Front-end Developer2021 - 2021Imperial College London
- Refactored and recreated the front end of a bacteria querying tool using Create React App and Bootstrap. Added infinite scrolling logic and an about info drawer to the common website banner.
- Developed an interactive histogram component from scratch for displaying information about bacterial isolates using the HTML5 Canvas.
- Created an interactive, easy-to-decipher species containment stacked bar graph from scratch using the HTML5 Canvas.
- Created an interactive, speedy gene visualizer that can render and display millions of entries of genomic information and an optimized table of species information with thousands of entries that performs efficiently.
Full-stack Developer2021 - 2021Topshelling
- Developed the front end of a proof-of-concept web application for adding a listing and removing information about boutique items, such as their name, description, markdown, and a picture.
- Hooked into HTML5 camera APIs, allowing users to either upload or take a screenshot of an item with their phone and add it to the product description.
- Quickly created a proof-of-concept back end in Node.js and Express.js for retaining information about boutique items in memory.
Freelancer | Consultant2019 - 2020Independent Freelance Work
- Converted static HTML/CSS into an interactive Vue.js/Vuex UI.
- Developed a deployment environment for maintaining a small website.
- Hooked into PHP Google Drive APIs to connect Google Docs and Google Calendar to a website.
- Consulted clients on best practices in regards to front-end technology and accessibility.
Senior Front-end Developer2013 - 2019Avid Technologies
- Worked with a small team to develop the player, sequence, and audio components of Avid's MediaCentral | Cloud UX, a web app for browsing, playing, and logging media.
- Served as a scrum master for a year and a half—performing administrative duties and ensuring stakeholders were always informed about the team's status on features.
- Worked closely with the UI team—converting mockups and offering advice on accessibility and consistency with the rest of the application.
- Maintained our local RHEL development server by evolving our application's back end from Java to Nginx to Docker to Kubernetes.
- Wrote Node.js build and deployment scripts to allow us to release components regularly in an agile manner.
- Composed manual, unit, automated, and integration tests in Gherkin, Mocha, Jest, TestCafe, and a bit of Groovy Selenium.