Platforms Manager2016 - PRESENTArrow Digital
- Led a team of front-end developers, architecting new projects, providing code reviews.
- Created build process for front-end utilizing Gulp.
- Led the redesign of major internal projects, laying down the foundation and providing guidance for growth.
- Educated the team through Lunch and Learns.
Full Stack Developer2013 - PRESENTCosmic Strawberry
- Supported a client's major overhaul of the main customer-facing product. Worked on a design based on needs and customer feedback. Implemented a working prototype, foundation, and build system, and trained existing staff in the development and use of a new site.
- Built the prototype app for an internal security app for a client as a proof of concept. Then led the production of the full-fledged app.
- Helped a couple mom and pop shops get their websites designed and launched while they were on a budget.
- Developed an internal app to help organize unique customer requests and managing client expectations by automatically sending updates as things moved along the pipeline.
- Built a WordPress system to help ease the process of building brochure websites more affectively and efficiently. Utilizing that system, built several websites that were not only SEO friendly, but responsive and user friendly.
Instructor2016 - 2018Palm Beach Code School
- Developed the curriculum for the WordPress portion of the course.
- Led portfolio reviews for students.
- Led extend tutoring sessions for students.
- Led community outreach efforts by engaging in local meetups and other speaking engagements.
Lead Front End Developer2014 - 2015One Up Sport
- Built the internal dashboard for managing production builds, logs, and various statistics.
- Laid foundation framework for building production level, cross-device, skinnable, consumption apps.
- Worked on RESTful API for various team apps that would be consumed by the app framework created.
- Converted .NET app to Node while adding features requested by the clients.
- Redesigned and built a public-facing website for the company.
Lead WordPress/Front End Developer2013 - 2014Cotton and Company
- Built large brochure websites for various real estate companies.
- Trained team on bleeding edge front end technologies.
- Built a custom framework to assist in building brochure websites faster and more efficiently.
- Redesigned and implemented company public facing website.
- Prototyped tool to assist project managers to understand current project status. Designers, developers, artists, copywriters, and project managers have a single location to input various project statuses and managers would have a dashboard to see status on any give project.
Lead Front End Developer2013 - 2013TycoIS
- Translated designs to full rendered mockups.
- Supported the back-end team with converting rendered HTML to integrated CMS.
- Supported various internal communications via intranet.
- Optimized the live site for analytics and tracking based on corporate requirements.
- Added animation to site to liven up user interactions.
Director of Web2009 - 20134 Media Online
- Managed a team of designers and developers to build various client websites.
- Organized and built a system to manage the large number of client requests, sites, and progress.
- Built an internal CMS to aid in the construction of client websites.
- Trained the team on various processes, industry best practices, new technologies, and responsive design.
- Oversaw compliance department responsible for quality control on outgoing sites.
- Automated portion of quality control to aid as sites got more and more complicated.
- Oversaw new team hires and training.
Graphic Artist/Flash Developer2008 - 2009Dev Element
Technologies: PhotoShop, Illustrator, HTML, CSS, PHP, Flash, ActionScript, SVG
- Created various client sites based on in house CMS.
- Prototyped a Flash application that would allow the clients to build sites using a WYSIWYG editor.
- Conducted user trials and allowed for user feedback during the production of the prototype app.
- Built an automated process for finalizing site, getting client approval, and uploading to a live server.
- Touched up graphics of houses as they came in from contract photographers to be ready for various print and website placements.
- Contributed as a major part of company rebranding. After deciding on a new name, I created various print materials necessary; business cards, brochures, letter heads, etc.
Flash Developer2008 - 2009OMG National
- Rebuilt the foundation for the main product with updated code utilizing ActionScript 3.0.
- Created a cross-platform script that allowed the usage of our video player on any site, utilized by our clients.
- Edited video of actors to fit the requirements of the technology.
- Added animation to the main product to allow for a friendlier more engaging user experience.
- Created a foundation for testing solution to ensure production bugs were reported properly.
Graphic Designer2007 - 2008Boca Systems
Technologies: PhotoShop, Illustrator, Quark, InDesign
- Responsible for touching up client artwork for production.
- Created processing plates based on approved client artwork.
- Updated company brochure based on updates to the equipment, process, or services we offered.
- Cleaned plate machines to ensure optimal performance.
- Assisted in new employee training.
Graphic Designer2006 - 2007Interstate SignCrafters
Technologies: PhotoShop, Illustrator, Coral Draw
- Created spec sheets for fabricators to build signs.
- Created spec sheets for various city offices to approve permits and get work orders ready.
- Cut and applied vinyl to various surfaces with client company information and logos and prepped for shipment or installation,.
- Prepared vector graphics for the laser cutter and cared for the cutting machine.
- Assisted in training new hires and sister company employees.
Graphic Designer2003 - 2007Freelance
Technologies: PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, HTML, CSS
- Designed, illustrated, typed set, and laid out a number of brochures, flyers, and postcards for various clients.
- Illustrated various company mascots, logos, and typography.
- Illustrated various typographic signages for bands and local companies.
- Created video tutorials in PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Flash/ActionScript 3.
- Built small-scale websites for local shops and small time bands.