Jacob Hendrik Huisman
Verified Expert in Engineering
Jacob is a senior full-stack WordPress developer with over eight years of experience. He has worked on over 300 WordPress websites, providing solutions for custom requests. Jacob loves challenging new assignments. He can handle plugin creation, theme modifications, or new API connections. The more challenging the work, the better. Jacob is a university graduate and holds clear communication in high regard.
Ubuntu Linux, Vim Text Editor, Slack, WordPress, Web Development
The most amazing...
...project I've completed is a multilingual eCommerce multisite that generated over $35,000 in monthly revenue.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Provided custom solutions for over 300 WordPress websites that had no ready-made plugin solution available.
- Mentored junior developers to help improve their skills and code quality.
- Created WordPress plugins for internal use, published in the public WordPress plugin repository.
- Generated over $35,000 in monthly revenue by setting up a multilingual eCommerce multisite.
- Managed the project after taking over from a company that left the website slow and non-functional.
- Collaborated with a team of marketers and entrepreneurs to expedite and complete the project on time.
Technical Support Engineer
- Resolved issues and requests for Magento webshops, such as fixing bugs, improving performance, implementing custom requests, and installing SSL certificates.
- Restored hacked websites by identifying and cleaning infected files.
- Conducted server and site analyses for slow websites and provided performance reports with actionable improvement suggestions.
- Managed tasks by setting proper time estimates and communicating with clients using Zendesk.
- Established a sole proprietorship web development company when I was 17 to fund my studies.
- Built a user-friendly CMS for clients to efficiently edit and manage their websites.
- Handled clients and communicated technical subjects to non-technical entrepreneurs.
Multilingual eCommerce Multisitehttp://www.moowy.co.uk
I took over the project after another company left the website slow and non-functional. I was the full-stack developer, and I worked closely with a diverse team of marketers and entrepreneurs to complete the project.
My responsibilities included:
• Setting up a multisite
• Converting designs to WordPress pages
• Optimizing website speed
• Creating customizable website elements
• Building custom WooCommerce emails
• Adding track and trace code to the emails
Page Speed Optimizationhttps://www.g-vloeren.nl/
Some of the techniques used to achieve the desired results:
• Researched and analyzed site performance and bottlenecks
• Enabled page caching
• Optimized images and enabled lazy load for images
• Rebuilt site features to remove slow plugins
Product Customization Toolhttps://www.designspiegels.nl/spiegels-op-maat
I created this fully-functional and responsive on-page tool based on the client's design and requirements, using the advanced custom fields (ACF) plugin. With customizability in mind, I also built an admin dashboard where the client can configure all options and prices for their customers.
As part of a web development team, I provided custom work for which there were no ready-made solutions available, including:
• Setting up a composite product configurator
• Converting designs to WordPress features
• Creating a custom search page
• Customizing WooCommerce emails
• Setting up a quotation feature
IT Programming Courses Websitehttps://www.spiraltrain.nl/?lang=en
I built this website from scratch using a custom-made theme with performance in mind. Some of the features I worked on include:
• Instant live search
• XML feeds for other training providers and platforms such as Edudex and Springest
• Monthly training schedule calendar
• Automated infosheet PDF from the course page
• Custom signup form
• Converted (PSD) designs to WordPress pages
• Page speed optimization
jQuery, REST APIs, WordPress API, WooCommerce API, WordPress REST API, React
Slack, WPBakery, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), Gutenberg Editor, Vim Text Editor, Git, Figma, WP-CLI, GitHub, PageSpeed, Terminal, Divi Builder 3, Composer
Clean Code, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Responsive Web Design (RWD), Responsive, UI Design, UX Design
WordPress, WooCommerce, WHMCS, Magento, Zendesk
WordPress Multisite, WordPress Plugins, WordPress Themes, PSD to WordPress, HTML to WordPress, Visual Composer, WooCommerce Subscriptions 2, Page Speed Optimization, Site Speed Optimization, Gravity Forms, Front-end, Content Management Systems (CMS), Web Development, eCommerce, Responsive UI, Front-end Development, Elementor, WordPress Design, English, Analytical Thinking, Mathematics, Communication, Teamwork, SSH, Quotations, Design
Bachelor's Degree in Philosophy
University of Humanistic Studies - Utrecht, Netherlands
Technical Secondary Education (VWO) in Economy and Society
Carmel College - Emmen, Netherlands