developed a high-performance computational engine solving a number of computer-vision problems.
- Integrated solutions with a variety of 3rd party software, including Adobe AfterEffects, Autodesk Maya, Maxon Cinema4D, and The Foundry Nuke.
- Senior DeveloperRussian Web Service2006 - 2010
Technologies: C++, Autodesk 3DMax Script, Lua, HLSL
- Created a platform solution for 3D modelers including plugin utilities extending Autodesk 3DMax, render farm management tools, real-time data feed processors, 3D viewers, and more.