Full-stack Web Developer2014 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Laravel 5, EaselJS, Backbone.js, CoffeeScript, Twisted, Scrapy, Python, CodeIgniter
- Implemented AllCharge payment service integration for a local Israeli Forex broker.
- Created an iframe-integrated economic calendar service with theming support (for white-label partners).
- Created a roulette mini-game for a Netherlands-based eCommerce startup.
- Participated in the integration of the PayOne.de payment services on a cleaning company website.
- Refactored and supported a Scrapy-based web scraping tool with a Django dashboard.
- Created an esports betting system.
- Supported and developed a Kohana-based SaaS helpdesk system.
Consultant/Tech Lead2019 - 2020Keyword.com (via Toptal)
Technologies: MariaDB, SQL, Webpack, ECMAScript (ES6), Jenkins, Fluentd, Kibana, Grafana, Docker, Vue.js, Laravel, PHP 7
- Finalized transitioning of the key modules from legacy to the new application.
- Reduced plain back-end API response time down to approx. 50ms.
- Solved complex database query optimization problems.
- Developed a transition strategy for the project infrastructure, and helped execute it.
- Created and delivered an MVP for a new company product.
- Initiated and maintained product technical documentation.
- Worked closely with the customer support team to fix bugs and deliver new features.
- Managed the engineering team as a tech lead (best coding practices, code reviews, planning, removing roadblocks, etc.).
- Interviewed and evaluated new developers and technical staff.
Full-stack Developer2019 - 2019ProfitMiner (via Toptal)
Technologies: Vue.js, Laravel
- Fixed existing bugs in the front-end and back-end code.
- Developed new front-end and back-end features.
- Introduced unit tests to the project.
- Proposed and refactored one of the internal subsystems using distributed queues in accordance with the best OOP design practices.
- Documented the refactored subsystem (including UML/ERD diagrams).
- Formalized feature/bug report standards, which saved the team's time spent on acceptance testing and code review.
- Helped to improve the development process by proposing modifications of the existing Agile approach.
Consultant/Full-stack Developer2017 - 2019EmailMeForm
Technologies: GitFlow, REST API, OAuth, Multiple Factor Analysis (MFA), Intercom, Authorize.Net, PayPal, BrainTree, Babel, Vue.js, ECMAScript (ES6), ES5, Node.js, MySQL, PHP
- Refactored a legacy billing system and connected the newest Braintree API both on client and server side.
- Developed a coupons module for the billing system.
- Replaced the old PayPal integration with Braintree's PayPal Checkout API.
- Implemented a secure PCI-compliant storage system (client and server side) which allowed the users to collect credit card data (and other private information) through their forms.
- Proposed and introduced various enhancements that helped to organize collaboration inside the engineering team and improve the release schedule.
- Created several in-house tools (web apps and scripts) that improved the QA process.
- Integrated a server-side unit testing framework (PHPUnit) into the legacy code.
- Introduced and helped to maintain the best coding practices across the engineering team.
- Shaped and proposed a refactoring and migration plan for the critical subsystems.
- Proposed, implemented, and maintained a global documentation repository.
- Initiated improvement and refactoring process of the business logic layer in the legacy code.
- Supported the product and fixed various critical bugs on the back end and front end.
- Detected and fixed critical security vulnerabilities.
- Implemented a modular multi-factor authentication subsystem with a TOTP gateway, compatible with Authy and Google Authenticator.
- Actively participated in the decision-making process of the product team.
CTO/Chief Architect2016 - 2017Cong Engineering
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Twisted, Lumen, Python, PHP
- Created a uniform authorization server integrated with social networks for multiple REST API services.
- Created a REST API for audio content and audio playback (with a token-based auth).
- Designed a REST API for a voice messaging app.
- Created a complex scalable content auto-updater.
- Organized the development process.
- Contributed to the personnel selection process.
Full-stack Web Developer2013 - 2014Wireheads s.r.o.
Technologies: Python, Flask, CoffeeScript, Backbone.js, Icecast, SQLAlchemy, jQuery, Yii, CodeIgniter
- Supported a large CodeIgniter application with a complex control panel and third-party service integrations.
- Developed a lightweight Flask REST API and Backbone.js/CoffeeScript based front end (radio program scheduler).
- Integrated the Flask back end with the IceCast streaming server.
- Developed a dashboard prototype for the well-known Ukrainian IPTV provider.
- Developed a dashboard for a movie portal with various ticket selling system integrations.
Mobile Back-end Developer2012 - 2013iTrack
Technologies: REST API, PHPExcel, jQuery, Bootstrap, Silex, Yii
- Created a back end with control panel and data import/export system for an iOS application.
- Supported a third-party API web service for a well-known Russian portal about CMS and web studio rankings.
Web Developer (PHP)2012 - 2012Mitlabs
- Created modules for an internal closed-source PHP framework.
- Created a multi-threaded web parser in Python.
- Built a couple of websites based on an internal PHP framework.
- Helped to administer and maintain internal VPN servers.
- Created an XLS data import module for an eCommerce website.