Verified Expert in Engineering
With a diverse background spanning military, linguistics, business, art, design, and software engineering, Jed has the knowledge and experience to quickly spin up a new project or onboard into an existing one. He is absolutely fascinated by both low-level programming as well as high-level, front-end programming.
The most amazing...
...thing I've created is an API generator that takes raw SQL, extracts meaning into JSON, and generates new APIs in various frameworks, complete with unit tests.
Senior Software Engineer
- Built and dockerized NestJS, Apollo, Flask APIs, and PostgreSQL databases.
- Built a multi-platform desktop application in PySide6 to transfer large amounts of data between isolated lab machines and a centralized data hub.
- Mentored junior engineers through paired programming, reviews, and exercises.
- Created a robust Photoshop desktop application clone in PySide6.
- Tightened API/client security with the popular OAuth2-based, single sign-on security wrapper, Keycloak.
- Drafted technical manuals, guidelines, and documentation.
Senior Software Engineer
- Developed and maintained the Caresource mobile app in React Native.
- Developed and maintained portions of the API in Node.js.
- Mentored, guided, and performed code review for junior developers.
- Helped in architecture decisions and CI/CD pipeline development.
- Created and expanded a complex Redux system on mobile platforms.
- Integrated React and Redux into advanced prototypes in Framer.
- Modified the existing software to correct errors, expand functionality, and upgrade interfaces to improve user experience.
- Collaborated closely with designers and developers to design, develop, and implement robust mobile and desktop solutions.
- Created design systems to bridge the gap between design and development.
Dayton City Paper
- Created design standards for the Dayton City Paper to ensure consistency from cover to cover for hundreds of issues.
- Reclaimed website from ISIS through linguistic analysis, custom algorithms, and PHP scripting.
- Tracked network hackers using custom honey-traps written in PHP.
Cryptologic Linguist | Intelligence Analyst
US Air Force
- Wrote numerous Python, VBA, and Perl programs to expedite daily workflow and increased productivity by 33%.
- Advised leadership frequently on the validity of actionable targets.
- Received the NSA Star Award for processing thousands of items/reports.
Caresource Mobile Apphttps://www.caresource.com/
MtCV: MIDI to Control Voltage (CV) Converter
MtCV was designed on an Atmega328 chip architecture and coded up in C++. I designed the circuit paths and etched the circuit boards myself. This project was a fun, multi-discipline labor of love.
Deep Learning for Medical Image Analysis
React, Node.js, TensorFlow, D3.js, Vue, PySide, PyQt
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Redux Thunk, Git, Postman, Slack, Adobe InDesign, Atom
Front-end, Graphics, Framer X, Lottie, APIs, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Artificial Intelligence (AI), TypeORM, FPGA, Power Electronics, Battery Management Systems, Design, Arabic-English Translation, WordPress Themes
React Native, Redux, Jest, Tailwind CSS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Flask, Express.js, NestJS, Electron, MUI (Material UI), Qt 5
Agile Software Development, Desktop Web Design, Mobile Web Design
WordPress, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Firebase, MacOS, Docker, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL
Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
The University of Colorado Boulder - Boulder, CA
Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts
University of Dayton - Dayton, OH
Bachelor's Degree in Business
American Military University - Virginia
Associate Degree in Modern Standard Arabic
Defense Language Institute - Monterey, CA
Introduction to Machine Learning with TensorFlow Nanodegree
iOS Developer Nanodegree