Verified Expert in Engineering
Web UX Developer
Atom, Terminal, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed was a quick React-Redux app NPM package that I then used to develop my personal website as well as Swab.am, an SVG animation SPA.
- Developed an authentication service for a Next.js/Express.js website.
- Integrated SendGrid to allow for account password reset.
- Added the ability to develop the application locally without relying on AWS using Docker and MySQL.
- Discussed approaches and best practices for other planned site features.
Web UI Developer
Shooting Academy Canada Ltd
- Developed interactive tools that allowed website visitors to customize and visualize strings for longbows, crossbows, etc. and create arrows for different bows.
- Created a tool for the client to customize the string-builder store options.
- Hooked up the string- and arrow-builder interfaces into Shopify via Shopify's front-end REST API.
- Investigated and fixed some minor issues related to various Shopify plugins.
Imperial College London
- Refactored and recreated the front end of a bacteria querying tool using Create React App and Bootstrap. Added infinite scrolling logic and an about-info drawer to the common website banner.
- Developed an interactive histogram component from scratch for displaying information about bacterial isolates using the HTML5 Canvas.
- Created an interactive, easy-to-decipher species containment stacked bar graph from scratch using the HTML5 Canvas.
- Built an interactive, speedy gene visualizer that can render and display millions of entries of genomic information and an optimized, efficient table of species information with thousands of entries.
- Developed the front end of a proof-of-concept (POC) web application for adding a listing and removing information about boutique items, such as their name, description, markdown, and picture.
- Hooked into HTML5 camera APIs, allowing users to either upload or take a screenshot of an item with their phone and add it to the product description.
- Created a POC back end in Node.js and Express.js for retaining information about boutique items in memory.
Freelancer | Consultant
Independent Freelance Work
- Converted static HTML/CSS into an interactive Vue.js/Vuex UI.
- Developed a deployment environment for maintaining a small website.
- Hooked into PHP Google Drive APIs to connect Google Docs and Google Calendar to a website.
- Consulted clients on best practices in regard to front-end technology and accessibility.
Senior Front-end Developer
- Worked with a small team to develop the player, sequence, and audio components of Avid's MediaCentral | Cloud UX, a web app for browsing, playing, and logging media.
- Served as a scrum master for a year and a half—performing administrative duties and ensuring stakeholders were always informed about the team's status on features.
- Worked closely with the UI team—converting mockups and offering advice on accessibility and consistency with the rest of the application.
- Maintained our local RHEL development server by evolving our application's back end from Java to Nginx to Docker to Kubernetes.
- Wrote Node.js build and deployment scripts to allow us to release components regularly in an agile manner.
- Composed manual, unit, automated, and integration tests in Gherkin, Mocha, Jest, TestCafe, and a bit of Groovy Selenium.
Quick React Redux Apphttps://www.npmjs.com/package/quick-react-redux-app
Unlike other tools, this utility is not particularly married to a technology stack; due to the fact, it creates a project with very few dependencies, it does not suffer slowdowns typical in more heavy-handed bootstrappers.
There is also no eject step required to deploy for the web, just running "NPM run build" generates all the needed files.
This project has been field-tested in a number of my projects.
It uses React and Redux to drive the UI and is architected in a declarative, event-sourced way that theoretically would allow for infinite undo or multi-user editing.
Avid MediaCentral | Cloud UXhttps://www.avid.com/products/mediacentral/mediacentral-production-management
I had many other responsibilities revolving around the actual development, including QA, DevOps, UI design, and more.
Litify Referral Networkhttps://www.litify.com/litify-referral-network/
"The Litify Referral Network is an all-in-one platform solution that allows law firms of all sizes to easily send, receive, and manage legal case referrals for FREE."
The front-end portion of this application is written in ReactJS with a small auxiliary Express server for serving mostly static content. My primary task was to clean up the front and back ends of this application for development and production.
I updated all of the npm dependencies (including updating to the latest versions of React and react-router) and refactored the build scripts and Express server to be as atomic and simple as possible. I also recreated a number of components, including a custom date picker and a brand new sign-up page and flow.
The application no longer has serious dependency vulnerabilities, is much leaner, and runs much faster.
Monadnock Congregational Churchhttp://monadnockcongregational.com/
Noteworthy features are under the hood. The website can be updated and published with a single script, compiling the Vue.js templates and sending the files to the webserver via FTP with a custom node script. A small PHP script retrieves Google Calendar information.
Strata — Raven Black
My responsibilities were primarily on the Vue.js and TypeScript-heavy front end, but I also started to work on their to-be-published Hugo website.
Transplant Services — Health Data Movershttps://www.healthdatamovers.com/services/clinical-business-applications/
Redux, Express.js, TestCafe, Jest, Svelte, Nuxt.js, Tailwind CSS, Angular, Bootstrap, Next.js
Vue, React Redux, React, Node.js, Redux-Saga, Vuex, Preact, jQuery, React Router, Socket.IO, Google Drive API
NPM, Babel, Webpack 4, Git, Mocha, Redux Thunk, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Rollup, GitHub, Terminal, Atom, Webpack, Jira, NGINX, Sequelize, SendGrid, Canvas 2D
MacOS, Unix, Twilio, Docker, Kubernetes, Shopify
Web UX, Ajax, Fetch API, UI Development, Front-end, User Interface (UI), Architecture, WebSockets, Web Accessibility, Third-party APIs, Full-stack, APIs, CSS3 Animation, RHEL, SVG, Storybook, Snowpack
Functional Programming, Agile Software Development
Associate's Degree in Computer Science (Networking)
River Valley Community College - Claremont, NH, USA