Freelancer | Consultant2019 - 2020Independent Freelance Work
- Converted static HTML/CSS into an interactive Vue.js/Vuex UI.
- Developed a deployment environment for maintaining a small website.
- Hooked into PHP Google Drive APIs to connect Google Docs and Google Calendar to a website.
- Consulted clients on best practices in regards to front-end technology and accessibility.
Senior Front-end Developer2013 - 2019Avid Technologies
- Worked with a small team in the development of the player, sequence, and audio components of Avid's MediaCentral | Cloud UX: a web app for browsing, playing, and logging media.
- Served as a scrum master for a year and a half—performing administrative duties and ensuring stakeholders were always informed of the team's status on features.
- Worked closely with the UI team—converting mockups and offering advice on accessibility and consistency with the rest of the application.
- Maintained our local RHEL development server through the evolution of our application's back end, from Java to NGINX to Docker to Kubernetes.
- Wrote Node.js build and deployment scripts to allow us to release components regularly in an Agile manner.
- Composed manual, unit, automated, and integration tests in Gherkin, Mocha, Jest, TestCafe, and a bit of Groovy Selenium.