Software Developer2018 - 2021Intelligenti Ltd
- Took over, developed, and scaled the customer portal and onboarding sites for a financial services company serving over half a million UK customers.
- Extended and took over the company's document recognition and digitization system, adding automated classification with user supervision of uncertain results and scaling it to handle tens of thousands of inbound documents per day.
- Built and deployed an Iress mortgage search engine with a follow-up questionnaire to allow potential customers to minimize their time spent with an adviser as mandated by the industry.
- Developed and operated a server-side calendar synchronization platform allowing Apple, Android, and Outlook users to collaborate without installing additional software on their devices.
- Operated and built an Azure-based PDF mail merge application to provide increased capacity and reduced cost for a company previously performing more than a million external WebMerge merges per month.
- Extended and supported an Azure-based import application to summarise daily management information (MI) spreadsheets in different formats from business partners.
Software Development Manager2012 - 2018Smartbox Assistive Technology
Technologies: Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), C#, .NET, Xamarin, Visual Studio, TeamCity, COM Interop, COM, MahApps.Metro, Touchscreens, Eye Tracking, AAC, Speech Synthesis, Subversion (SVN), Git, Internationalization, Languages, Z-Wave, Data Synchronization, Flash, NUnit, Win32 API, C#.NET, REST APIs, Scripting, Web Services
- Co-wrote the industry-leading Grid 3 alternative communication software for Windows, tackling a huge variety of unusual technical challenges to provide alternative access methods for nearly any computing function.
- Managed a team of seven after release to deliver monthly updates to 10,000 users worldwide.
- Assisted in the development, testing, and release of Grid for iPad, using Xamarin and portable code to maximize feature parity with Windows.
- Helped with the translation of software, grammar rules, and resources to over 25 languages as diverse as Hebrew and Arabic, including user-editable symbolization throughout for less-literate users.
- Wrote a .NET installation and software update package that was backward compatible through COM with the previous Visual Basic 6 (VB6) equivalent and fully integrated with source-control and TeamCity.
Software Developer2009 - 2012The Institute of Commercial Management
Technologies: Windows Forms, Printer Drivers, Document Recognition, ABBYY, Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO), Visual Studio, Subversion (SVN), Microsoft SQL Server, C#, .NET, C#.NET
- Implemented a new CRM to replace the obsolete previous system, delivered continuously across the three years and completed in full.
- Automated the batch printing of exam materials and student cards, using the Win32 DEVMODE API to support advanced printer features such as collation, stapling, and double-sided plastic cards.
- Worked on automating the scanning and processing of completed printed forms using ABBYY templates, image recognition techniques and Amazon Mechanical Turk.
Software Developer2006 - 2009Dolphin Dynamics
- Implemented booking of flight tickets through three of the world's four global distribution systems, and direct with a newly-partnered airline Sterling Airlines.
- Worked on the implementation of searching and booking of new product types including car rentals, hotels and insurance.
- Improved the sustainability of the codebase by advocating and implementing base classes and workflows for the searching and booking processes.