Verified Expert in Engineering
Jan has worked in a digital agency, a development studio, and has founded his own company. With over ten years of experience in Drupal 7 and 8, module development, back-end/front-end development, UX/UI design, and server administration—he doesn't see problems; he only see challenges. His work has also been awarded Site of the Day and honorable mention awards on sites like CSSDA and Awwwards. Jan's also attended Drupal events and spoken at them.
Git, PhpStorm, Docker, MacOS
The most amazing...
...things I've built are web apps such as insurance policy wizard for customers/agents, internship app for an NGO and assessment platforms for medical colleges.
Senior Drupal Developer
- Managed, maintained, and further developed the website of one of Belgium's largest banks.
- Planned, developed, and built an internal tool to connect and provide valuable information on various data from different tools used for managing projects, clients, and contracts.
- Helped and mentored team members, helping them develop skills while working on various projects and tasks.
Senior Drupal Developer
- Worked on several Drupal 8 websites, including back-end and front-end development, and customized and contributed to module development.
- Developed a custom API platform on Drupal 8 to connect an outside website to various CRM and educational platforms.
- Created and managed the informational architecture, planning, and development of custom solutions based on the Drupal 8 framework.
- Worked with several Drupal 8 APIs from field, translation, views, and migration and built custom components on top of them.
- Assumed lead developer and product owner roles in complex projects, which required heavy customization of the Drupal 8 platform, custom business logic, and continuous deployment process.
- Managed and mentored a group of developers through projects or standalone educational sessions.
- Developed an online insurance policy platform with a policy wizard for the customer and a complete dashboard with policies, rates, and clients for the agents.
- Built an online internship platform for candidates to apply and for agents to review, screen, and manage these candidates.
- Developed various Drupal 7/8 projects, including eCommerce, corporate websites, and online applications.
- Built websites for clients all over the globe.
- Handled all aspects of a project such as creating the strategy, UI/UX, planning, and also development.
- Designed interfaces and web applications.
- Developed and designed several small to medium-sized websites for local clients in Slovenia.
- Won several individual website awards as well as the agency of the year award in Slovenia.
- Designed brand guidelines for companies in Slovenia.
We also utilized Drupal Migration API to provide continuous content integration into the new site from outside sources supplied by the client.
Training and CPD Platform for the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologistshttps://training.rcog.org.uk
Global Media Centrehttps://www.globalmediacentre.com/
The platform integrates with Brightcove (a video processing service), AWS for storage handling, and Drupal 8 which handles all of the components, including data manipulation for presenting it in the coverage report.
I was the lead developer on the team. I was responsible for the said components, integration with third-party services, and custom development work for the coverage reports.
I was the lead developer on the project, responsible for the main platform architecture, the backend dashboard for agents to view various information, and also the frontend policy wizard which is used by the customers to buy their insurance policy. I was working on both the functionality of the features as well as the look and feel of them.
Home at Home
My role as the team lead was to coordinate the team with tasks, being responsible for the overall site architecture, development and deployment processes as well as communicating with the client and the team on various code implementations.
In a team of three—myself, another developer, and a designer—I acted as the lead developer, coordinating the team with the client on the development and on the design phase. I was responsible for the platform's architecture, development plan, and various components inside the platform.
I was one of the developers on the team, I was responsible for the submission workflow and dashboard of the video providers on both the development and UX aspect.
Twig, Drupal Commerce, ZURB Foundation, Bootstrap, YARN, Symfony, AngularJS
Drupal API, jQuery, Node.js, React
Composer, Xdebug, PhpStorm, Gulp, Git, Drush, NPM, Solr, Grunt, Apache, NGINX, Docker Compose, WebStorm, Vagrant, Jenkins, Varnish, Lando
Drupal, Docker, Drupal 7, Drupal 8, MacOS, Pantheon
MariaDB, MySQL, Redis
Debugging, Front-end, Back-end, Drupal Console, Drupal VM, Drupal 9, Drupal 10, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), CI/CD Pipelines, Migration
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile
Acquia Certified Grand Master – Drupal 8
Acquia Certified Front-end Specialist – Drupal 8
Acquia Certified Back-end Specialist – Drupal 8
Acquia Certified Developer – Drupal 8