Lean Startups Developer
Jesus Dario is co-founder of Yeti Smart Home and Scope.ink. He believes that software is just a means toward a great product, yet analyzes software anatomy itself deeply. Culture over processes. He has consistently led software teams towards business goals, and he is an open source contributor and technical writer.
ExperienceNode.js - 6 yearsLean Startups - 4 yearsAndroid - 2 yearsMongoDB - 2 yearsReact Native - 2 years
Sublime Text, Zsh, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is created the best rated and most popular smart home app—Yeti.
CTO and Co-founder
Yeti Smart Home
- Pivoted from a B2B open source support model to a commercially available iOS and Android App.
- Managed the transition to the new working framework and technologies.
- Led a team of six engineers in the production of software and created a culture to consistently reach our goals.
- Planned and managed the scale from hundreds of users to dozens of thousands, with hundreds of thousands of IoT devices connected.
- Developed the product and developer operations assistant software with Docker, npm, bash scripting, our cloud providers, and additional services.
- Led people from different backgrounds to start developing and successfully start a career.
- Met with students on a weekly basis for a short time to review their progress towards their goal.
- Actively supported, motivated, and taught how to overcome technical interviews and whiteboards.
- Evaluated progress by reviewing capstone projects.
- Held open Q&As to shed light on open source contribution and industry specific tooling.
- Created an app marketplace that implemented version control through Git using Node.js, MongoDB, and some shell script.
- Designed an OS to run Node.js apps that is installable in routers with minimum footprint, with high-level user interface and fine-grained app launching.
- Implemented an abstraction REST API for CRUD IoT resources in Node.js, SQLite, and a Python and ES6 wrapper for it.
- Launched several open source projects with continuous integration and delivery, code coverage, and functional tests.
- Created a lightweight SDK terminal client to automate IoT app development.
- Compiled C++ code with MATLAB as the target.
- Implemented several filters for GPU processing images using CUDA.
- Used MATLAB to prototype different algorithms to implement and benchmark their results.
- Wrote several tutorials and guides and published the results internally within the university research network.
- Learned CMake to compile together OpenCV with CUDA with several C++ libraries.
- Used OpenCV to read the image stream and pass them to CUDA filters.
Yeti Smart Home
Y Combinator Startup School
Programming Visually with Node-RED: Wiring Up the Internet of Things with Ease
React Native, Express.js, Bootstrap 3, AngularJS, Angular, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
React Redux, Node.js, React, D3.js, OpenCV
Linux, MacOS, NVIDIA CUDA, Firebase, WordPress, Android
Lean Startups, SVG, Segment
MATLAB, Zsh, Sublime Text, CMake, Apache, NGINX
Scrum, Agile Software Development
SQLite, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Universidad de Sevilla - Sevilla
Professional Degree in Language
Institut Catholique de Toulouse - Toulouse
Exchange Program as Part of My Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid - Madrid