CTO and Co-founder2017 - PRESENTYeti Smart Home
Technologies: TypeScript, Segment, Firebase, React Native
- Pivoted from a B2B open source support model to a commercially available iOS and Android App.
- Managed the transition to the new working framework and technologies.
- Led a team of six engineers in the production of software and created a culture to consistently reach our goals.
- Planned and managed the scale from hundreds of users to dozens of thousands, with hundreds of thousands of IoT devices connected.
- Developed the product and developer operations assistant software with Docker, npm, bash scripting, our cloud providers, and additional services.
Engineering Mentor2016 - PRESENTThinkful
- Led people from different backgrounds to start developing and successfully start a career.
- Met with students on a weekly basis for a short time to review their progress towards their goal.
- Actively supported, motivated, and taught how to overcome technical interviews and whiteboards.
- Evaluated progress by reviewing capstone projects.
- Held open Q&As to shed light on open source contribution and industry specific tooling.
CTO2014 - PRESENTNetbeast
Technologies: MATLAB, C, C++, Bash, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, MongoDB, Angular, Node.js
- Created an app marketplace that implemented version control through Git using Node.js, MongoDB, and some shell script.
- Designed an OS to run Node.js apps that is installable in routers with minimum footprint, with high-level user interface and fine-grained app launching.
- Implemented an abstraction REST API for CRUD IoT resources in Node.js, SQLite, and a Python and ES6 wrapper for it.
- Launched several open source projects with continuous integration and delivery, code coverage, and functional tests.
- Created a lightweight SDK terminal client to automate IoT app development.
Intern Researcher2014 - 2015FIUS
Technologies: OpenCV, CMake, Bash, MATLAB, CUDA, C, C++
- Compiled C++ code with MATLAB as the target.
- Implemented several filters for GPU processing images using CUDA.
- Used MATLAB to prototype different algorithms to implement and benchmark their results.
- Wrote several tutorials and guides and published the results internally within the university research network.
- Learned CMake to compile together OpenCV with CUDA with several C++ libraries.
- Used OpenCV to read the image stream and pass them to CUDA filters.